Impact Wrestling 3.1 Review: Impact & Cage vs Moose & Kross

All Impact Wrestling (FKA TNA/GFW 2017) Reviews and Discussions
cero2k
Site Admin

Impact Wrestling 3.1 Review: Impact & Cage vs Moose & Kross

Post by cero2k » Mar 1st, '19, 22:40

F4WOnline recap: https://www.f4wonline.com/news/impact-w ... ose-278281

Tonight’s Twitch broadcast is hosted by Melissa Santos. Kiera Hogan and Rohit Raju are tonight’s guests, plus a special post-show interview by new Impact Wrestling signee -- Josh Alexander. During the broadcast, we got several commercials specifically promoting the Twitch channel. Twitch viewership topped around 14k.

Willie Mack vs Jake Crist (w/Dave Crist) - 5/10
Match was short as after a few minutes, Dave Crist threw Mack off the top rope for the DQ. What we got to see in that short time was actually really good.

Jake and Dave Crist then attacked Willie Mack until Tommy Dreamer came out to even out the odds and take out oVe. Dreamer cut a promo saying he has been trying to correct the wrongs in Pro Wrestling, he cut that usual promo asking the fans if they want to see Mack and Dreamer tag team, so instead we got…

Willie Mack & Tommy Dreamer vs oVe - 4.5/10
This was ok, nothing special, felt somewhat long if you take in both matches as one. It's one of those rare occasions where the set up quick match was better than the actual tag match.

Johnny Impact Interview - Johnny was interviewed in the back by Rolando Melendez, investigative reporter, who inappropriately said that Johnny is giving out title shots for ‘favors’. Johnny said that he gives title shots to who he thinks deserves one. He blamed Moose and Kross for Cage not getting his singles title shot. I like this Melendez guy, he’s bold and straight forward.

KM & Fallah Bahh vs Reno Scum - 5/10
Thornstowe looked a lot different from their first Impact run. This went a lot different from what I expected, I figured Reno Scum was going to squash them to cement their comeback, but it was the other way around. I wouldn't say KM and Bahh squashed them, but they definitely controlled most of the match, short as it was. Thornstowe took a Rocket Launcher into a Samoan Drop combo and get pinned by Fallah Bahh.

Post-match - Reno Scum attacked KM and Bahh from behind, they hit a top rope Footstomp and Curb Stomp combo on KM. They posed over KM’s body. I'm really glad they're heels this time around.

Backstage, Glenn Gilbertti asked Ethan Page about the Impact Management offices were. Page blew him off, but pointed to the door. D’Lo Brown opened the door and revealed he’s a new producer. Gilbertti went to the office and was told that he is a week late. Gilbertti wanted to bring up an idea for a G1 Climax style tournament for the X-Division, but management also blew him off making fun of some old Russo bookings. Gilbertti walked out to search for Don Callis. I wouldn’t mind a round robin tournament for the X-Division while Swann deals with Callihan.

KM and Bahh Promo - They said that for two years, they’ve been crawling to make it in Impact, and now Reno Scum comes back from being gone for so long and tried to make a name out of them. Awesome fired up promo by KM and Bahh, who are technically, comedy acts.

GWN Flashback Moment of the Week was Rosemary vs Jade’s Monster’s Ball match from January 2017.

Eli Drake and Eddie Edwards met backstage - Drake said that they are one and one, but he brings up that he was right about Eddie not needed his kendo stick to win. Eli Drake proposed becoming a tag team and chase the tag team championship, but Eddie rejected the idea.

Scarlett Bordeaux Promo - She was shown in her locker room, she called us all 5s and said that next week, she announces her opponent for her debut. They’re really milking this debut.

Tessa Blanchard vs Delilah Doom - Squash
Doom showed heart, but lacked experience and power. Tessa hit the Hammerlock DDT for the pin. Pretty much a squash match. Delilah Doom is still somewhat green, but she has good fire and potential. Tessa talked to the camera telling management that she’ll get her rematch ‘or else’.

Melissa Santos interviewed Brian Cage - She asked about coexisting with Johnny Impact tonight. Cage said he and Johnny can coexist, because tonight it’s about taking out Kross and Moose and that no matter what happens tonight, his title shot is already on paper.

Rosemary Promo - She talked about going in along against James Mitchell’s army, but Kiera Hogan and Jordynne Grace came up to her, offering to help. Rosemary told them this was not their fight. I take it Rosemary hasn’t been watching Impact the last months with Kiera and Grace taking on Allie and Yung week to week. Rosemary accepted the help, but she warned them that once Allie is back, they need to back off.

Zachary Wentz vs Ethan Page - 5/10
Ok match, nothing special here other than The Rascalz picking up another win. Wentz hit a What-a-Cutter and the pin for the win. I think Page should end up with Alexander again, because he's kinda lost right now that Sydal is gone.

Backstage, Gilbertti met with Dreamer. Disco walked into a room with THE Anthem Owl, who I guess ended up attacking Gilbertti. I don’t know what this was supposed to be.

We got another vignette for Ace Austin, debuting next week.

We got a video package recapping the story between Sami Callihan and Rich Swann. Callihan explained that Swann had no family and he took him in and gave him everything, and now, Rich Swann is turning his back on him and the oVe family. Callihan said he only asked for a little bit of loyalty. He said that he attacked Swann in Mexico, not because he hates him, but because he loves him and wants him to wake up and come to their family.

Kross and Moose Interview - Kross tried to talk some sense to Moose, bringing up that Johnny is getting in their heads and in between them. He said that tonight, they’re not going out there to lose. Moose then cut a great promo about Johnny cheating everyone out of title shots.

LAX were in their club’s corner. Santana is explaining why they unmasked Pentagon and Fenix last week. Him and Ortiz explained Konnan why they did it. Konnan said that it’s because of this behaviour that they’re in that situation. Konna said he was going out there to ask for another match, but they have to stay low and do it his way.

Moose & Killer Kross vs Johnny Impact & “The Machine” Brian Cage - 7/10
Moose came out wearing what can be described as a sleeveless Ric Flair robe with spray painted dollar signs. He’s the only man that could pull this off.

The story of the match was great. It played off their previous tag match where Johnny and Cage couldn't work together at all, which led to their loss, but even with good team work, Cage once again ended getting the short end of the stick when Johnny was taken out and he had to fight off both Kross and Moose.

At one point, Johnny hit a Countdown to Impact, but in landing, Johnny seems to have hurt his neck. Johnny drags himself to tag in Cage, who come sin and wrestles Kross while Johnny is still laying in the ring. He was injured, leaving Cage to fight off both Kross and Moose, who busted him open and tortured him until the end when Kross locked in the Straightjacket Hold for the submission win when Cage faded out.

Johnny was carried to the back by the refs and Taya, while Kross and Moose posed over Cage’s bloody body in the ring, as the show went off the air.

Overall a good show, it went by fast. The wrestling was nothing special, but we got several storyline developments. Next week, The Dark War between Rosemary’s army against James Mitchell’s army takes place.