BRM Reviews WWE Night Of Champions 2012

All WWE/F Related Reviews and Discussions
Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews WWE Night Of Champions 2012

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 19th, '12, 15:09

WWE Night of Champions 2012 (9/16/2012)- Boston, MA

PRE-SHOW BATTLE ROYALE TO DETERMINE A #1 CONTENDER FOR THE US TITLE- 4/10
Quick but fun. Perfectly acceptable for a pre-show match.

WWE INTERCONTINELTAL TITLE MATCH: The Miz(c) vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Sin Cara vs. Rey Mysterio Jr.- 6.5/10
Good opener, but the stuff with the mask was dumb.

WWE TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: Kofi Kingston & R-Truth(c) vs. Daniel Bryan & Kane- 5/10
Told its story well, but wasn’t too exciting. I liked the idea of the finish, but I thought that the way that they did it made Kofi look a bit weak. I absolutely hated the stuff between Dragon and Kane after the match.

WWE UNITED STATES TITLE MATCH: Antonio Cesaro(c) (w/Aksana) vs. Zack Ryder- 4.5/10

RANDY ORTON vs. DOLPH ZIGGLER (w/Vickie Guerrero)- 6.75/10.
Very good match, but it would be nice if Randy could maybe actually put someone over.

KAITLYN IS INJURED SO EVE TAKES HER SPOT- PTP were fun, and this got them on the show, which was good. Kaitlyn’s acting really just killed this for me. Yes, pain is painful, but her delivery was horrendous. It really sounded like she was crying like a kid who got pushed on the playground. You’re a freakin’ wrestler! You take all of your other bumps without crying. Why the hell are you crying now?

WWE DIVAS TITLE MATCH: Layla El(c) vs. Eve Torres- 4.75/10

BOOKER T MAKES THE BROGUE KICK LEGAL- GRRRRRRR! This entire match has been built around the question of “can Sheamus beat Del Rio without the Brogue Kick?” And now they make that question irrelevant! Doing this makes the past month’s worth of this angle feel like it was just an excuse to prolong this feud for a month, rather than the next chapter in a story.

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH: Sheamus(c) vs. Alberto Del Rio (w/David Otunga & Ricardo Rodriguez)- 7.5/10

WWE TITLE MATCH: CM Punk(c) (w/Paul Heyman) vs. John Cena- 8.5/10
Awesome stuff, but I really didn’t like the finish. You knew that a non-finisher wouldn’t be a real finish to the match, so you knew the draw was coming. Yes, it builds towards a blow-off at Hell in a Cell (likely in the cell) but I really didn’t like it.

Overall, a great show from WWE. JBL was PHENOMENAL on commentary!
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

RedSon

Re: BRM Reviews WWE Night Of Champions 2012

Post by RedSon » Sep 19th, '12, 18:44

Big Red Machine wrote: WWE INTERCONTINELTAL TITLE MATCH: The Miz(c) vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Sin Cara vs. Rey Mysterio Jr.- 6.5/10
i keep saying that sin cara putting masks on cody is a really heel thing to do.
The Man That Gravity Forgot!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 19th, '12, 19:21

RedSon wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote: WWE INTERCONTINELTAL TITLE MATCH: The Miz(c) vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Sin Cara vs. Rey Mysterio Jr.- 6.5/10
i keep saying that sin cara putting masks on cody is a really heel thing to do.
Yeah. It is needlessly taunting him

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Verdun

Post by Verdun » Sep 20th, '12, 08:24

Cody's been insulting Sin Cara and Rey's culture for months trying to take off their masks.

Putting the masks on him is poetic justice.
Lady Luck is smiling...

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Sep 20th, '12, 10:25

I agree wholeheartedly about the Brogue Kick. Why take it away then give it back to him? Ricardo got hurt bad from it so it looks dangerous. They could have at least done the old fashioned, he can't win this way so he introduces a new finisher. Where was the proof that the Brogue Kick was okay to use? It was just a waste of time. It's honestly the same old stuff with Sheamus, he's become so one dimensional. He wins majority of the time, always comes out on top. WWE needs to put a chink in his armor. The Brogue Kick could have been that but they dropped the ball. Poor show...

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Sep 20th, '12, 10:41

Rabid619 wrote:I agree wholeheartedly about the Brogue Kick. Why take it away then give it back to him? Ricardo got hurt bad from it so it looks dangerous. They could have at least done the old fashioned, he can't win this way so he introduces a new finisher. Where was the proof that the Brogue Kick was okay to use? It was just a waste of time. It's honestly the same old stuff with Sheamus, he's become so one dimensional. He wins majority of the time, always comes out on top. WWE needs to put a *censored* in his armor. The Brogue Kick could have been that but they dropped the ball. Poor show...
more than sheamus, it's the feud that has become really one dimensional. i think sheamus needs not only a new challenger, but a challenger that makes us think that sheamus will have a hard time winning. that was the point of banning the brogue kick, but like you said, they gave it back

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 20th, '12, 12:01

cero2k wrote:
Rabid619 wrote:I agree wholeheartedly about the Brogue Kick. Why take it away then give it back to him? Ricardo got hurt bad from it so it looks dangerous. They could have at least done the old fashioned, he can't win this way so he introduces a new finisher. Where was the proof that the Brogue Kick was okay to use? It was just a waste of time. It's honestly the same old stuff with Sheamus, he's become so one dimensional. He wins majority of the time, always comes out on top. WWE needs to put a *censored* in his armor. The Brogue Kick could have been that but they dropped the ball. Poor show...
more than sheamus, it's the feud that has become really one dimensional. i think sheamus needs not only a new challenger, but a challenger that makes us think that sheamus will have a hard time winning. that was the point of banning the brogue kick, but like you said, they gave it back
It is definitely more the feud than Sheamus.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Sep 21st, '12, 07:09

Sheamus has been boring me for MONTHS. He's like a bleached Randy Orton who's hair is on fire. When WWE decides to push someone, they push him as invincible much like this.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 21st, '12, 07:21

Rabid619 wrote:Sheamus has been boring me for MONTHS. He's like a bleached Randy Orton who's hair is on fire. When WWE decides to push someone, they push him as invincible much like this.
Sheamus SHOULD be pushed as nigh-invincible, though. He has the size for it to work and the charisma to make it not boring (for me at least). The problem is that this feud is so completely stale.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation