BRM Reviews the 4/1/2022 Rampage

All AEW Related Reviews and Discussions
Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 4/1/2022 Rampage

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 6th, '22, 21:22

TOP FLIGHT vs. THE YOUNG BUCKS (w/Brandon Cutler)- 7/10
The Bucks won a fun action-packed opener.

KRIS STATLANDER VIDEO PACKAGE- Supposedly we are now seeing a more violent side of her. This is about the fourth time I’ve heard that from someone in the women’s division in the past five months, and it has actually been true yet.

DAN LAMBERT & FRIENDS PROMO- bad segment
Apparently Sammy Guevara and Tay Conti took naked pictures with the TNT Title. That is a heel move. Lambert claimed he would never give them the matches they want. They appeared on the KhanTron, and because they couldn’t get what they wanted, they destroyed his car. How are they the babyfaces?

DANHAUSEN INTERRUPTS TONY SCHIAVONE’S INTERVIEW WITH HOOK- dumb sh*t
Danhausen is upset because “curse” didn’t work on Hook. He somehow knows this “curse” didn’t work even though Hook hasn’t wrestled a match since the curse was put on him. Hook ignored Danhausen and walked away which was unfortunate, because I was hoping Hook would kick Danhausen in the testicles and the beat him to a lifeless pulp.

THE HOUSE OF BLACK vs. FUEGO DEL SOL & THE DARK ORDER (Evil Uno & Stu Grayson)- 6/10
Good action. Fuego had a good showing but lost cleanly. See… this is the sort of thing they needed to be doing with Fuego in the months leading up the Miro match. At this point, though we’re way past that, so it’s still Fuego being a loser who doesn’t deserve his roster spot.

YOUNG BUCKS PROMO- dull
They list off their accomplishments and accept FTR’s challenge. They are heel here, but in the Adam Cole/reDRagon stuff (both when Page is involved and when he isn’t) they’re babyfaces.
Also, how were they in South Carolina here but also at Texas at Supercard of Honor? This show is kayfabe live!

OWEN HART FOUNDATION WOMEN’S TOURNAMENT QUALIFYING MATCH: Skye Blue vs. Jamie Hayter (w/Rebel)- 4/10
Britt Baker is apparently “boycotting” matches in AEW until they return to Pittsburgh on April 20th. WHY? What does this get her? What is she even upset about? If it’s losing her title, then you’d think she would boycott AEW until she is given a rematch, not until their schedule brings them back to Pittsburgh.
So what’s the deal with this Owen Hart Tournament? What does the winner get (i.e. why should I care)?
Hayter took WAY too long to beat a dork who makes it to TV.

PENTA OSCURO PROMO- snore
This feud has gone nowhere.

MARK HENRY INTERVIEWS THE PEOPLE IN THE MAIN EVENT- not good
Hobbs was bad. He said a bunch of stuff that I’m sure sounded cool in his head. Keith Lee was fine.

KEITH LEE vs. WILL HOBBS- 5.75/10
This was a slow power match that started to get good when Ricky Starks tried to interfere. Shane Strickland came out to deal with him, which resulted in the referee being distracted and Hobbs getting a visual pinfall, so Lee can’t even beat Hobbs clean.

POST-MATCH SEGMENT- meh
More fighting happened. Starks took Strickland out with Rochambeau through a table. Hobbs hit Lee in the back with a chair. Team Taz went to put Lee through a table but he was able to fight back for a bit until Hobbs speared him through it. I assume this builds to a weapons match, but we see one of those every week, so it doesn’t feel important.

A meh episode of Dynamite, with more questionable booking decisions. There is way too much stuff in this company that feels like it’s not going anywhere.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3