Short 4/30/19 SD Recap.

KILLdozer

Short 4/30/19 SD Recap.

Post by KILLdozer » May 1st, '19, 12:58

Ok, so BRM as we know...turned it off immediately.

I can't say I really blame him. This was a rare, pretty bad episode of SD.

Not much was done or accomplished at all. Mostly squashes and pointless matches that were ridiculously short. More repetitive ongoing crap.

I'm just going to go through and run things down.

As BRM mentioned....the opening segment was literally the same thing that's been happening for a month now.

Slogans, catchphrases and the like. Nothing new to note except that Kingston is SO FURIOUS with the man that turned on him in JUST ONE WEEK. It's not even a betrayal after a month.

Woods runs up on Owens and gets laid out because he's slightly injured from last week. End of segment.

Bailey loses to Becky Lynch,...and I know it's against the grain...but I actually thought they'd do something different with her and choose to actually use her differently and give her the legitimate good win here.

No. She hits the slam and Becky counters the elbow. Bailey instantly taps without fighting and can't even make it to the rope...less than a foot away.

Now that we're obviously doing things predictably...Charlotte attacks both after the match.

Maybe Bailey ends up in the Title match. That's probably one of the only pivotal things here on the entire show.

ONE thing that got my attention is the Hardys giving up the belts because Jeff is hurt from SULLIVAN.

Of course he appeared and they again, really didn't do anything different with him either.

He no sold a chair to the back from R-Truth and then punched the chair. He did his two big moves again and couldn't even get Truth all the way on his shoulders for the sit out bomb. Come on man.

Though I'm curious who the new and next champs will be...because I have no idea who they even have anymore at this point lol.

Aleister Black said more dark cryptic stuff.

Balor, Ali, Andrade, and Orton were added to MITB.

This then leads to a completely pointless match where-

Orton and Andrade V Ali and Balor.

Orton gets knocked down and is literally no part of the match once again ever. Probably5 minutes or less. I got up to get another cup of coffee and it was over before I sat down. I almost though they'd end it off the stomp from Balor immediately, but no...

This time Ali pins Andrade with no trouble at all because the faces always go over and make guys happy.

This match was pointless. Really a big reason why this show was so bad.

Kairi Sane and Asuka had a long squash with two unknowns...and Iconics were on commentary...and idk what they were trying. They went 90 miles a second the whole time and never stopped talking lol. It was very strange and bizzare. Maybe they're trying to switch it up from their usual annoying obnoxious style. You'd have to see it to get what I mean.

Reigns beat the B-Team with Elias as "special guest ref enforcer"... So not actually the ref, because we had another one in the ring. To quote a Brm classic- "stuff happened". It was completely predictable and Reigns still won no matter what. This was all Shane's idea btw.

Carmella and Ember Moon were revealed by that blonde woman to be the next two entrants. Oh-Bailey is also in which I just remembered. So no triple threat I guess?

The blonde was very nervous or something and was definitely reading off cards. Carmella appears to be suddenly heel or tweener again?

Mandy tells Sonya that Shane said only one of them will be the final participant of Mitb...Mandy seems to want Sonya to go ahead...and Sonya says she gets it -"She wants her to turn around and say MANDY should actually be the one"...

...And Sonya actually says she deserves it more anyway and bows out and says go ahead. This was interesting but idk who turns.

The Kevin Owens Show with Woods...

Woods doesn't show up and Owens says all kinds of anti-New Day stuff then mocks Woods and E with action figures. The E figure has a wrapped up leg lol.

Nothing really happens except Kingston runs down and they exchange upper hands until Owens is forced to leave though the crowd, with Kingston shouting.

So again the face stands tall.

This show felt pretty short and very bad and uneventful.

I'd say it was a house show on television but the matches were way too short.

Not much reason to watch.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Short 4/30/19 SD Recap.

Post by cero2k » May 1st, '19, 13:48

KILLdozer wrote: May 1st, '19, 12:58

Reigns beat the B-Team with Elias as "special guest ref enforcer"...
are the BTeam now with Elias?

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » May 1st, '19, 13:57

cero2k wrote: May 1st, '19, 13:48
KILLdozer wrote: May 1st, '19, 12:58

Reigns beat the B-Team with Elias as "special guest ref enforcer"...
are the BTeam now with Elias?
Possibly...but they appear to be more Shane's lackies going forward. Elias just happened to be included in the match as well.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » May 1st, '19, 15:05

So there's a chance we'll see the Shane with The B-Team on his side against Miz lol.