cero2k
Site Admin

Cero Reviews AEW Dynamite 12.4: Moxley vs Janela II

Post by cero2k » Dec 4th, '19, 20:06

AEW Dynamite
December 4th, 2019
Champagne, IL

Straight to wrestling

The Young Bucks & Dustin Rhodes vs The Inner Circle (Proud & Powerful & Sammy Guevara) - 8/10
Dustin is wearing Buck tassels, looks kinda good kinda weird. He also has his cast that he is using while wrestling, so I guess he's allowed to use it.

This was a hell of a sprint! Match saw the Bucks and Dustin start strong until Matt got a little bit in over his head and got taken out and worked on for a bit until Dustin got the hot tag. Talking about Dustin, he was out crazy out there, doing top rope planchas, destroyers, apron sentons, kicking out of 630s, rejuvenated! No taking anything away from The Bucks and Guevara who were just fantastic out there too. Story was pretty much that Guevara lost the match because the cocky dumb-ass wanted to vlog instead of focusing on the match.

and on to more wrestling

Trent w/Chuck Taylor & Orange Cassidy vs Fenix - 8/10
Pentagon was announced, but commentary told us that he was actually getting ready for his own match later tonight.

Another great fucking match. This was more back and forward, both men had a great showing, and given the last weeks, I wasn't sure who was winning, but it ended up being Fenix with the Mexican Muscle Buster. Chuck and OC never interfered or anything.

Cody Rhodes Interview - Cody talked about his scar reminding him of his failures. Cody addressed that Dustin is out there in a blood feud with the TIC, Brandi is out there cutting hair, and MJF betrayed him. He called out The Blade and The Butcher that if they wanted a shot, they just had to ask. He said that he WILL fight MJF and talked trash at him. He offered a ton of cash and goods to MJF for such match, I'm guessing Cody doesn't really have the power to just book and force people to wrestle him.

Ok promo. Cody finally got to cut all the promos he needed to.

Joey Janela Interview - Janela told Moxley that this match actually counts and this time and that he'll have to kill him. Mox walked up and just said 'Kids'.

Dark Order Vignette - Another awesome vignette, now showing the process of signing up and being inducted to the Dark Order. We got the same fat guy from all the vignettes, it's nice to see the progression of the same character, unfortunately, his motivation to join was 'wanting friends', and thus he got killed and dismembered by the creeps. Dark Order have a logo now too.

Nyla Rose vs "The Librarian" Leva Bates w/Peter Avalon - Squash
Another squash for Bates. Avalon tried to save her, but ended up getting taken out with a double chokeslam by Rose. Nyla got the pin with the Beast Bomb.

Post-match - Nyla hit a second one after the bell. Nyla was going for another, but Shanna came out for the save and revenge of the attack last week. Shanna ended up taking a big slam unfortunately. In the side-to-side commercial screen, Nyla put Shanna and a ref through a table, and thus she has been suspended.

Chris Jericho Rants - Jericho is ranting that he is contractually obligated to have another match this year, and so he made a list of people he he won't wrestle. Had Moxley a ton of times, most of the Elite, most of S.C.U. and more, but mostly emphasis on Moxley. Eventually he was interrupted by the Jurassic Express.

Jericho told Dinosaurs and Kids are on the list. He tells Jungle Boy that he doesn't even have a win and that he doesn't give a shit if he's Perry's kid. Jericho told him that he wouldn't even last 10 minutes with him. Jungle Boy took the the mic from Jericho and talked for the first time, with his beautiful voice said, I know I can last 10 minutes, and I'm gonna kick your ass. Slapped Jericho and got into a small brawl before making Jericho and Hager walk away. Loved the angle. Jungle Boy is money.

Jungle Boy vs Jericho announced for December 18!

Kris Statlander vs Hikaru Shida - 7/10
Statlander is on a huge roll, granted she's 0-2, but she's been brought back for the third show already. And holy shit, didn't see that coming! Kris Statlander managed to pin Shida, the number 1 seat!

Match gave Kris A LOT, she was showing off left and right, and while Shida didn't look weak or anything, Statlander wouldn't go down and she kept coming and coming and coming, until she got her in the Package Tombstone and got the win.

Post-match - Brandi Rhodes and Awesome Kong came out. Brandi explained their actions saying that they're the "Nightmare Collective" and that they do the jobs that no one wants. She said that they were here to take out Shida, but that since Kris had won, Brandi offered Kris to join The Collective, or face Kong.

Suddenly, some lady at ringside said that shew wanted to pledge, that she loved them. She offered her hair like Serena Deeb once did to CM Punk and the Straightedge Society. Kong took her hair, like all of it. Statlander didn't end up answering, but getting face to face with Kong says more. The chick was Melanie Cruise by the way, she's been in the indies forever.

A lot of cults in AEW. CM Punk return imminent?

The Blade and The Butcher vs Cody and QT Marshall was announced for next week. Cody had offered B&B that they could pick his tag partner, so they picked a jobber. Also for next week, Bucks vs PnP in a Texas Street Fight.

Christopher Daniels vs Pentagon Jr - 6.5/10
Ok match, Daniels was pretty much better and had the upper hand a lot until the end when Fenix threw in Daniels' mic stand, getting into a distraction thing that led Daniels to do the right thing and getting low blowed for it. Pentagon followed with a Fear Factor for the win. Not gonna lie, I kinda expected more out of this match, but I can see them having a better one down the line. This felt rushed.

There was a spot with Daniels going for the Arabian Moonsault but 'botching' it and I know it had to be on purpose because Daniels and 'botch' don't go in the same sentence.

The Blade & The Butcher promo - Allie cut a promo saying that this was the first order of chaos, they targeted Cody specifically because they're tired of him being the poster boy and they're here to cut the head off the snake.

"The Bad Boy" Joey Janela vs Jon Moxley - 7.5/10
This was more of a brawl, the likes of Moxley in New Japan, with them going all over the place, but not necessarily going hardcore. We knew Janela had no chance, but he managed to get a hell of a near fall after a dive onto the time keeper's table.

Post-match - Chris Jericho's music hit. Jericho came out with his crew and mimicked Moxley's taunt from last week, standing amoung the crowd and locking eyes with him.

OVERALL THOUGHTS
A really wrestling heavy show with some good storyline developments. We have some nice 'mid-season' feuds going on and we're getting some better developments with some of the newcomers.

Bob-O

Re: Cero Reviews AEW Dynamite 12.4: Moxley vs Janela II

Post by Bob-O » Dec 5th, '19, 08:32

cero2k wrote: Dec 4th, '19, 20:06 Jungle Boy took the the mic from Jericho and talked for the first time, with his beautiful voice said, I know I can last 10 minutes, and I'm gonna kick your ass. Slapped Jericho and got into a small brawl before making Jericho and Hager walk away. Loved the angle. Jungle Boy is money.
I won't disagree that Jungle Boy is money, but nothing about this interaction made me think he stands a chance against Jericho. I thought he came off super reserved, and the emphasis is now off winning the title. Lasting 10 minutes is the moral victory, and I don't care for it. Interested to see what they do with this next week.

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Cero Reviews AEW Dynamite 12.4: Moxley vs Janela II

Post by cero2k » Dec 5th, '19, 08:49

Bob-O wrote: Dec 5th, '19, 08:32
cero2k wrote: Dec 4th, '19, 20:06 Jungle Boy took the the mic from Jericho and talked for the first time, with his beautiful voice said, I know I can last 10 minutes, and I'm gonna kick your ass. Slapped Jericho and got into a small brawl before making Jericho and Hager walk away. Loved the angle. Jungle Boy is money.
I won't disagree that Jungle Boy is money, but nothing about this interaction made me think he stands a chance against Jericho. I thought he came off super reserved, and the emphasis is now off winning the title. Lasting 10 minutes is the moral victory, and I don't care for it. Interested to see what they do with this next week.
of course he doesn't stand a chance, and they're not pretending like he has any chance, thus the 10 minute thing. It's just like Darby, everyone knew he didn't stand a chance. I liked it because I know that Jericho can do a lot for Jungle Boy in terms of showing him off and allowing him to breakout