Meltzer on WWE Demographics

All WWE/F Related Reviews and Discussions
Big Red Machine

Meltzer on WWE Demographics

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 7th, '17, 15:04

Dave noted that while old people are steady and young people and men 18-34 (or maybe 18-49) are down, women 18-49 are up... and Dave attributes this to TOTAL DIVAS. I can't possibly imagine that this is true, simply because there is nothing on Total Divas that is focused on getting anyone interested in the wrestling product WWE puts on. Wouldn't it make more sense to assume that this increase is due to the vast improvements in the portrayal of the women and rise in quality of the women's matches?
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Meltzer on WWE Demographics

Post by cero2k » Apr 7th, '17, 15:31

not necessarily, sometime back (weeks), the women's matches, particularly bayley for instance, was losing female audience. I could totally believe that Total Divas brought people in, but it was the Ambroses, the Reigns, the Ortons that kept those ladies and not the #DivasRevolution

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 7th, '17, 17:00

cero2k wrote:not necessarily, sometime back (weeks), the women's matches, particularly bayley for instance, was losing female audience. I could totally believe that Total Divas brought people in, but it was the Ambroses, the Reigns, the Ortons that kept those ladies and not the #DivasRevolution

I just don't understand how someone who isn't a wrestling fan would watch Total Divas and then decide they want to watch wrestling. The characters on Total Divas are not the same characters the women are on TV, everything about the format is different.... I just don't see how it functions as a gateway.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Apr 8th, '17, 09:07

The same reason wrestling fans may want to see total divas or breaking ground or that show with the car. You know these characters from total divas and you're interested to see them to that rasslin' stuff. They're not in it for the wrestling, but to see what those characters were talking about

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 8th, '17, 21:30

cero2k wrote:The same reason wrestling fans may want to see total divas or breaking ground or that show with the car. You know these characters from total divas and you're interested to see them to that rasslin' stuff. They're not in it for the wrestling, but to see what those characters were talking about

I just don't see it. Wrestling fans tune it to Breaking Ground or Ride Along because they hope to hear either backstage stuff or funny, out of character moments. Going from Total Divas to wrestling is the opposite of that (not that the Total Divas stuff is real, but you know what I mean. You're either going from something you think is real to something you know isn't or you're going from one fake persona to another, unrelated, fake persona).

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Apr 9th, '17, 07:52

Maybe someone would watch Total Divas because it "seems interesting" , not knowing these women are wrestlers , then one thing leads to another.

Lol though I will say I find it hard to believe that 'old people are steady".

Man, "old people', despise wrestling!

HATE! They think it's all nonsense, a bunch of crap, showing off and other things of the like. Trust me, I speak from experience lol .
When they come, they'll come at what you love.