Official Statement On The Status Of Shane Taylor And The ROH World Television Title

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

Official Statement On The Status Of Shane Taylor And The ROH World Television Title

Post by cero2k » Sep 17th, '19, 08:36

Source: rohwrestling.com

Ring of Honor Wrestling and Shane Taylor have agreed to terms on a buyout of his contract, effective immediately.

ROH is currently in negotiations with Taylor for him to make his advertised defense of the ROH World Television Title at the Death Before Dishonor pay-per-view on Sept. 27 in Las Vegas against Flip Gordon and Tracy Williams in a Triple Threat Match.

Bob-O

Re: Official Statement On The Status Of Shane Taylor And The ROH World Television Title

Post by Bob-O » Sep 18th, '19, 13:41

I'm seeing Taven hasn't resigned and he's up at the end of the month, and Scurll too before the end of the year...

Yikes.

What's the full story on Taven? Surely there's something to this, I have no clue...

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Official Statement On The Status Of Shane Taylor And The ROH World Television Title

Post by cero2k » Sep 18th, '19, 15:03

Scurll is most definitely leaving, Taven I have no idea, but they have set up title matches against Cobb and RUSH soon, so they at least seem kinda prepared for the worst.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 18th, '19, 18:58

No way Taven is leaving Nowhere else will give him this kind of push (and probably not the money ROH will give him, either).
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Sep 18th, '19, 22:15

Big Red Machine wrote: Sep 18th, '19, 18:58 No way Taven is leaving Nowhere else will give him this kind of push (and probably not the money ROH will give him, either).
WWE will hire anyone

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Sep 18th, '19, 23:08

cero2k wrote: Sep 18th, '19, 22:15
Big Red Machine wrote: Sep 18th, '19, 18:58 No way Taven is leaving Nowhere else will give him this kind of push (and probably not the money ROH will give him, either).
WWE will hire anyone
This.

Nothing against ACH, but when he's the marquis of your latest PC Class, I think WWE would sign Cheeseburger if it meant they were signing away The ROH World Heavyweight Champion.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 19th, '19, 09:03

Why are people sh*tting on ACH?
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Sep 19th, '19, 09:19

Big Red Machine wrote: Sep 19th, '19, 09:03 Why are people sh*tting on ACH?
he's been kinda mediocre for some years now, he was the next big thing in 2012 and then just became a cosplaying low card guy

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Sep 19th, '19, 09:43

Big Red Machine wrote: Sep 19th, '19, 09:03 Why are people sh*tting on ACH?
It's not shitting, just saying this would have been a much bigger deal 5 years ago, but they passed. I'm not as dialed in as some folks, but he fell off the face of the planet a few years back, didn't make a whole lot of noise in Japan... I'd completely forgotten about him... then turns up in NXT looking like Carl Winslow with a stupid name and handed a tournament win like he's some kind of "get".

Point being, in 2019 they're signing up all the guys they skipped the first time, despite being less relevant, because there's literally nothing left. If they're willing to sign a completely irrelevant ACH (nothing against him, just calling what I'm seeing), I'm sure they'd match whatever the reigning ROH World Champion is making just to make it look like he jumped to them.