BRM is Skipping This Week's SD. Here are Results from WON

Big Red Machine

BRM is Skipping This Week's SD. Here are Results from WON

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 11th, '19, 23:00

https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-results/w ... ayn-285786
By Dave Bath | @bath_dave | Jun 11, 2019 4:36 pm

The build to Stomping Grounds continues as SmackDown takes place from the Golden 1 Center in Sacramento, California tonight.

WWE Champion Kofi Kingston defeated Dolph Ziggler at Super ShowDown, and they'll meet in a rematch at Stomping Grounds in a steel cage on June 23. Before that takes place, The New Day takes on Ziggler, Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn in a six-man tag team match tonight. Big E returns from his knee injury and competes for the first time since April.

Last night on Raw, Shane McMahon celebrated defeating Roman Reigns in Saudi Arabia. Reigns is scheduled to appear tonight to address McMahon and his loss.

Alexa Bliss and Lacey Evans defeated Raw Woman’s Champion Becky Lynch and SmackDown Woman’s Champion Bayley in a tag team match on Raw. Bayley hopes to bounce back after being pinned by Evans last night.

Plus, 24/7 Champion R-Truth appears on the show as well.

Our live coverage begins at 8 p.m. Eastern time.

SmackDown started with The Miz forced to host an edition of Miz TV.. Miz said he’s being forced to follow the script tonight. He read off a card and noted he was forced to read these words.

Miz then introduced Drew McIntyre and purposely screwed up Shane McMahon’s intro. First, he called him the “Breast in the World” and then the “Pest In the World.”

McMahon, McIntyre, and Elias made their way to the ring. They aired a recap of McMahon defeating Roman Reigns at Super ShowDown. McMahon forced ring announcer Greg Hamilton to give him a proper intro.

McMahon pointed out that all great talk shows have a musical guest. Elias then played the guitar. At first, the crowd cheered, but then they chanted, “You Suck.” McMahon reminded the fans that he beat Reigns in the middle of the ring.

Miz noted that all of McMahon’s accomplishments are tainted. He pointed out all the times McMahon got destroyed. They aired Reigns interview from Super Showdown. Reigns said McMahon didn't earn anything and McIntyre gave McMahon the win. He promised to defeat McIntyre.

McIntyre cut a good promo and promised to defeat Reigns at Stomping Grounds. Miz admitted McIntyre could match Reigns, but it’s too bad he’s McMahon’s lackey. Miz pointed out that McMahon used him to win the tag team belts. He said it’s a matter of time before he turns on McIntyre.

Miz said there’s nothing special about McMahon. McMahon insulted Miz's family. Miz and McIntyre went face-to-face.

McMahon offered to face Miz in a rematch tonight. First, Miz has to defeat Elias and then has to defeat McIntyre. If he’s successful Miz takes on McMahon.

The Miz defeated Elias (w/Shane McMahon)

Elias was firmly in control and had the early advantage. Miz made a brief comeback, but Elias rocked Miz with a knee for a near fall. Elias attempted Drift Away, but Miz fought out. Elias hit a powerbomb for a close two count. He missed an elbow off the top and Miz hit the Skull Crushing Finale for the win.

Drew McIntyre (w/Shane McMahon) defeated The Miz

Back from break, McIntyre was firmly in control, but Miz fought back. McIntyre rolled to the floor and Miz hit a sliding dropkick. Miz hit a DDT for a near fall. He set up for the Skull Crushing Finale, but McMahon distracted Miz. McIntyre rocked Miz with the Glasgow Kiss and hit the Claymore Kick for the win.

After the match, Miz was still down, and McMahon got on the mic. He decided to give Miz his rematch despite not beating McIntyre.

Shane McMahon defeated The Miz

McMahon beat down Miz, but he fought back. Miz went for the Skull Crushing Finale, but McMahon went to the ropes. McMahon then applied the triangle on Miz for the win.

In the back, Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville spoke with Ember Moon. Moon said she saw what they did to Carmella last week. Deville promised to do that to Moon, but Rose calmed her down. Rose told her to focus on her match with Carmella later. Rose and Deville left. Moon snapped and threw a trashcan.

The commentators congratulated John Cena for landing a role in Fast and the Furious 9.

SmackDown tag team champions Daniel Bryan & Rowan came down to the ring. Bryan announced that the planet’s tag team champions take on the YOLO County tag team champions AJ Kirsh and Dave Dutra in a unification match. The Yolo belts are made of cardboard. The fans chanted “Yolo.”

Heavy Machinery made their way to the ring and promised to win the tag team titles. Bryan said they hadn’t earned anything. He challenged them to take on the Yolo Country Tag Team champions.

Heavy Machinery defeated YOLO Country Tag Team Champions AJ Kirsh & Dave Dutra

Heavy Machinery dominated the match. Otis hit the Caterpillar. Tucker tossed one of the guys in the air, and Otis caught him. They hit the Compacter for the win.

After the match, Rowan wanted to jump in the ring, but Bryan convinced him not to.

24/7 Champion R-Truth and Carmella walked backstage. Truth talked about all of his title defenses and how it’s draining him. He complained about being the “7/11” champion.

They heard a sound, so Truth jumped into a blue box. Carmella locked the lid but couldn’t open it. A backstage worker told Carmella her match is next. She told Truth to wait there, and she’ll be right back. Truth screamed to let him out.

Jinder Mahal approached and pretended to be Carmella. He ran off to find a crowbar.

Sonya Deville (w/Mandy Rose) defeated Carmella

Deville had the early advantage. She slowed the pace down and locked on a chin lock. Deville hit a running knee on Carmella for a near fall. Deville rolled up Carmella, but she reversed into a submission. Rose put Deville's leg on the bottom rope to break up the hold. Carmella chased Rose, but Deville rolled her up for two count.

Carmella sent Deville to the floor and hit suicide dive. Carmella tried to re-enter the ring, but Rose stopped her. Carmella took out Rose with a superkick on the floor. As Carmella entered the ring, Deville rocked Carmella with a knee for the win.

Nikki Cross approached Alexa Bliss in the back. Bliss told Cross that there was a lot of hurtful things said about her on social media. Bayley even liked one of the tweets. Bliss got Cross a match with Bayley. She said to see all the bullies that hurt her on social media when she faces Bayley.

The New Day made their way down to the ring. WWE Champion Kofi Kingston pointed out this is the actual return of Big E. Xavier Woods talked about their upcoming match against Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, and Dolph Ziggler. They pointed out that Kingston defeated all three in singles matches.

Kingston promised to defeat Ziggler in the steel cage at Stomping Grounds. He said Ziggler has nowhere to run. Kingston vowed to retain the title.

Ziggler interrupted and said there’s only one reason Kingston is still champion. He showed footage from Super Showdown of Woods helping Kingston retain the title. Ziggler promised to defeat Kingston and win the title. Kingston pointed out that Ziggler didn’t show when he kicked Woods.

Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn made their way out. Zayn said if it were the other way around the fans would be enraged. He called the fans hypocrites. Big E said they enjoyed watching Seth Rollins beat him with a chair. Ziggler called Kingston the biggest hypocrite. Big E said Kingston’s title run is about proving that he’s the best at what he does.

Kingston promised to kick ass and take names, and he's starting with Ziggler. Kingston promised to leave Stomping Grounds the WWE Champion.

Kayla Braxton interviewed Bayley backstage. She asked Bayley about Alexa Bliss’ allegations of liking offensive tweets about Nikki Cross. Bayley said to consider the source.

Aleister Black spoke backstage. He said there are so much conflict but no resolutions. He offers both. It’s so simple. You pick a fight with him, and he fights you. He said they wouldn’t fight over trivial things like the love of a man or woman. He asked someone to open the door. He screamed that the door is wide open and to pick up a fight with him.

SmackDown Woman’s Champion Bayley defeated Nikki Cross (w/Alexa Bliss)

Bayley sent Cross to the floor and hit a sliding dropkick under the turnbuckle. Bayley attempted the dropkick a second time, but Cross trapped her in the ring curtain and took over.

Back from break, Bayley made a comeback and hit a rolling splash for a near fall. Bliss jumped on the apron and distracted Bayley. Cross used an inside cradle for a two count. Bayley fought back and hit the elbow off the top for the win.

Backstage, Jinder Mahal had crowbar and referee. He couldn’t find the box with Truth. Someone told him the boxes are loading on the truck. Mahal found some more boxes, but they’re going to L.A. Mahal ran to L.A. to find Truth.

Truth is still in one of the boxes. Carmella searched for him in the back but couldn’t find him.

Bray hosted another edition of The Firefly Fun House. Wyatt gave Ramblin Rabbit the floor to speak. Rabbit said it was time to reveal the truth about what’s going on in the fun house. Wyatt attacked Ramblin Rabbit with a mallet.

Kayla Braxton interviewed Apollo Crews. Last week, Andrade attacked Crews before their match. Crews wants to gain some revenge. Zelina Vega interrupted and warned Crews not to anger Andrade. She left, and Chad Gable showed up taking notes.

The New Day defeated Dolph Ziggler, Sami Zayn & Kevin Owens

The heels had the early advantage by isolating Xavier Woods. Woods fought back and The New Day hit the Unicorn Stampede. Kingston attempted a splash, but Zayn moved, and Kingston crashed to the floor. Ziggler nailed Kingston with a forearm on the floor.

Ziggler locked on a chin lock and taunted New Day. He caught Kingston with a dropkick, which sent Kingston to the floor. Owens then hit a senton on Kingston. The heels isolated Kingston on their side of the ring.

Woods got the hot tag and ran wild. After a quick exchange, Woods sent Zayn to the floor with a forearm. He followed up with a sliding dropkick taking out Zayn and Ziggler. Woods climbed to the top, but Owens distracted the referee. Ziggler tripped up Woods. The heels isolated Woods again in their corner.

Owens hit a power slam and second turnbuckle moonsault for a near fall. Woods hit a DDT, and Big E got the hot tag. Big E hit three huge belly-to-belly suplexes and a big splash on Ziggler. New Day tried to set up Ziggler, but he fought out.

Zayn made the blind tag. Ziggler went to superkick Kingston but hit Zayn instead. Kingston fought back and hit the Trouble in Paradise on Ziggler. The finish came when Kingston hit Trouble in Paradise on Zayn for the win.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Re: BRM is Skipping This Week's SD. Here are Results from WON

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 12th, '19, 09:39

So...more of the same repetitiveness but some different stuff? Wow. Aleister Black is seemingly falling victim though to the cycle now. Unless they're just gearing up for him to eventually go against Bray Wyatt, which I think is possible. Nonetheless, he needs a change in the meantime.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 12th, '19, 10:25

KILLdozer wrote: Jun 12th, '19, 09:39 . Aleister Black is seemingly falling victim though to the cycle now. Unless they're just gearing up for him to eventually go against Bray Wyatt, which I think is possible.
I had not thought about that. That is quite the interesting possibility.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 12th, '19, 10:57

Big Red Machine wrote: Jun 12th, '19, 10:25
KILLdozer wrote: Jun 12th, '19, 09:39 . Aleister Black is seemingly falling victim though to the cycle now. Unless they're just gearing up for him to eventually go against Bray Wyatt, which I think is possible.
I had not thought about that. That is quite the interesting possibility.
For all we know...he's been referencing him the whole time...

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 12th, '19, 11:10

KILLdozer wrote: Jun 12th, '19, 10:57

all i see is a wimp that keeps asking for someone to call him out instead of, you know, Black just going to someone to pick a fight himself

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 12th, '19, 11:13

cero2k wrote: Jun 12th, '19, 11:10

all i see is a wimp that keeps asking for someone to call him out instead of, you know, Black just going to someone to pick a fight himself
You could say that...I'm more wondering what he's waiting for lol. Not to play Seruujunin, but it's a lot of big talk and more talking compared to the NXT version of that worked so well simply being himself. Just kick Sullivan's shit off already or something...

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 12th, '19, 12:26

I'm beginning about his "knock on the door...open my door...open the door...,

Lol I guess it's literal and metaphorical at the same time? Where is he? Backstage?

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 12th, '19, 12:43

This Big E return brings something to my mind...it was never SHOWN to be Kevin Owens who put him back down last time. While BRM and others (I included), also believe this may lead to a heel turn from him...it was ALSO, never SHOWN to be Broc Lesnar that took out Zane at MITB...at least I don't remember them saying it was...

What if there's something bigger going on here?

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 12th, '19, 13:18

KILLdozer wrote: Jun 12th, '19, 12:26 I'm beginning about his "knock on the door...open my door...open the door...,

Lol I guess it's literal and metaphorical at the same time? Where is he? Backstage?
he's been in the janitor's closet all this time.

has the thought crossed your mind that maybe he debuts as the new Funkasaurus?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 12th, '19, 13:58

KILLdozer wrote: Jun 12th, '19, 12:43 This Big E return brings something to my mind...it was never SHOWN to be Kevin Owens who put him back down last time. While BRM and others (I included), also believe this may lead to a heel turn from him...it was ALSO, never SHOWN to be Broc Lesnar that took out Zane at MITB...at least I don't remember them saying it was...

I don't think the two are related because Big E. was either telling the truth that it was Owens, or he was faking the whole thing. I don't think he'd be lying to cover up for a third party.

The Zayn thing is almost certainly something we're not supposed to think about, although I don't know how they can expect us to not do so when finding someone strung up like Sami was (as opposed to just knocked out on the floor) is so memorable.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 12th, '19, 14:10

Big Red Machine wrote: Jun 12th, '19, 13:58
KILLdozer wrote: Jun 12th, '19, 12:43 This Big E return brings something to my mind...it was never SHOWN to be Kevin Owens who put him back down last time. While BRM and others (I included), also believe this may lead to a heel turn from him...it was ALSO, never SHOWN to be Broc Lesnar that took out Zane at MITB...at least I don't remember them saying it was...

I don't think the two are related because Big E. was either telling the truth that it was Owens, or he was faking the whole thing. I don't think he'd be lying to cover up for a third party.

The Zayn thing is almost certainly something we're not supposed to think about, although I don't know how they can expect us to not do so when finding someone strung up like Sami was (as opposed to just knocked out on the floor) is so memorable.
Maybe it's way too much thought and consistency...but what if it was the same person behind both?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 12th, '19, 14:13

KILLdozer wrote: Jun 12th, '19, 14:10
Big Red Machine wrote: Jun 12th, '19, 13:58

Maybe it's way too much thought and consistency...but what if it was the same person behind both?
I don't see what that person would gain by taking out Sami Zayn and not revealing himself by now. Sami's behavior has not changed since then and Sami has not suffered any further assaults, either.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jun 13th, '19, 08:03

Big Red Machine wrote: Jun 12th, '19, 14:13
KILLdozer wrote: Jun 12th, '19, 14:10
Big Red Machine wrote: Jun 12th, '19, 13:58 I don't think the two are related because Big E. was either telling the truth that it was Owens, or he was faking the whole thing. I don't think he'd be lying to cover up for a third party.

I don't see what that person would gain by taking out Sami Zayn and not revealing himself by now. Sami's behavior has not changed since then and Sami has not suffered any further assaults, either.
Way too much thought and consistency. If they don't recap it each week until it's resolved, they're not going back.
KILLdozer wrote: Jun 12th, '19, 09:39 Aleister Black is seemingly falling victim though to the cycle now. Unless they're just gearing up for him to eventually go against Bray Wyatt, which I think is possible. Nonetheless, he needs a change in the meantime.
Unless they're flexing a long-game, as intrigueing as it sounds, Aleister does not bounce back from that. He's not in a spot where he should be losing his first real program, and NO WAY does Funhouse Bray lose his first program as this incarnation of the character.

Not saying you're wrong, I'm saying if you're right WWE has proven they can't do it in a way to elevate both characters.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Jun 13th, '19, 15:19

KILLdozer wrote: Jun 12th, '19, 11:13

You could say that...I'm more wondering what he's waiting for lol. Not to play Seruujunin, but it's a lot of big talk and more talking compared to the NXT version of that worked so well simply being himself. Just kick Sullivan's shit off already or something...
I'm just glad that there are other people who are kind of on the same train of thought as me!

And if he kicks Sullivan's head off... Maybe he'll break his jaw again and spare us more of him!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 13th, '19, 21:24

Serujuunin wrote: Jun 13th, '19, 15:19

I'm just glad that there are other people who are kind of on the same train of thought as me!

And if he kicks Sullivan's head off... Maybe he'll break his jaw again and spare us more of him!

Meltzer wrote:The knee injury to Lars Sullivan that kept him off SmackDown Tuesday is worse than originally believed. There are no definitive details until he undergoes an MRI, but it doesn't look like a small thing and he'll be back Monday at this point.
There you go.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Jun 13th, '19, 23:26

Big Red Machine wrote: Jun 13th, '19, 21:24
Serujuunin wrote: Jun 13th, '19, 15:19

Meltzer wrote:The knee injury to Lars Sullivan that kept him off SmackDown Tuesday is worse than originally believed. There are no definitive details until he undergoes an MRI, but it doesn't look like a small thing and he'll be back Monday at this point.
There you go.
I don’t ever legitimately wish an injury on anyone, so this does kind of suck. But at least I won’t have to put up with him, and we as a collective won’t have to watch him beat up Lucha House Party for three more months.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 14th, '19, 10:11

It says it's not a small thing but he'll back Monday? Wtf lol.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 14th, '19, 10:53

KILLdozer wrote: Jun 14th, '19, 10:11 It says it's not a small thing but he'll back Monday? Wtf lol.
You're reading it wrong. "it's not a small thing" and he'll be back Monday" are part of the same phrase. Dave is saying that "it's not a small thing and he'll just be back on Monday," but rather that he'll need to take extended time off.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 14th, '19, 11:19

Big Red Machine wrote: Jun 14th, '19, 10:53
KILLdozer wrote: Jun 14th, '19, 10:11 It says it's not a small thing but he'll back Monday? Wtf lol.
You're reading it wrong. "it's not a small thing" and he'll be back Monday" are part of the same phrase. Dave is saying that "it's not a small thing and he'll just be back on Monday," but rather that he'll need to take extended time off.
I figured it meant he'll back for more medical procedures soon...it just sounded contradictory...