All Time Top 10 Greatest Tag Teams

Tell it to the world!!
ECWFlairfan

All Time Top 10 Greatest Tag Teams

Post by ECWFlairfan » Feb 8th, '11, 10:31

LOTS of GREAT discussion in my blog of Top 50 Greatest Tag Teams... lets up it a notch... TOP TEN! Here's my pics (in order):

1. Road Warriors/Legion of Doom (WWF, NWA, AWA, IWGP)
2. Dudley Boys/Team 3D (WWF, WWE World, WCW, ECW, NWA, TNA, IWGP)
3. Rick & Scott Steiner (WWF, WCW, IWGP)
4. Steve Williams & Terry Gordy (NWA, WCW, IWGP)
5. Tully Blanchard & Arn Anderson (WWF, NWA)
6. Eliminators (ECW, USWA)
7. Public Enemy (ECW, WCW)
8. Harlem Heat/Ebony Experience (WCW, GWF)
9. Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton& Stan Lane) (NWA)
10. Nasty Boys (WWF, WCW)
Last edited by ECWFlairfan on Feb 8th, '11, 11:00, edited 1 time in total.

Rabid619

Re: All Time Top 10 Greatest Tag Teams

Post by Rabid619 » Feb 8th, '11, 10:37

#10 shouldnt even be on a top 25 list. Nasty Boys are terrible, they always have been. They stiff & botch. Watch Starrcade 1993.....

ECWFlairfan

Post by ECWFlairfan » Feb 8th, '11, 10:40

Rabid619 wrote:#10 shouldnt even be on a top 25 list. Nasty Boys are terrible, they always have been. They stiff & botch. Watch Starrcade 1993.....
Then who replaces them? I remember their dominance in at least 4 organizations/areas though...

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Feb 8th, '11, 10:54

ECWFlairfan wrote:Then who replaces them? I remember their dominance in at least 4 organizations/areas though...
Hardy Boys, Edge & Christian come to mind. Briscoe Brothers, Kings Of Wrestling, American Wolves. Those teams are better than the Nasty Boys ever were.

ECWFlairfan

Post by ECWFlairfan » Feb 8th, '11, 10:58

Rabid619 wrote:
ECWFlairfan wrote:Then who replaces them? I remember their dominance in at least 4 organizations/areas though...
Hardy Boys, Edge & Christian come to mind. Briscoe Brothers, Kings Of Wrestling, American Wolves. Those teams are better than the Nasty Boys ever were.
Hmmm... but they never proved themselves in more than 1 major organization, though Kings of Wrestling present an awesome argument of having held 3 indie tag team titles simultaneously...

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Feb 8th, '11, 11:10

ECWFlairfan wrote:Hmmm... but they never proved themselves in more than 1 major organization, though Kings of Wrestling present an awesome argument of having held 3 indie tag team titles simultaneously...
We're talking talent here. Nasty Boys dont have as much talent as any of those teams. Just because you wrestle only in Indie promotions doesnt mean you arent talented. Just because you've wrestled in a few major promotions doesnt mean you're that good either.

ECWFlairfan

Post by ECWFlairfan » Feb 8th, '11, 11:21

Rabid619 wrote:
ECWFlairfan wrote:Hmmm... but they never proved themselves in more than 1 major organization, though Kings of Wrestling present an awesome argument of having held 3 indie tag team titles simultaneously...
We're talking talent here. Nasty Boys dont have as much talent as any of those teams. Just because you wrestle only in Indie promotions doesnt mean you arent talented. Just because you've wrestled in a few major promotions doesnt mean you're that good either.
Not disagreeing, but to a degree I am... The best of the best have proved it in more than one organization wrestling a widening variation of teams... look at the original blog... anyone disagree that the top 5 belong on this list? Even if you disagree with their placement?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 8th, '11, 11:35

I hate doing lists like these because you can't help but snub extremely deserving teams, and picking a single "all-time greatest" is pretty much impossible. Anyway...

I am basing this off of a combination of success, workrate, and Impact on the business:

1. Team 3-D
2. Freebirds
3. Hardy Boyz
4. Road Warriors
5. Rock & Roll Express
6. Steiner Brothers
7. Kings of Wrestling
8. MCMG
9. Briscoe Brothers
10. American Wolves

Unfortunate subs:
E&C
Harlem Heat
Backseat Boyz
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Feb 8th, '11, 11:37

Rabid619 wrote:
Hardy Boys, Edge & Christian come to mind.
This.

ECWFlairfan

Post by ECWFlairfan » Feb 8th, '11, 11:47

Big Red Machine wrote:I hate doing lists like these because you can't help but snub extremely deserving teams, and picking a single "all-time greatest" is pretty much impossible. Anyway...

I am basing this off of a combination of success, workrate, and Impact on the business:

1. Team 3-D
2. Freebirds
3. Hardy Boyz
4. Road Warriors
5. Rock & Roll Express
6. Steiner Brothers
7. Kings of Wrestling
8. MCMG
9. Briscoe Brothers
10. American Wolves

Unfortunate subs:
E&C
Harlem Heat
Backseat Boyz
Another team that deserves an argument is Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin... How can you leave out Blanchard/Anderson, Midnight Express, Williams/Gordy, Eliminators? 4 teams that could wrestle rings around any team in Ring of Honor...

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Feb 8th, '11, 11:50

Here's mine:

1. Steiner Bros
2. Team 3D
3. Road Warriors
4. Midnight Express
5. Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard
6. Harlem Heat
7. Jay & Mark Briscoe
8. Kings of Wrestling
9. Dean Malenko & Chris Beniot
10. the Hardy Boys

I think that excellence in a single promotion is just as good as having a run or two with the belts in more than one org; hence the reason the Nasty's and PE (besides being terrible in the ring) don't make my list and the Briscoes and Hardys do...

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Feb 8th, '11, 11:53

ECWFlairfan wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:I hate doing lists like these because you can't help but snub extremely deserving teams, and picking a single "all-time greatest" is pretty much impossible. Anyway...

1. Team 3-D
2. Freebirds
3. Hardy Boyz
4. Road Warriors
5. Rock & Roll Express
6. Steiner Brothers
7. Kings of Wrestling
8. MCMG
9. Briscoe Brothers
10. American Wolves

Unfortunate subs:
E&C
Harlem Heat
Backseat Boyz
Another team that deserves an argument is Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin... How can you leave out Blanchard/Anderson, Midnight Express, Williams/Gordy, Eliminators? 4 teams that could wrestle rings around any team in Ring of Honor...
Not ANY team in ROH (not the Briscoes, KoW, American Wolves, Aries & Strong, Sydal & Daniels, or WGTT) but I kinda see what you're saying, though the Eliminators weren't very good at all. I always considered RVD & Sabu MUCH better than the Eliminators (mainly bc they do WAAAY too many tandem moves; which is also the reason I don't think too highly of the Rockers and the Rock N Roll express...

ECWFlairfan

Post by ECWFlairfan » Feb 8th, '11, 12:03

Anyone remember the move that introduced ECW to the WWE Universe? Oh yeah, Total Elimination! The Eliminators finisher... And in my opinion the greatest tag team finisher of all time...

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Feb 8th, '11, 13:31

ECWFlairfan wrote:Anyone remember the move that introduced ECW to the WWE Universe? Oh yeah, Total Elimination! The Eliminators finisher... And in my opinion the greatest tag team finisher of all time...
It was pretty cool, but not only was that pretty much their only strong point, there are lots of tag team moves that are more awesome:

Partly Cloudy with a chance of Cheech
Nova & Chettis Tidal Wave
the KRS-One
Warriors Way/Gringo Killah Combo
the Irish Air Raid
Doomsday Device
3D
the Briscoes' Shooting Star/Guillotine Leg Drop
More Bang for Your Buck

I've always really NOT liked the Eliminators; REALLY disliked them....

SONICdopeFRESH

Post by SONICdopeFRESH » Feb 10th, '11, 22:50

Well, it's hard to say LOD isn't #1. Even coming from guys like Bret who said they're #1, they're always going to be the best tag team ever. So here it goes...

1). LOD... OHHHH WHAT A RUSSSSSHHHHHHH
2). The Steiner Brothers
3). The Fabulous Freebirds (call em a trio if you want but, they were a tag team)
4). Harlem Heat
5). The Dudley boyz
6). Midnight Express (the FIRST version)
7). The Hardy Boyz
8). Blanchard & The Enforcer Arn Anderson
9). Ivan & Nikita Koloff (loved their work & heat they drew)
10). Gotta go with those men who had smelly pits... The Nasty Boyz (simply put... They knew what a brawl was all about. F a botch. They were rough. You wanna see a good hardcore match??? A hardcore match where it wasn't OVER THE TOP like today's stuff??? Watch Slamboree 94).
Booker T: "HIP BONE CONNECTED TO THE LEG BONE!!!" ...... Cole: "WHAAAAT?"

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 11th, '11, 01:27

badnewzxl wrote:
Not ANY team in ROH (not the Briscoes, KoW, American Wolves, Aries & Strong, Sydal & Daniels, or WGTT) but I kinda see what you're saying, though the Eliminators weren't very good at all. I always considered RVD & Sabu MUCH better than the Eliminators (mainly bc they do WAAAY too many tandem moves; which is also the reason I don't think too highly of the Rockers and the Rock N Roll express...
I liked the Eliminators a lot precisely because they did so many tag team moves. It is a tag team. I don't see how you cna fault them for doing tag team moves.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Feb 11th, '11, 08:43

I do not see The Eliminators as one in my top ten. I don't think they were THAT great.
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Feb 11th, '11, 12:20

Big Red Machine wrote:
badnewzxl wrote:
I liked the Eliminators a lot precisely because they did so many tag team moves. It is a tag team. I don't see how you cna fault them for doing tag team moves.
tag team moves are one thing, but completely synchronizing almost every move they do is just annoying to me. I like tag moves; just not too many tandem moves. I'd rather see Ricky Morton hit a dropkick on Buddy Rose, then Robert Gibson hit a dropkick on Buddy Rose, than the both of them hit dropkicks simultaneously; I just don't think it's cool. The only parts of the tag match at Barely Legal that I like were when the Dudley's were in control.

the Eliminators bore me with their constant tandem offense.

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Feb 11th, '11, 20:13

badnewzxl wrote:the Eliminators bore me with their constant tandem offense.
This, to an extent. It gets old when they end up doing every move together.
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Feb 11th, '11, 21:07

yourcrapsweak wrote:
badnewzxl wrote:the Eliminators bore me with their constant tandem offense.
This, to an extent. It gets old when they end up doing every move together.
exactly the way I shoulda said it; thanks YCW. YOU SAID IT PERFECT, BROTHAH!