BRM Reviews the 3/17/2022 NXT UK

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 3/17/2022 NXT UK

Post by Big Red Machine » May 1st, '22, 14:54

TYLER BATE (w/Trent Seven) vs. OLIVER CARTER (w/Ashton Smith)- 7/10
This was a GREAT match. It was fun and exciting and built very well, without them kicking out of too much. The finish saw Seven start a shoving match with Smith, which resulted in Bate getting distracted, allowing Carter to counter his attempted top rope move with a backslide for the win.

MORE DUMB SAXON HUXLEY CRAP- He’ll be A-Kid’s partner next week. Associating with Huxley is making me dread seeing A-Kid.

WILD BOAR VIDEO- fine
He’s coming for revenge against Eddie Dennis.

NINA SAMUELS vs. EMILIA MCKENZIE- 5.5/10
Millie won clean.

EARLIER THIS WEEK, MARK COFFEY TOLD THE CAMERA HE GOT HIMSELF A SHOT AT THE HERITAGE CUP- I’m not sure what he has done to earn this.

KENNY WILLIAMS VIDEO/PROMO- He’s not afraid of Sam Gradwell (or whoever) leaving him threatening notes promising revenge.

EDDIE DENNIS & SYMBIOSIS IN SID SCALA’S OFFICE- meh
Scala tells Eddie that Wild Boar wants a match with him. Eddie says that he’s just a manager now, and pitches that Wild Boar should face his former tag team partner T-Bone instead. Sid Scala liked this idea.

ALEAH JAMES vs. STEVIE TURNER- 4.5/10
James won by roll-up. Turner’s presence annoys me. She’s not a character. She’s just a stupid nickname.

SHA SAMUELS & NOAM DAR ARE ANNOYING- Seriously, how has no one done anything them betting on Dar’s matches?!

ISLA DAWN VS. MEIKO SATOMURA VIDEO PACKAGE- fine

RODERICK STRONG vs WOLFGANG- 6.75/10
The fans are doing the stupid “Roddy’s little boots” chant from, like, 2015, but now they’re singing it because this is Europe. I was so glad that the announcers just ignored it.
There was some work on the mid-sections. Roddy won clean in what was pretty disappointing for a Roderick Strong main event against a similarly-sized hard-hitter.

RODERICK STRONG PROMO- He wants a title shot against Ilja Dragunov. That will be INSANE!

This was a pretty meh episode of NXT UK. The opener was great ad it definitely put some building blocks in place, but some of those building blocks are clearly building a building that ave no desire to enter (or however that metaphor would work).
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3