Cero Reviews AEW Dynamite 12.11: Texas Street Fight!

All AEW Related Reviews and Discussions
cero2k
Site Admin

Cero Reviews AEW Dynamite 12.11: Texas Street Fight!

Post by cero2k » Dec 11th, '19, 20:03

AEW Dynamite
December 11, 2019
Garland, TX

Straight to wrestling

Jon Moxley vs Alex Reynolds w/John Silver - Squash
Mox was in Japan on Sunday kicking Archer and Suzuki's ass, now he's here in AEW about to kill Reynolds. Mox won with a knee and PS in under a minute. Fastest match in AEW. He hit a PS on Silver too after Silver tried to attack him.

Excalibur did confirm that Moxley is the No. 1 Contender to Jericho's title.

Post-match - Chris Jericho came out with the gang. First time they've been so close to each other. Jericho called Mox the top guy, brought up their history together and how Jericho taught Mox how to become a champion and how Jericho directed Mox to AEW. Jericho invited Moxley to The Inner Circle and told him to take his time to answer. Jericho and the TIC walked away leaving a tee with Mox.

Bucks vs PnP Recap - Awesome, it's the one from Dark. I get so hyped from the Buck's package. Also announced, this is now a No. 1 Contendership match!

The Butcher and The Blade w/The Bunny vs Cody & QT Marshall - 8/10
Honestly, how the fuck do people think this looks like a cult? Match had the obvious dynamite that Marshall was the weak link so he got cut off for a while until Cody made the big comeback. Marshall was botchy and sloppy, but it worked perfectly for his weak portrait here. The match got crazy towards the end and leave it to AEW to make the crowd go crazy about QT Marshall's comeback and coming so close to winning, but at the end, Butcher got rid of Cody, allowing them to double team QT for the win. This was great at the end.

Post-match - Darby Allin came out and offered Cody his hand, pretty much telling him that he has Cody's back.

We got footage of PnP and The Bucks getting ready for their match.

MJF Promo - He came down to the ring, made fun of the staff that chuckled at Cody's comment about MJF's 'Crossrhodes' and made the dude kiss the ring and then delivered the Double Cross. MJF then cut a promo addressing Cody's offer, which he said that he doesn't need money at all, instead he wants Cody to suffer. He accepted the match if he can get his stipulations accepted, but he'll reveal them in Jacksonville.

This man is a walking masterclass in promos.

Dark Order Video - We got Alex Reynolds watching the hotels' video thinking about losing, when suddenly, the video starts talking to him and tells him to join The Dark Order. Creepy and awesome, I'm loving this.

Big Swole vs Emi Sakura - 6.5/10
Rick Knox is selling the attack from Nyla Rose, sporting tape on his neck. Ok match, back and forward, a lot of Sakura comedy that sometimes gets over, sometimes it doesn't. This was mostly to show off Swole and get her a win over a ranked player.

Swole and Statlander got over soo easy.

PAC interview - He came to this company for an opportunity, but he's only seen injustice. He wants Omega, or he'll bring Chaos.

Shawn Spears & Kid Sabian w/Penelope Ford vs Kenny Omega & "Hangman" Adam Page - 7.5/10
Prior to the match, Tully cut a promo saying that they're testing Sabian to see if they become a tag team. Story was that Page was being extra aggressive, but still got cut off from Omega, worked on, and then Omega came in with the hot tag

Big stuff happens towards the end when the lights went off and revealed that Janela had kidnapped Tully, causing Spears to chase after him leaving Sabian alone to get killed by Omega, but when Omega was gonna go for the kill, Page tagged himself in and stole the pin from Omega. Omega was like "ok, i guess that's ok, we won anyway".

Brandi Promo - She just kinda talked shit about the women's division and then revealed that a man has joined the Collective. Looked old, but I couldn't tell who it was.

Jericho and Hager joined commentary telling Excalibur and Schiavone to get the fuck off. Jericho and JR doing commentary together was great.

"Spanish God' Sammy Guevara vs Luchasaurus w/JE - 7/10, but pretty much a Squash
This was 100% designed to show off Luchasaurus as AEW's Big Green Machine. A monster with the power and dominance that does have trouble with speedy guys sometimes, but overall, it was a one sided match. Luchasaurus

Post-match - Hager and Jericho jumped Luchasaurus. Jungle Jack went after Jericho and got a fake 3-count pin on him to prove a point.

AEW goes back to Chicago for "Revolution", the next PPV, taking place on February 29. This is part of the C2E2, Comic book and Entertainment event.

Next week Lucha Bros vs Omega/Page, Jungle Boy vs Jericho in a 10-minute Time Limit. Baker vs Statlander in a No. 1 Contenders match for the women's title, and the winner of next match vs SCU. It's gonna be a really packed show next week.

Texas Street Fight No 1 Contender's Match
The Young Bucks vs Proud n Powerfull - 8.5/10
PnP and Guevara jumped The Bucks on their entrance. Cutler came out for the save, but got Powerbombed through the stage. Nick hit an entrance ramp Swanton onto Ortiz on a table, all this within the first minute. This got crazy, tons of weapon shots, kicks, dives, tables, it built to Knox being taken out and The Bucks getting a visual pin with a More Bang For Your Buck, so the Bucks had to come back from that and regain the momentum lost. Bucks eventually won with the Meltzer Driver on Ortiz.

Post-match - SCU and The Bucks got face to face to close the show.

OVERALL THOUGHTS
I thought this was one of the better shows in the last month, really tight and full of action. Next week is gonna be a heavy one.

Bob-O

Re: Cero Reviews AEW Dynamite 12.11: Texas Street Fight!

Post by Bob-O » Dec 12th, '19, 09:42

cero2k wrote: Dec 11th, '19, 20:03 The Butcher and The Blade w/The Bunny vs Cody & QT Marshall - 8/10
Honestly, how the fuck do people think this looks like a cult?
The gear has them looking like cousins of The Dark Order. Cults... Bondage... two different things people would prefer to generalize instead of familiarize.

Kind of like how The Brood never really fit in with The Ministry of Darkness but nobody really knew why.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 12th, '19, 14:28

I've learned this late, but apparently, Matt Jackson was dying with chills minutes before the match, and Emi Sakura ended up puking towards the end of her match. They both still wrestled and finished their respective matches.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Dec 12th, '19, 15:46

cero2k wrote: Dec 12th, '19, 14:28 I've learned this late, but apparently, Matt Jackson was dying with chills minutes before the match, and Emi Sakura ended up puking towards the end of her match. They both still wrestled and finished their respective matches.
I read that earlier, and it's not sitting well with me.

I get that the show must go on and all that, but being that sick is almost as bad as going out intoxicated imo. I wouldn't feel good about putting my well being/career in the hands of somebody trying not to vomit. Sure, the Bucks were the main event which I guess puts some pressure on it, but Sakura didn't need to be out there.

It's disappointing, I thought this was one of the mentalities that AEW was trying to change...

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 12th, '19, 19:33

Bob-O wrote: Dec 12th, '19, 15:46
It's disappointing, I thought this was one of the mentalities that AEW was trying to change...
sakura wasn't sick, she either gassed out or got hit in a way that turned her stomach. eitherway, we haven't seen any injuries or anything like that in AEW, there's nothing wrong happening here. No one is fighting concussed or being dropped head first into tables that later require staples