Corbin's MITB Cash In

All WWE/F Related Reviews and Discussions
cero2k
Site Admin

Corbin's MITB Cash In

Post by cero2k » Aug 15th, '17, 21:17

It's impossible to believe that they gave him the briefcase just for the sake of fucking up the cash in, talk about a rushed decision out of nowhere, it really makes the whole MITB match/ppv/contract irrelevant, and not because he failed the cash in, but because how irrelevant it was, it was just a prop to feud a crappy feud between cena and corbin for a throwaway match at summerslam.

idk, it just pissed me off

KILLdozer

Re: Corbin's MITB Cash In

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 15th, '17, 23:13

Oh my goodness.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 16th, '17, 01:56

cero2k wrote: Aug 15th, '17, 21:17 It's impossible to believe that they gave him the briefcase just for the sake of fucking up the cash in, talk about a rushed decision out of nowhere, it really makes the whole MITB match/ppv/contract irrelevant, and not because he failed the cash in, but because how irrelevant it was, it was just a prop to feud a crappy feud between cena and corbin for a throwaway match at summerslam.

I don't hate the idea in theory, but I think it needed to be done earlier in the month and lead to Corbin going utterly nuts on Cena and obliterating him and then you build the PPV around Cena coming back for revenge while Corbin now becomes hyper-aggressive in his matches and is willing to do anything and hurt anyone to get another title shot and "achieve the destiny that John Cena stole from me."
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 16th, '17, 07:41

Big Red Machine wrote: Aug 16th, '17, 01:56
cero2k wrote: Aug 15th, '17, 21:17 It's impossible to believe that they gave him the briefcase just for the sake of fucking up the cash in, talk about a rushed decision out of nowhere, it really makes the whole MITB match/ppv/contract irrelevant, and not because he failed the cash in, but because how irrelevant it was, it was just a prop to feud a crappy feud between cena and corbin for a throwaway match at summerslam.

I don't hate the idea in theory, but I think it needed to be done earlier in the month and lead to Corbin going utterly nuts on Cena and obliterating him and then you build the PPV around Cena coming back for revenge while Corbin now becomes hyper-aggressive in his matches and is willing to do anything and hurt anyone to get another title shot and "achieve the destiny that John Cena stole from me."
well, let's hope Corbin does write off Cena at Summerslam then

XIV

Post by XIV » Aug 16th, '17, 12:19

Big Red Machine wrote: Aug 16th, '17, 01:56

I think we discussed this after Corbin won it that his cash in should be used in this way, but they've done it on a go home show, which was a bad move.
Have A Nice Day!

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 16th, '17, 12:48

This dude should have been fucking dudes up from the beginning and not ever stopping. If he's not taking them out for an extended period of time, beat down them straight, decisively and cleanly. I'd have asked him to grow some kind of goatee, just to help with the whole look and persona, because we know we keep going back to it...but someone that size does NOT need to be coming through with half fuzz and a chin strap lol.

It just takes away from the whole image.

If you have to, put him in a mask. When's the last time WWE legitimately had a masked destroyer? It's high time for another. No Undertakers or Kane anymore, so there's definitely room for something like that.

I'm not even saying "I'm a man that's dead but obviously I'm not even actually dead", or "Oh yeah man, all this HELLFIRE AND BRIMSTONE!", just a big guy in a mask that ain't fooling around.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 16th, '17, 13:40

So much bull with this... why would you hit the run in on Cena but not make sure he's gonna stay out of the way and not look for payback before you go for the cash in shot? Why the hell did the guy make sure the dude was able to fight? That doesn't matter at all because it NEVER HAS. Why wouldn't the ref also get Cena out of the way off of the apron? I believe Brm said it was like he didn't even think about it in the beginning as far a cashing it goes...why wouldn't you just cash it after laying out both dudes in the first place?

Great stuff.

Back to Lucha Underground and the first return of Mil Muertes.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Aug 17th, '17, 22:54

KILLdozer wrote: Aug 16th, '17, 12:48 If you have to, put him in a mask.
This would be the only way I could see him being a legitimate badass. Regardless of his actions, he has the face of a six year old boy.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 18th, '17, 01:06

Serujuunin wrote: Aug 17th, '17, 22:54
This would be the only way I could see him being a legitimate badass. Regardless of his actions, he has the face of a six year old boy.
A six year old boy with a receding hairline?
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 18th, '17, 08:02

Big Red Machine wrote: Aug 18th, '17, 01:06
Serujuunin wrote: Aug 17th, '17, 22:54
A six year old boy with a receding hairline?
Exactly. His whole entire facial structure and everything he has going up there doesn't really help him at all.