Ambrose, Joe, Lashley added to list of WWE Royal Rumble entrants

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

Ambrose, Joe, Lashley added to list of WWE Royal Rumble entrants

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 7th, '19, 10:51

Source: www.F4WOnline.com

By Joseph Currier | @josephcurrier | Jan 7, 2019 9:16 am

Heading into this week's television, WWE has confirmed 11 entrants for the men's Royal Rumble match and announced 10 entrants for the women's Royal Rumble.

Intercontinental Champion Dean Ambrose, Samoa Joe, and Bobby Lashley were added to the list of entrants for the men's Royal Rumble on Sunday night. They were announced via videos that WWE uploaded from Sunday's house shows.

Seth Rollins, Finn Balor, Jeff Hardy, Mandy Rose, and Sonya Deville were also confirmed as Royal Rumble entrants this weekend.

Royal Rumble 2019 is taking place at Chase Field in Phoenix, Arizona on January 27. Here's the updated list of entrants for both Rumble matches:
Men's Royal Rumble --

R-Truth (will enter at number 30 as a stipulation of winning Mixed Match Challenge)
Drew McIntyre
Big E
Kofi Kingston
Xavier Woods
Finn Balor
Seth Rollins
Jeff Hardy
Dean Ambrose
Samoa Joe
Bobby Lashley

Women's Royal Rumble --

Carmella (will enter at number 30 as a stipulation of winning Mixed Match Challenge)
Sasha Banks
Bayley
Ember Moon
Natalya
Ruby Riott
Liv Morgan
Sarah Logan
Mandy Rose
Sonya Deville
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Re: Ambrose, Joe, Lashley added to list of WWE Royal Rumble entrants

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 7th, '19, 10:52

At this point I would like to point out that the only people who have specifically done anything to earn these spots are the comedy duo of R-Truth & Carmella.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 7th, '19, 12:09

it's the rumble, no one ever earns a spot, they just randomly say i'm gonna be there and that's that.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 7th, '19, 12:57

cero2k wrote: Jan 7th, '19, 12:09 it's the rumble, no one ever earns a spot, they just randomly say i'm gonna be there and that's that.
They should have to earn spots, or else why doesn't everyone just immediately declare themselves as being in the Royal Rumble? Also, it would make the TV a lot better to have the matches on the show actually mean something instead of everyone saying "I have entered myself into the Royal Rumble," then arguing over who will win the Royal Rumble, then having a pointless wrestling match due to their argument, rinse and repeat in every f*cking segment for four straight weeks of Raw and SD.

And you'd think that with the McMahons now constantly telling people that they have to earn things, they'd make it a point to actually make people earn said things now, no?

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 7th, '19, 13:03

Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 7th, '19, 12:57
cero2k wrote: Jan 7th, '19, 12:09 it's the rumble, no one ever earns a spot, they just randomly say i'm gonna be there and that's that.
They should have to earn spots, or else why doesn't everyone just immediately declare themselves as being in the Royal Rumble? Also, it would make the TV a lot better to have the matches on the show actually mean something instead of everyone saying "I have entered myself into the Royal Rumble," then arguing over who will win the Royal Rumble, then having a pointless wrestling match due to their argument, rinse and repeat in every f*cking segment for four straight weeks of Raw and SD.

And you'd think that with the McMahons now constantly telling people that they have to earn things, they'd make it a point to actually make people earn said things now, no?
should they? yes, but it hasn't been a thing for as far as i can remember, it's usually a few spots for jobbers or top guys trying to get 'better' spots.