BRM Reviews the 3/11/2022 Rampage

All AEW Related Reviews and Discussions
Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 3/11/2022 Rampage

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 14th, '22, 12:29

DARBY ALLEN (w/Sting) vs. MARQ QUEN (w/Isiah Kassidy)- 6/10
Darby’s ribs got worked over but he overcame it and won. Quen’s 450 from the top ot the floor was insane.

POST-MATCH SEGMENT- meh
The AFO came out to menace Sting and Darby. The Bunny was with them this time, which is how I knew there wasn’t going to be any violence when the Hardys came out. The Hardys just stood there and posed, and the AFO left. Matt not just charging at the people who betrayed him really bugged me. It’s not like there is already a match booked where he knows he’ll be able to get his hands on them. If we fans are supposed to be upset about this betrayal, the person who was actually betrayed needs to be upset!

DAN LAMBERT & MEN OF THE YEAR PROMO- very good
Built for Scorpio Sky’s TNT Title defense against Wardlow on Wednesday.

HOUSE OF BLACK VIDEO- I’m still waiting for any of this to actually mean something.

MERCEDES MARTINEZ vs. JAMIE HAYTER (w/Dr. Britt Baker, DMD & Rebel)- 5/10
Hayter won after interference from Dr. Baker.

POST-MATCH SEGMENT- meh
The heels were going to beat Mercedes up some more, so Thunder Rosa ran out with a chair to make the save. Mercedes should consider herself very lucky that Thunder Rosa came out here at all after Mercedes was nowhere to be found to stop any of the interference that cost Thunder Rosa the title match at the PPV.

HIKARU SHIDA VIDEO PACKAGE/PROMO- good
She wants more revenge on Serena Deeb. Threatening to cut her head of was probably a little much, though.

KEITH LEE vs. Q.T. MARSHALL (w/the Factory)- squash

POST-MATCH SEGMENT- we’re up to 3/3 on attempted post-match attacks after matches on this show. Lee easily dealt with Aaron Solow and Nick Comoroto. We’re at the point where I don’t even think this helps Lee at all, because it’s not showing us anything new (similar to the Serena Deeb five-minute challenges).
Once the Factory was beaten, Will Hobbs and Ricky Starks came down to attack Lee. He was able to deal with Starks, but was taken out by Hobbs due to the numbers game. I get the thing with the Factory was to protect Lee for when Hobbs took him down, but I think that was actually counter-productive, as it makes Hobbs taking Lee down less impressive, and thus doesn’t build to a match between those two as well.

MARK HENRY INTERVIEWS THE PEOPLE IN THE MAIN EVENT- very good
Mark Henry’s question to Nese about why he challenged Strickland shows that Mark didn’t pay attention to their segment on Dynamite.
Nese tells us that he is on a winning streak and is unbeaten all year. I don’t think we’ve ever seen him win on TV in AEW. Is it really that hard to give the guy a squash win on Dynamite or Rampage before having him say something like this?
Both guys spoke well, which was… well… pretty shocking, in Nese’s case.

SHANE “SWERVE” STRICKLAND vs. TONY NESE- 7/10
Swerve won cleanly, as he should have. No one tried to attack him after the match.

This was a passable episode of Rampage.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3