DARK Elevation 3.29

All AEW Related Reviews and Discussions
cero2k
Site Admin

DARK Elevation 3.29

Post by cero2k » Mar 30th, '21, 12:41

I happened to watch it last night, I had nothing to do.

My first impression was that it FELT cool, like better than Dynamite, maybe it was just the coincidence that the intro is better and then the first thing that happens is JD Drake coming out followed by OC's new Pixies intro, so listening to actual music made it feel different.

As the show went on, I did feel the show was incredibly long, 16 (?) matches is just too much to try and watch live, but I guess since it's on Youtube, I wouldn't mind picking and choosing. It felt like a bigger deal than normal DARK cuz they had promos with Mox and Milo and others, but a lot of the matches are the same squash deals. They should had made this show a 4-5 match show with more time to each match.

Giant still feels weird to me on commentary, I hear fake enthusiasm, but it may just be me, and that is definitely how every announcer sounds anyway.

I don't foresee going out of my way to ever watch it (like every other American promotion really), but if things align and I need noise in my house, it's really not a bad watch.

XIV

Re: DARK Elevation 3.29

Post by XIV » Apr 1st, '21, 04:49

I have heard nothing about the rest of this show, except Miro's AWFUL Steiner-esque promo. That's not the big news you want coming out of these shows, as a the presenter you want the focus to be "dude, you need to catch Wrestler A vs Wrestler B because it was awesome" NOT "Dude, Watch Miro's promo, where he wishes for contradicting things and makes no sense, it's hilarious". So far bad promos have been the main news coming out of these!
Have A Nice Day!

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Apr 1st, '21, 07:26

XIV wrote: Apr 1st, '21, 04:49 I have heard nothing about the rest of this show, except Miro's AWFUL Steiner-esque promo. That's not the big news you want coming out of these shows, as a the presenter you want the focus to be "dude, you need to catch Wrestler A vs Wrestler B because it was awesome" NOT "Dude, Watch Miro's promo, where he wishes for contradicting things and makes no sense, it's hilarious". So far bad promos have been the main news coming out of these!
Well, we definitely listen to different news outlets then

XIV

Post by XIV » Apr 1st, '21, 08:50

cero2k wrote: Apr 1st, '21, 07:26
XIV wrote: Apr 1st, '21, 04:49 I have heard nothing about the rest of this show, except Miro's AWFUL Steiner-esque promo. That's not the big news you want coming out of these shows, as a the presenter you want the focus to be "dude, you need to catch Wrestler A vs Wrestler B because it was awesome" NOT "Dude, Watch Miro's promo, where he wishes for contradicting things and makes no sense, it's hilarious". So far bad promos have been the main news coming out of these!
We likely do.

but Twitter was definitely alive with Miro's horrific promo. There's a reason Lana did all his talking in WWE.
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 1st, '21, 10:03

XIV wrote: Apr 1st, '21, 08:50
cero2k wrote: Apr 1st, '21, 07:26
We likely do.

but Twitter was definitely alive with Miro's horrific promo. There's a reason Lana did all his talking in WWE.
I usually enjoyed his WWE promos.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Apr 1st, '21, 10:39

this is the promo I think you're talking about. I think it's ok, it's not Jay White at WK, but it's not that bad. This is actually closer to the Miro that I think most people want to watch rather than the videogamer

XIV

Post by XIV » Apr 1st, '21, 10:59

“I wish you to get through next week’s match”
“I wish you to go home”
“I wish you crack your skull”

So which is it Miro?
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 1st, '21, 12:49

cero2k wrote: Apr 1st, '21, 10:39 this is the promo I think you're talking about. I think it's ok, it's not Jay White at WK, but it's not that bad. This is actually closer to the Miro that I think most people want to watch rather than the videogamer

I didn't think this was anywhere near that bad. Maybe I'm cutting him a bit more slack than others for being a non-native speaker, but to compare this to Scott Steiner is ridiculous.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3