BRM Reviews the 2/24/2022 NXT UK

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 2/24/2022 NXT UK

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 20th, '22, 14:54

XIA BROOKSIDE vs. AMELE- 5.5/10
Amele won clean. Xia has figured out how to be annoying during the match as well as on interviews.

GALLUS, NOAM DAR, & SHA SAMUELS IN SID SCALA’S OFFICE- bad
Sid Scala announced that Joe Coffey would be getting a shot at the Heritage Cup Title. Dar correctly complained that “THAT MAKES ZERO SENSE!” Arguing happened, so Scala also booked Mark Coffey vs. Sha Samuels.

PRETTY DEADLEY WALKED THROUG DAVE MASTIFF & JACK STARZ’S INTERVIW, SO MASTIFF ENCOURAGED STARZ TO GO INTO THEIR LOCKER ROOM AND RUIN THEIR CLOTHES- Responding to a minor offense with vandalism. How are these guys the babyfaces?

DANNY JONES vs. ROHAN RAJA (w/Die Familie)- 6/10
A good match, but I would have much preferred for Raja’s win to be cleaner and more dominant. Is there even room for Danny Jones in the hierarchy of the men’s singles division? Why does he need to be protected?
Die Familie beat Danny Jones up after the match.

SYMBIOSIS VIDEO PROMO- AWESOME!

A WEIRD VIDEO- A cloaked figure was running through a forest, then across a highway. A trucker almost hit him/her. He/she dropped some hair or something. The trucker came out and picked it up.

MARK COFFEY & SHA SAMUELS BACKSTAGE- dull
Build towards their friends being barred from ringside for their match next week.

DIE FAMILIE RUN INTO A-KID BACKSTAGE- fine
A-Kid has an issue with Charlie Dempsey. He tells him “I thought you were better than that” (joining Die Familie).

MEIKO SATOMURA CELEBRATION- meh
Isla Dawn is the one who crashed it. She apparently can magically control the music as well as the lights. She’s got a new look now, with curlier hair and more skin showing. She says that she has come for her last “trophy.” She then kicked Meiko in the head and knocked her out, and ran off with… the flowers that were presented to Meiko. Yes, really.

SAM GRADWELL PROMO, LOOKING AT HIMSELF IN THE MIRROR- Great stuff, minus the frustrating cliché of it being revealed that someone has a small child who they care about right in the middle of a babyface turn. You’d think that if someone was a parent, it would have come up before that.

ILJA DRAGUNOV RESPONDS TO NATHAN FRASIER’S CHALLENGE- GREAT!
The match has been signed for next week.

NXT UK TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: Moustache Mountain(c) vs. Ashton Smith & Oliver Carter- 7.25/10
A great main event, leading up to a big moment of Trent Seven knocking Smith’s foot off the rope during the finish. I guess I was wrong about them going heel.

A fine episode of NXT UK.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3