Oh my G-d the Flailing

Big Red Machine

Oh my G-d the Flailing

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 5th, '19, 19:30

F4WOnline Raw Results wrote:Women’s Champion Becky Lynch & Charlotte Flair defeated Natalya & Trish Stratus via DQ (7:09)

The wrestlers entered before a break and the match began after the break. Natalya and Stratus both wore all black. Natalya applied an armbar on Lynch and Cole wondered if Lynch would tap out to her “own move.” Graves mentioned that the armbar was Ronda Rousey’s move.

Lynch went for a Sharpshooter, then a Disarmer, but Charlotte tagged herself in. Natalya was in control until Charlotte cut her off with a big boot. Charlotte feigned a tag to Lynch and was booed when she pulled her hand back. The crowd then chanted for Lynch.

Natalya eventually blocked a big boot and hit a discus clothesline. Charlotte yanked Natalya down by the hair as she went for a tag, then hit an Exploder. Lynch tagged herself in, so Charlotte decked her from behind, then left up the ramp.

Natalya applied the Sharpshooter but Lynch got a rope break. Natalya refused to break so the referee called for the bell. Natalya kept the hold on until Stratus came into to stop her. Natalya shoved Stratus and left. So Stratus never got in the match. Lynch sold her leg as Stratus checked on her.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Re: Oh my G-d the Flailing

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 6th, '19, 12:29

I'm not sure I understand...
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 6th, '19, 13:11

KILLdozer wrote: Aug 6th, '19, 12:29 I'm not sure I understand...
the booking? yeah, me neither

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Aug 6th, '19, 16:29

Big Red Machine wrote: Aug 5th, '19, 19:30
F4WOnline Raw Results wrote:Women’s Champion Becky Lynch & Charlotte Flair defeated Natalya & Trish Stratus via DQ (7:09)

The wrestlers entered before a break and the match began after the break. Natalya and Stratus both wore all black. Natalya applied an armbar on Lynch and Cole wondered if Lynch would tap out to her “own move.” Graves mentioned that the armbar was Ronda Rousey’s move.

Lynch went for a Sharpshooter, then a Disarmer, but Charlotte tagged herself in. Natalya was in control until Charlotte cut her off with a big boot. Charlotte feigned a tag to Lynch and was booed when she pulled her hand back. The crowd then chanted for Lynch.

Natalya eventually blocked a big boot and hit a discus clothesline. Charlotte yanked Natalya down by the hair as she went for a tag, then hit an Exploder. Lynch tagged herself in, so Charlotte decked her from behind, then left up the ramp.

Natalya applied the Sharpshooter but Lynch got a rope break. Natalya refused to break so the referee called for the bell. Natalya kept the hold on until Stratus came into to stop her. Natalya shoved Stratus and left. So Stratus never got in the match. Lynch sold her leg as Stratus checked on her.
It's typical WWE "advertise main event, main event leads to DQ to build to PPV" stuff, but I will say I like the idea of a DQ resulting because someone won't break a hold. It's a finish that you don't see often. It's just a shame that the live crowd was advertised Stratus and didn't get to see her wrestle
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 6th, '19, 19:42

NWK2000 wrote: Aug 6th, '19, 16:29
It's typical WWE "advertise main event, main event leads to DQ to build to PPV" stuff, but I will say I like the idea of a DQ resulting because someone won't break a hold. It's a finish that you don't see often. It's just a shame that the live crowd was advertised Stratus and didn't get to see her wrestle
I will go into more depth on this in my review, but you're being WAY too forgiving of this sh*t booking. That finish only works for a babyface under certain circumstances, and this was nowhere close to being them.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Aug 6th, '19, 22:56

Big Red Machine wrote: Aug 6th, '19, 19:42
I will go into more depth on this in my review, but you're being WAY too forgiving of this sh*t booking. That finish only works for a babyface under certain circumstances, and this was nowhere close to being them.
Gotta put some shine on Nattie somehow.
Also, I think the more nonsensical and stupid wrestling gets, and thusly the more logical thinkers get angered by it, the more I like it. Truly, I am the Magneto to your Xavier.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 6th, '19, 23:00

NWK2000 wrote: Aug 6th, '19, 22:56
Also, I think the more nonsensical and stupid wrestling gets, and thusly the more logical thinkers get angered by it, the more I like it. Truly, I am the Magneto to your Xavier.
you make it sound like you don't care as much for the wrestling as you care about disagreeing with people

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 7th, '19, 07:03

No. Magneto's behavior was almost always logical. Remember that the Beyonder placed him alone among the villains he kidnapped during Secret War among the heroes. I'm Xavier, but you're not Magneto. Cero is Magneto (ideas based on noble principles but his desired execution or them is wrong). You're Mojo, with extreme and often contrarian tastes in entertainment.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 7th, '19, 07:06

NWK2000 wrote:

Agreed. But making her look like a total heel is not the way to so it.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 7th, '19, 10:36

Big Red Machine wrote: Aug 7th, '19, 07:03

No. Magneto's behavior was almost always logical. Remember that the Beyonder placed him alone among the villains he kidnapped during Secret War among the heroes. I'm Xavier, but you're not Magneto. Cero is Magneto (ideas based on noble principles but his desired execution or them is wrong). You're Mojo, with extreme and often contrarian tastes in entertainment.
Who am I?
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Aug 7th, '19, 10:44

cero2k wrote: Aug 6th, '19, 23:00
you make it sound like you don't care as much for the wrestling as you care about disagreeing with people
Not intentionally disagreeing, we just happen to not co-align
But you are right about one thing, I do not care about wrestling. Like at all. At least, on the day-to-day analytical level that you guys do.
Big Red Machine wrote: Aug 6th, '19, 19:42 You're Mojo, with extreme and often contrarian tastes in entertainment.
Truly, the best compliment I've received in years lol.