Matt Hardy: If you hate The Young Bucks and Kenny Omega, you are a f**king idiot

All AEW Related Reviews and Discussions
XIV

Matt Hardy: If you hate The Young Bucks and Kenny Omega, you are a f**king idiot

Post by XIV » Aug 27th, '22, 11:45

On the latest "Extreme Life of Matt Hardy" podcast, Matt Hardy gave his thoughts on people who don’t like Kenny Omega and The Young Bucks.

Matt said, "They're very polarizing, all three of them, but Kenny Omega, Matt Jackson, Nick Jackson, The Young Bucks. People who don't get how good they are are just missing out and they do not get pro wrestling. They may think they get pro wrestling, but they (haters) do not. If you are hating on Kenny Omega, Matt Jackson, and Nick Jackson, you're a fucking moron. I mean, it is what it is. They are great and I will defend them to my dying day because they are amazing. They are all ground breakers. They have set so many trends. The three of those guys are one of the major reasons AEW is in existence. They really, really are. The stuff they did in New Japan was fantastic and they've all broken so many boundaries. They've gone so much further than anybody thought they would do. So I'm gonna say it again. if you have hate and you dislike Matt Jackson, Nick Jackson, and Kenny Omega, you are a fucking idiot."

"To go a little deeper on that, wrestling is subjective. I'm one half of the Hardy Boys. If you don't like us, that's fine. That's okay. We're not for everyone. If you don't like The Young Bucks, I do get that or if you don't like Kenny Omega. But if you don't appreciate and you don't like them from their professional game and their professional status and their innovation, their professional innovation of pro wrestling, then that's where you're a fucking moron. That's where you don't get it. I will go on record saying that because they are. They are very, very special and they have changed the way the industry runs."
Have A Nice Day!

XIV

Re: Matt Hardy: If you hate The Young Bucks and Kenny Omega, you are a f**king idiot

Post by XIV » Aug 27th, '22, 12:09

Hey, look, I don't like Bucks or Omega, they're kind of wrestling isn't for a purist like me. Take the Young Bucks first. The "superkick party" gimmick is a big part of that, probably because they tend to hit more superkicks in one match than most superstars are able to hit in ten. I won't insult them, but ultimately I think Matt Hardy has to accept that their style isn’t for everyone. The high-flying flip flopping alongside the fact neither of the Bucks ever sell anything has always wound up the purists like me, and it doesn’t really feel like that’s ever going to change. With that being said, for me and many others in fact, one of the primary issues is and has always been their repetition. Ultimately, I think it's more than just "character work" when they put themselves over being the saviours of the wrestling, it comes across as genuine narcissism and they do this constantly also which does not endear me to them.

Kenny Omega shares many of the same attributes, but people seem to add with him that he has this amazing ability to tell stories and I personally do not see it at the same time, that does not mean that I'm a "fucking moron" or that I "do not get pro wrestling". It just means that those three are not for me and I don't get the hype.

Ultimately, Hardy clearly states his acceptance that ultimately an individual's tastes towards wrestling styles are subjective and people have their likes and dislikes but then shits on the fact people have their own opinions because they do not match his.
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Re: Matt Hardy: If you hate The Young Bucks and Kenny Omega, you are a f**king idiot

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 27th, '22, 23:39

Didn't Matt get the memo? The only boss in AEW you need to suck up to is Tony
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 27th, '22, 23:45

Didn't Matt get the memo? The only boss in AEW you need to suck up to is Tony.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

XIV

Post by XIV » Aug 28th, '22, 00:13

Big Red Machine wrote: Aug 27th, '22, 23:39 Didn't Matt get the memo? The only boss in AEW you need to suck up to is Tony
This sounds like a ploy to please Dave Meltzer as much as anything
Have A Nice Day!