NWA POWER Detuts October 8th Worldwide. New Women's Championship Belt Revealed

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

NWA POWER Detuts October 8th Worldwide. New Women's Championship Belt Revealed

Post by cero2k » Sep 30th, '19, 09:50

Source: nationalwrestlingalliance.com

The National Wreslting Alliance is proud to announce…

NWA POWER is coming to you worldwide every Tuesday at 6:05pm ET starting on October 8th.

As unveiled today by NWA President Billy Corgan at the Hard Rock Cafe Atlanta…. this return to its roots for the National Wrestling Alliance with studio wrestling is being made widely available for all great wrestling fans at the same time around the world. You can watch this show with no restrictions, no paywalls. Watch with other NWA fans during the live premiere every Tuesday at 6:05pm Eastern.

http://www.facebook.com/NWA

http://www.youtube.com/NWA

And if you can’t watch the live premiere, the show will be available on-demand via those platform plus they will be made available on Fite.TV every Saturday Night.

Also announced today the National Wrestling Alliance returns to Atlanta on December 14tth with a live PPV event.

http://www.nationalwrestlingalliance.com

Media - info@nationalwrestlingalliance.com

--

XIV

Re: NWA POWER Detuts October 8th Worldwide. New Women's Championship Belt Revealed

Post by XIV » Sep 30th, '19, 10:54

I love the NWA.
The history, what it stood for. It was a shame to see what it had become.

I really hope the show is successful!
Have A Nice Day!

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: NWA POWER Detuts October 8th Worldwide. New Women's Championship Belt Revealed

Post by cero2k » Sep 30th, '19, 17:50

@XIV

if you like the old NWA, their new set may be a positive outlook for you

XIV

Post by XIV » Sep 30th, '19, 23:59

I heard about this set up on a podcast, classic studio wrestling!

A lot of wrestlers will find this difficult! There isn’t much of a crowd to play to, your audience is the people at home and you have to get over without really knowing if you’re getting over.

I can’t wait.
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 1st, '19, 23:43

Nothing about this seems like anything I want to see. I despise the studio wrestling format because it's supposed to be a sport, and sports coverage is not like that.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Oct 2nd, '19, 08:48

Big Red Machine wrote: Oct 1st, '19, 23:43 Nothing about this seems like anything I want to see. I despise the studio wrestling format because it's supposed to be a sport, and sports coverage is not like that.
you really take the 'sports' part really literal with all promotions.

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Oct 2nd, '19, 09:50

Big Red Machine wrote: Oct 1st, '19, 23:43 Nothing about this seems like anything I want to see. I despise the studio wrestling format because it's supposed to be a sport, and sports coverage is not like that.

I get it, because big arena wrestling has been the standard since the 90s, but I hate the idea that wrestling must take place in an arena. That's where you get smaller promotions who shoot for big venues and look like jokes when they undersell to the point where it's visible on camera (see, Carter-era TNA 2012 until Dixie lost power).

On the other hand, studio wrestling is a cost-effective space in which to produce your angles and TV matches, and when you can do good numbers in the big arenas when the big matches happen, that's what matters.
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 2nd, '19, 17:05

NWK2000 wrote: Oct 2nd, '19, 09:50

I get it, because big arena wrestling has been the standard since the 90s, but I hate the idea that wrestling must take place in an arena. That's where you get smaller promotions who shoot for big venues and look like jokes when they undersell to the point where it's visible on camera (see, Carter-era TNA 2012 until Dixie lost power).

On the other hand, studio wrestling is a cost-effective space in which to produce your angles and TV matches, and when you can do good numbers in the big arenas when the big matches happen, that's what matters.
So run small arenas like ROH does, and when you outgrow that, start running medium-sized arenas like AEW is.

It's not an issue of "big arena," it's an issue of the coverage. You'd never get a boxing or MMA weekly show where they tape matches from elsewhere and show you just highlights and then interview the fighters live in the studio. They'd bring you the bouts live from the arena and interview the fighters right there before and after their fights.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 2nd, '19, 17:11

cero2k wrote: Oct 2nd, '19, 08:48
you really take the 'sports' part really literal with all promotions.
It's supposed to be a sport. That's the premise. Unless you've got something going on like Lucha Underground where the wrestling is just part of it, but even with LU they have it done in a way where it makes sense, as it's an underground fight club where the promoter dicks with people either because 1) he's a dick who enjoys dicking with people or 2) to because he has an ulterior motive.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 2nd, '19, 17:12

Also, those titles with the champion's picture are horrendous.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Oct 2nd, '19, 17:59

Big Red Machine wrote: Oct 2nd, '19, 17:12 Also, those titles with the champion's picture are horrendous.
it's a play on the old Mildred Burke title. They're going for old school traditional look

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Oct 2nd, '19, 18:00

Big Red Machine wrote: Oct 2nd, '19, 17:11
It's supposed to be a sport. That's the premise. Unless you've got something going on like Lucha Underground where the wrestling is just part of it, but even with LU they have it done in a way where it makes sense, as it's an underground fight club where the promoter dicks with people either because 1) he's a dick who enjoys dicking with people or 2) to because he has an ulterior motive.
not all sports, especially combat sports are contested in arenas

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 2nd, '19, 18:49

cero2k wrote: Oct 2nd, '19, 17:59
Big Red Machine wrote: Oct 2nd, '19, 17:12 Also, those titles with the champion's picture are horrendous.
it's a play on the old Mildred Burke title. They're going for old school traditional look

That doesn't inherently make it a good idea.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 2nd, '19, 18:51

cero2k wrote: Oct 2nd, '19, 18:00
Big Red Machine wrote: Oct 2nd, '19, 17:11
not all sports, especially combat sports are contested in arenas
Dude... I'm fine with high school gyms or parking lots if you can make it work for what you're doing. But if you want to look like a big league sport, you should be presenting a full show to us, with announcers who are at least kayfabe live to call the action.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Oct 2nd, '19, 18:59

Big Red Machine wrote: Oct 2nd, '19, 18:49
cero2k wrote: Oct 2nd, '19, 17:59

That doesn't inherently make it a good idea.
not saying it is, just bringing up where the idea came from. They're not the ugliest titles on tv either tho.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Oct 2nd, '19, 19:07

Big Red Machine wrote: Oct 2nd, '19, 18:51
Dude... I'm fine with high school gyms or parking lots if you can make it work for what you're doing. But if you want to look like a big league sport, you should be presenting a full show to us, with announcers who are at least kayfabe live to call the action.
The commentary table is right there, but hey, maybe they're not trying to be a 'big league sport', NWA did this long before Sports Entertainment was a thing