BRM Reviews the 3/3/2023 Rampage (very good)

All AEW Related Reviews and Discussions
Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 3/3/2023 Rampage (very good)

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 5th, '23, 14:58

AUSSIE OPEN vs. TOP FLIGHT vs. BLACKPOOL COMBAT CLUB (Claudio Castagnoli & Wheeler YUTA) vs. DARK ORDER (John Silver & Alex Reynolds)- 7/10
Silver & Reynolds jumped Claudio from behind during their entrance. The Kingdom were shown watching from the front row. There was absolutely no mention of ROH. LFI were shown watching backstage.
The BCC won, but the Dark Order attacked them right after the match.

ADAM PAGE VS. JON MOXLEY VIDEO PACKAGE- fine

JUNGLE BOY PROMO- okay
He really wants to MURDER Christian. It’s very off-putting. Because of this desire, they’re having a “Final Burial” match. I have never liked this gimmick, and I absolutely hate the name here. If it’s not something only used to write someone out, then it’s just not true, and if it is being used to write someone out, it’s too cute by far for the gravity of the situation.

EMI SAKURA vs. RIHO- 7.5/10
Really good stuff. Riho won cleanly.

WOMEN’S TITLE MATCH VIDEO PACKAGE- good

WILL HOBBS vs. SERPENTICO- squash
Hobbs cut a promo saying he would win the TNT Title from the winner of Joe vs. Wardlow.

RENEE PAQUETTE’S INTERVIEW WITH KONOSUKE TAKESHITA IS INTERRUPTED BY DON CALLIS- good
Takeshita notes that as exciting as his matches are, he’s not winning the big ones. Way to poop on the ROH show last night. He says he might need to go back to Japan to train some more. Callis offered to manage him and help him find the missing ingredient so that he can become more successful, like Will Hobbs has ever since finding his killer instinct.

MARK BRISCOE PROMO- bad
The Lucha Bros. joined him. All of them were way too goofy. They challenged Mark Sterling’ crew to a six-man tag at the PPV.

TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH VIDEO PACKAGE- bad
Too much goofiness. Only Gunn Club were tolerable.

MARK HENRY PITCHES TO A VIDEO PACKAGE ABOUT THE MAIN EVENT- meh

DUSTIN RHODES & KEITH LEE vs. MOGUL AFFILIATES (Shane Strickland & Parker Boudreaux)- 6/10
I am not a fan of Keith Lee’s new cloak. It reminds me of Danielson’s from 2004 that made him look like a vampire, except that Lee looks more like a wizard. Either way, it’s not good.
The dumbass babyfaces posed and thus got jumped from behind. They still won clean. Boudreaux didn’t look good, but the eventual Lee vs. Strickland singles match should rock.

RICKY STARKS COMES OUT TO ATTACK CHRIS JERICHO- fine
They were quickly broken up by security.

This was a good show from AEW, both in terms of in-ring action and in terms of being a go-home show.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3