Tenille Dashwood's ROH Contract Expiring Soon

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

Tenille Dashwood's ROH Contract Expiring Soon

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 14th, '19, 00:38

Source: Pro Wrestling Sheet

Posted By: Ryan Satin March 12, 2019

Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned Tenille Dashwood could soon become a free agent as her Ring of Honor contract expires at the end of the month.

Sources close to the situation tell us Tenille is currently in negotiations with Ring of Honor to potentially ink a new contract, but as of this week nothing has been signed. That means her upcoming appearances in Las Vegas could be her last with the company.

Dashwood signed on to join the Women of Honor in February 2018.

We’re told Tenille — formerly known as Emma in WWE — started in-ring training recently to prepare for her return after undergoing shoulder surgery months back. If she re-signs with ROH, we’re told Dashwood’s in-ring return could take place at G1 Supercard.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

XIV

Re: Tenille Dashwood's ROH Contract Expiring Soon

Post by XIV » Mar 14th, '19, 01:30

Her staying with ROH makes sense. There’s no reason for her to move on. Maybe AEW, but if I was her I’d get 12/24 month contract with ROH and see what happens from there.
Have A Nice Day!

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 14th, '19, 07:52

XIV wrote: Mar 14th, '19, 01:30 Her staying with ROH makes sense. There’s no reason for her to move on. Maybe AEW, but if I was her I’d get 12/24 month contract with ROH and see what happens from there.
She should pull a Revival and give ROH an ultimatum, you either get your WOH division right, or let me go

XIV

Post by XIV » Mar 14th, '19, 13:48

cero2k wrote: Mar 14th, '19, 07:52
XIV wrote: Mar 14th, '19, 01:30 Her staying with ROH makes sense. There’s no reason for her to move on. Maybe AEW, but if I was her I’d get 12/24 month contract with ROH and see what happens from there.
She should pull a Revival and give ROH an ultimatum, you either get your WOH division right, or let me go
Could work, could backfire.
Have A Nice Day!

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 14th, '19, 14:10

XIV wrote: Mar 14th, '19, 13:48

maybe not as strong as an 'ultimatum', but bring it up. I would think that someone like Tenille would get quickly picked up by AEW or Impact anyway, so it's not like she'd be beating her future on it.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 14th, '19, 14:36

cero2k wrote: Mar 14th, '19, 14:10

maybe not as strong as an 'ultimatum', but bring it up. I would think that someone like Tenille would get quickly picked up by AEW or Impact anyway, so it's not like she'd be beating her future on it.
I'm with Cero on this one. At the absolute worst she'd get a deal with MLW or LU, but AEW is in desperate need of a stand-out female talent and TNA has people she probably hasn't worked against in years (if ever) so there are a bunch of fresh match-ups there, plus the Lance Storm connection should be able to get her a deal.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

XIV

Post by XIV » Mar 14th, '19, 15:04

Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 14th, '19, 14:36

I'm with Cero on this one. At the absolute worst she'd get a deal with MLW or LU, but AEW is in desperate need of a stand-out female talent and TNA has people she probably hasn't worked against in years (if ever) so there are a bunch of fresh match-ups there, plus the Lance Storm connection should be able to get her a deal.
I get that, she’s never going to struggle as she is an attraction for many companies.

I just don’t think a move suits her that well yet. We don’t know enough about AEW to say how they’ll showcase women.

So I think she should find some way of getting a 12 month deal with ROH and see how the land lies when she knows a bit more about how Women’s wrestling is being portrayed in other areas.

She could even cloak it as “I’m giving you 12 months to use me (and the division) correctly”.

Things would pick up, or she could angle for a move elsewhere.
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 14th, '19, 15:43

XIV wrote: Mar 14th, '19, 15:04
Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 14th, '19, 14:36

I get that, she’s never going to struggle as she is an attraction for many companies.

I just don’t think a move suits her that well yet. We don’t know enough about AEW to say how they’ll showcase women.

So I think she should find some way of getting a 12 month deal with ROH and see how the land lies when she knows a bit more about how Women’s wrestling is being portrayed in other areas.

She could even cloak it as “I’m giving you 12 months to use me (and the division) correctly”.

Things would pick up, or she could angle for a move elsewhere.
I think that with a group like AEW, being seen as one of their early acquisitions is going to be important. Also, I think sticking around ROH's dead-end women's division will hurt her. Basically, if Delirious doens't use the division well then her value will be a lot less when her contract comes up again (especially if Kelly Klein already jumps, which I'd guess she will, considering that her husband works for AEW, and she is definitely a talent they can build around and also claim to be the first promotion to really feature her, because ROH has completely failed to do that).

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation