PROGRESS Wrestling: Freedom's Road: Episode 9

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 14th, '17, 18:21

Part Nine
"Cursed"

Show starts with a Japanese story with shadow animation. The story as about a legendary samurai that failed in battle and sold his soul to the devil to become the best warrior so he could come back and have his revenge. This is the Curse of Shen Woo. This was really well done.

"Short Fuse" Matt Walker vs Shen Woo - 4/10
Shen Woo couldn't look less like a legendary cursed warrior, I said it before and I'll say it again, he looks like the Hollywood stereotype of a Chinese food delivery guy; Walker on the other hand, super green, but he looks like a small Dynamite Kid. Commentary mention that Shen Woo has been in PROGRESS for several years, but has never progressed like a bunch of his peers. This was a really bad match, Walker wasn't bad, just green, but Woo is being sold as this huge thing and he's just not. He also uses a Naruto song as entrance theme.

Earl Black Jr vs RJ Singh w/Darren Allen - 6.5/10
I really like RJ's song, it's like a remix of Gangrel's song. RJ is making fun of Black Jr for his attire (plain blank trunks), but RJ himself can't even take off his super gimmicky jacket. This was a pretty decent match, Earl Black really looked great throwing RJ around and making him tap out at the end, but overall, nothing noteworthy we can say, it was just a straight up match building up Black Jr vs Allen.

OVERALL THOUGHTS
Ok show, nothing to call home about, the second match was good, but that's about it.