BRM Reviews the 12/3/2021 Rampage

All AEW Related Reviews and Discussions
Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 12/3/2021 Rampage

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 6th, '21, 21:42

AEW TNT TITLE MATCH: Sammy Guevara(c) vs. Tony Nese- 6.75/10
Guevara’s ribs are taped up. They got worked over, and so did his knee. He won clean.

CHRISTIAN PROMO ON BEHALF OF LUCHASAURS & JUNGLE BOY- good
This was good babyface stuff, but done in a way that also planted the seeds for Christian’s eventual heel turn in these guys, saying “we” a lot (as in “we beat”) and talking about how he would “make” them the tag champs.

JANAI KAI vs. JADECARGILL (w/Mark Sterling)- no rating, good segment
Thunder Rosa joined the commentary team for this match to scout Jade Cargill. Jade squashed the jobber, then went to beat her up after the match. Thunder Rosa ran down to make the save, and they had to be pulled apart by the referees.

YOUNG BUCKS & ADAM COLE PROMO- mixed
Cole was good. The Bucks were over the top cartoon characters. The Bucks challenged Best Friends to a match on Dynamite.

BRYAN DANIELSON VS. JOHN SILVER VIDEO PACKAGE/PROMO- Here’s to hoping that Danielson obliterates the clown faster than Jade beat tonight’s jobber.

MARK HENRY INTERVIEWS THE PEOPLE IN THE MAIN EVENT- meh

FTR (w/Tully Blanchard) vs. DEATH TRIANGLE (Pac & Penta el 0M) (w/Alex Abrahantes)- 7.75/10
This was a great match, although it bothered me that Pac showed no ill effects from having to wrestle with just one eye (I don’t buy for a second that only having one eye caused him to slip on a springboard attempt. I never see wrestlers looking down at their feet when they pull themselves up for a springboard). The finish saw Malakai Black come out and spray mist into Pac’s other eye, allowing Dax to roll him up for the pin.

POST-MATCH SEGMENT- whatever
Penta attacked the heels after the match, and they quickly beat him up and took his mask off. Then Malakai Black tried to gouge Pac’s eye out. There was blood on his hands, so I guess Pac is now blinded. Like the Seth Rollins eye-pulling, this is too far for me to find it believable, and especially without any sort of real explanation for what Black’s motivation to do any of this is.

This was a fine episode of Rampage.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3