BRM Reviews the 6/16/2022 NXT UK (WATCH THE FINAL SEGMENT FOR YOURSELF FIRST!)

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 6/16/2022 NXT UK (WATCH THE FINAL SEGMENT FOR YOURSELF FIRST!)

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 3rd, '22, 21:24

TIGER TURAN vs. JOSH MORRELL- no rating,
Turan won by ref stoppage when Morrell was injured shortly into the match.

BLAIR DAVENPORT VIDEO- okay
She returns soon.

MYLA GRACE vs. LASH LEGEND- 4/10
Lash wo clean.

SARRAY PROMO- weird
This would have been a passable generic babyface promo… except she was dressed like a schoolgirl.

JOSH BRIGGS, BROOKS HENSEN, & FALLON HENLEY PROMO/VIDEO PACKAGE- decent
Briggs & Jensen have added a woman to their act since I saw them last, and have also become even more cartoonish. I fear that their presence here will be an excuse to do “rednecks bumble around London” skits.
They were total caricatures, but the video package got across what it needed to.

NOAM DAR & SHA SAMUELS vs. DAMON KEMP & WOLFGANG- 6.75/10
This was close to a 7, but didn’t quite get there. Kemp is coming along nicely. The babyfaces won, paying the heels back for their cheating both in this match and in the Samuels vs. Kemp match. I liked that they had the rookie Kemp be the one to fall victim to the standard tag match heel shenanigans.
After the match, as the heels were headed up the ramp, Samuels charged back into the ring at Wolfgang and got laid out with a spinebuster. All this did was make Samuels look worse.

The announcers noted that Dar hasn’t defended the Heritage Cup in months. Andy Sheppard tried to use this to frame Dar as a coward, but isn’t that really management’ fault for not booking the matches?

Briggs & Jensen are randomly being given a tag title shot next week.

TRENT SEVEN ADDRESSES HIS FUTURE- FANTASTIC!
He called out Tyler Bate and thanked him for all of the great memories they had together (them and “the other one”) and gave him a big hug. Then he turned heel on him and told him “I never needed you.”
The comparisons that will leap to people’s minds for this are obviously going to be the Mark Henry turn on Cena in 2014, and Kevin Steen turning on El Generico at ROH Final Battle 2010, and this was right up there with those in terms of quality, which is extremely high praise.

This was a good episode of NXT UK, although really it was a pretty meh show pulled up by a fantastic angle at the end. This Trent Seven heel run should be a lot of fun.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3