WWE tag team division

All WWE/F Related Reviews and Discussions
ECWFlairfan

WWE tag team division

Post by ECWFlairfan » Feb 20th, '11, 16:31

I am sorry, but the tag team championship has become a complete waste of time... & this is said with a tear in my eye for all the great teams that have come through the WWE in its history like Demolition, Hart Foundation, Brainbusters, Edge & Christian, Dudleys, Hardys, Road Warriors, Nasty Boys, Samoans, Steiner Brothers, Valiant Brothers, Strike Force, Valentine & Beefcake, US Express, etc...

even to great teams who never won the titles like Killer Bees, Beverly Brothers, Rockers, Bundy/Studd, Bob Orton & Don Muraco, Young Stallions, Power & Glory, FBI, Public Enemy & Powers of Pain.

But if they want, they can make this division at least watchable. Here are some teams that can be formed or reunited:

Hart Dynasty (we all know breaking them up was STUPID)
Husky Harris & Michael McGuillicutty
R-Truth & Mark Henry
Ted DiBiase & Cody Rhodes
Skip Sheffield & Michael Tarver
Yoshi Tatsu & Evan Bourne
Miz & Alex Riley
Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins (former champions)
William Regal & Daniel Bryan
JTG & Kofi Kingston
Usos
Heath Slater & Justin Gabriel
Santino Marella & Primo
Vladimir Koslov & Tyler Reks
Wade Barrett & Ezekiel Jackson
Jack Swagger & Chavo Guerrero
Alberto Del Rio & Ricardo Rodriguez

Yes, all that just using their current roster... any other ideas?

badnewzxl

Re: WWE tag team division

Post by badnewzxl » Feb 20th, '11, 16:51

Vladimir Koslov & Alex Koslov (Orlov; in FCW, I think)
R-Truth & JTG
Trent Barretta & Zack Ryder
Justin Gabriel & Heath Slater
Husky Harris & Mike McGuillicutty
Hart Dynasty
Usos
Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase
Yoshi Tatsu & Evan Bourne
Miz & Alex Riley

Of course, these guys wouldn't all be exclusively in tag matches most of the time; but these tandems would work well I think. If they'd pick up a few more guys, there are a couple more that could help give them an actual tag team division (Carlito and reform the Colons, Caylen Croft and reform the Dude Busters, Shad and reform Cryme Tyme; I always thought Luke Gallows & Vance Archer could have been a good tag team had they been paired with one another)...

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 20th, '11, 17:01

MNM

ECWFlairfan

Post by ECWFlairfan » Feb 20th, '11, 17:06

I was just going by the rosters as listed on RAW & Smackdown...I didn't hink about FCW...thanks for that...

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Feb 20th, '11, 17:14

Here's some team-ups I wouldn't mind seeing:

Chris Masters and Jack Swagger - Two big guys, Swagger's phenominal in the ring and Masters isn't ~horrible~. With a good loud mouthpiece (Abe Washington, I'm looking in your direction) we could have a team to light the division up!

The DiBiase Brothers - Had Brett not been injured he would have been called up by now. Ted has the exposure to carry the team (I'm thinking the Colons here) and help his brother become familiar with the audience. From what I've seen, Brett is better in the ring than Ted (who isn't shabby by any means), the two should have tons of chemistry and put on some great matches!

Trent Barretta and Tyler Reks - Trent Barretta has all the tools to be a featured character on WWE TV for years to come. Looks, charisma, in ring talent. The dude's got it, he's just having trouble getting off the starting block. A team of Barretta and Reks, with Barretta being the "flash" and Reks being the silent "muscle", would be a great place to both careers well underway.

The South Beach Party Boys (Percy Watson and Darren Young) - These two have history together in FCW. Young fell flat on his face after NXT, and I don't see Watson being anything more than Smackdown's Santino when he debuts in the coming months. A reunion/debut of TSBPB's would be a much better way to get these guys over. Have them haunt the Tag Team Division for a year or two as a comedy bit to introduce us (I'm thinking The Headbangers) then give them a bit of a serious edge for some credibility (I'm thinking NAO), and see where it goes!

ECWFlairfan

Post by ECWFlairfan » Feb 20th, '11, 17:51

Bob-O wrote:Here's some team-ups I wouldn't mind seeing:

Chris Masters and Jack Swagger - Two big guys, Swagger's phenominal in the ring and Masters isn't ~horrible~. With a good loud mouthpiece (Abe Washington, I'm looking in your direction) we could have a team to light the division up!

The DiBiase Brothers - Had Brett not been injured he would have been called up by now. Ted has the exposure to carry the team (I'm thinking the Colons here) and help his brother become familiar with the audience. From what I've seen, Brett is better in the ring than Ted (who isn't shabby by any means), the two should have tons of chemistry and put on some great matches!

Trent Barretta and Tyler Reks - Trent Barretta has all the tools to be a featured character on WWE TV for years to come. Looks, charisma, in ring talent. The dude's got it, he's just having trouble getting off the starting block. A team of Barretta and Reks, with Barretta being the "flash" and Reks being the silent "muscle", would be a great place to both careers well underway.

The South Beach Party Boys (Percy Watson and Darren Young) - These two have history together in FCW. Young fell flat on his face after NXT, and I don't see Watson being anything more than Smackdown's Santino when he debuts in the coming months. A reunion/debut of TSBPB's would be a much better way to get these guys over. Have them haunt the Tag Team Division for a year or two as a comedy bit to introduce us (I'm thinking The Headbangers) then give them a bit of a serious edge for some credibility (I'm thinking NAO), and see where it goes!
I love these teams... are you listening WWE?

womenwrestlerfan
Future Endeavored

Post by womenwrestlerfan » Feb 21st, '11, 13:57

Hey, what about this:

How do ya feel about another Tag Team Reunion of Edge & Christian-Former 7x WWE World Tag Team Champions or Edge & Rey Mysterio-Former WWE Tag Team Champions from 2002?