BRM Reviews WWF Judgment Day 2001

All WWE/F Related Reviews and Discussions
Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews WWF Judgment Day 2001

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 19th, '12, 11:05

WWF Judgment Day 2001 (5/20/2001)- Sacramento, CA

WILLIAM REGAL vs. RIKISHI- 3.75/10
Very disappointing opener.

THREE STAGES OF HELL MATCH FOR ANGLE’S OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALS: Chris Benoit(c) vs. Kurt Angle- 8/10.
This wasn’t a Three Stages Of Hell match by name, but each fall had its own stip (regular, submission, and ladder, if necessary). I didn’t like what they did with the first fall, and I wasn’t crazy about the finish of the match, but other than that, this match rocked.

WWF HARDCORE TITLE MATCH: Rhyno(c) vs. Test vs. The Big Show- 6.5/10
Good hardcore brawl

WWF WOMEN’S TITLE MATCH: Chyna(c) vs. Lita- 5/10
Good storytelling. Lita came out of this looking extremely tough.

CHAIN MATCH FOR THE WWF INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE: Triple H(c) (w/Stephanie McMahon Helmsley) vs. Kane- 7/10
Good use of the gimmick

TAG TEAM TURMOIL MATCH FOR #1 CONTENDERSHIP TO THE WWF WORLD TAG TEAM TITLES: The A.P.A. vs. Dean Malenko & Perry Saturn (w/Terri Runnels) vs. The Dudley Boyz (w/Spike Dudley) vs. Justin Credible & X-Pac (w/Albert) vs. The Hardy Boyz vs. Chris Jericho & Chris Benoit vs. Edge & Christian- 7.5/10
Very good, as far as gauntlet matches go, and aside from the first elimination, none of the teams involved looked bad by not lasting long. Amazing, nearfall at the end, too.

NO HOLDS BARRED MATCH FOR THE WWF TITLE: “Stone Cold” Steve Austin(c) vs. The Undertaker- 9.25/10.
OUTSTANDING! These guys brought the hate and bought the violence for well over twenty minutes. Just amazing stuff from two amazing workers who really know how to put a match together.

Overall, an awesome show from WWF. The opener was disappointing, but once you get past that, this show rocked.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

NWK

Re: BRM Reviews WWF Judgment Day 2001

Post by NWK » Mar 21st, '12, 08:36

This is actually one of my favorite PPVs ever. I'm glad you got around to viewing it. However, I gotta call foul on the finish of the Best 2 out of 3 falls match. The bookers (writers?) Did a good job of explaining the interference relatively soon after it happened. Edge and Christian only interfered because Angle had been bothering them about ladder match tips so he could get his gold medals back. Because E&C Interfered, they don't have to listen to Kurt complain about not having the medals, so now, they can focus on winning the Tag Team Titles.
The Andy Rooney of WR, NWK

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Mar 21st, '12, 15:57

One of my personal favorite shows as well. Has, in my opinion, the best chain match in WWE history (and my personal favorite of all time).
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 21st, '12, 23:24

yourcrapsweak wrote:One of my personal favorite shows as well. Has, in my opinion, the best chain match in WWE history (and my personal favorite of all time).
How many chain matches has WWE ever had?
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Mar 23rd, '12, 13:56

Big Red Machine wrote:
yourcrapsweak wrote:One of my personal favorite shows as well. Has, in my opinion, the best chain match in WWE history (and my personal favorite of all time).
How many chain matches has WWE ever had?
Not the point lol. I dunno. I only said in WWE history because it's very debatable with the classic chain matches NWA used to put on all the time.
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen