BRM Reviews the 9/9/2022 Rampage (great)

All AEW Related Reviews and Discussions
Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 9/9/2022 Rampage (great)

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 11th, '22, 17:12

AEW WORLD TITLE TOURNAMENT “WILDCARD ROUND” MATCH: Darby Allin vs. Sammy Guevarra (w/Tay Melo)- 7.25/10
Sammy won after interference. Darby took a powerbomb into his skateboard WITH THE TRUCKS UP. He’s so great, and it’s going to be such a tragedy when his career ends because he does something extra insane like this, which is a level beyond his normal insanity.

SAMOA JOE’S PROMO IS INTERRUPTED BY MARK STERLING AND FRIENDS- meh
Sterling wants Woods to have an ROH TV Title shot because Woods saved him from being murdered by Wardlow. Joe agrees. He wants the match tonight, but Sterling wants it next week because he’s a heel and wanting it next week gives him the chance to say that the current town is worse than next week’s town.
Joe’s promo was good, but this was another person getting a title shot for no reason.

MIRO PROMO- great
He made a vague reference to Malakai Black leaving the company, and blamed G-d for taking Black out before Miro could do it himself.

SERENA DEEB vs. MADISON RAYNE- 4/10
Deeb won a short match cleanly by working the knee. I love that knee-smashing thing. More people need to follow her and Gresham’s lead and start doing it.

LEXI NAIR INTERVIEWS JADE CARGILL & THE BADDIES- fine
They bleeped the “sh*t” in “cut the sh*t.” Jade was much more tolerant of the baddies talking of their own initiative than she usually is.

MARK HENRY INTERVIEWS THE PEOPLE IN THE MAIN EVENT- great (and Regal, too… although it would have been better if Dax had remembered that there is no “heavyweight” in the name of the ROH World Championship.

ROH WORLD TITLE MATCH: Claudio Castagnoli(c) vs. Dax Harwood (w/William Regal)- 8/10
Caprice Coleman joined Ross, Schiavone, Jericho, and Excalibur on commentary for this match. I laughed my ass off when Caprice called Jericho out for yelling, saying “Chris, do you realize that the rest of the class is using their inside voice?”

This match is following up on a face-off that happened six weeks ago, which I had completely forgotten about because it happened six weeks ago and there was no follow-up of any sort.
Claudio won cleanly.

A great episode of Rampage.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3