Thelone Reviews MLW Fusion 77

PWG, MLW, AAW, WWN, etc
Thelone

Thelone Reviews MLW Fusion 77

Post by Thelone » Oct 1st, '19, 17:56

*sees stats from previous review* Wait, 464 views? Well, those bots gotta read sometimes I guess.

We start with what happened last week between Aries and Hart who got sent to the hospital after the attack.

Myron Reed and Kotto Brazil (w/ Jordan Oliver) vs. Air Wolf and Gringo Loco – *1/2
OK, why is that feud between six undercard dweebs taking so much time lately? Anyway, Brazil looked loopy during the vast majority of the match, then they did a horrible double electric chair spot which was too much for him I guess because they cut to show a bunch of fans and came back to see Wolf pin Brazil for the win.

Post-match, Injustice beat up the referee because Brazil wasn't the legal man apparently. That's... something.

Warner is outside with an old man who's his uncle, then he bitched about Havoc.

Same Garrini hype video.

Injustice beat more referees up for reasons...

Here's Pillman with a quick update on Hart. He will challenge Aries for next week to avenge Teddy.

Salina belittles a cameraman asking a dumb question, then we see the Fatu vs. Park announcement.

The Von Erichs come out of a children's hospital, but MJF (who notices that the Von Erichs are wearing shoes for a change) and Holliday appear and wanna buy the hospital to turn it into a hotel or something. Kevin is concerned about the kids and Holliday wanna explain his business plan, but Kevin dumps Holliday's coffee on the ground which angers MJF and Holliday breathes heavily and that must have been some damn good coffee.

Douglas James vs. Timothy Thatcher – ***
James is a former kickboxer/MMA fighter, which seems to be the type lately with him, Thatcher and Garrini.

It was a bit too long, but I'll take matches like these over any iteration of Injustice vs. Random Cruiserweight(s). Thatcher won with a Fujiwara armbar.

Post-match, Lennox is in the ring with an odd segment. Thatcher says that James earned his respect tonight and gives him an invite to train with him, then Thatcher challenges Lawlor for Superfight. It wasn't bad or anything, but I can see why Thatcher works more as the silent type.

Havoc is backstage and rants about Warner, then Lennox is with him and the white board is back. She has to draw whatever Mancer tells her to, she does a horrible job at it and Warner has no problem telling her, and Lennox starts corpsing.

Pillman vs. Aries is official for next week.

Jimmy Havoc vs. Mance Warner – **
Bunkhouse brawl because of course. "Weapons" scattered around the ring include small bay hales OF DOOM and pumpkins OF DESPAIR.

It was the same thing with Havoc stapling small body parts on objects and people passing through furniture. Warner won.

Post-match, Havoc has barb-wire and uses it on Warner who gets all bloody.

That was... a show that happened. It's kinda concerning that the storyline that got the most air time lately is the one with six bland undercarders while Contra is almost nowhere to be seen since War Chamber. Superfight is a month away and while we have a good chunk of the card announced already, it doesn't feel as important as it should. I might switch to the NWA show if that keeps going that way.

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Thelone Reviews MLW Fusion 77

Post by cero2k » Oct 2nd, '19, 09:06

Thelone wrote: Oct 1st, '19, 17:56

That was... a show that happened. It's kinda concerning that the storyline that got the most air time lately is the one with six bland undercarders while Contra is almost nowhere to be seen since War Chamber. Superfight is a month away and while we have a good chunk of the card announced already, it doesn't feel as important as it should. I might switch to the NWA show if that keeps going that way.
it's probably for the best, I don't want to see Park and Fatu see each other every week, maybe just a face off in the go-home, and I surely don't want to see Salina interact with Contra, again, maybe until after Superfight. Contra also got beat up in the War Chamber, it makes a bit sense that they're selling the beat up.

I'm liking the Dynasty vs Von Erichs idea, I think it's a good clash.

My problem with this show was the Mance vs Havoc stuff, I'm bored out of my mind by Mance and I'm already done with this little feud.

Thelone

Re: Thelone Reviews MLW Fusion 77

Post by Thelone » Oct 3rd, '19, 08:07

cero2k wrote: Oct 2nd, '19, 09:06it's probably for the best, I don't want to see Park and Fatu see each other every week, maybe just a face off in the go-home, and I surely don't want to see Salina interact with Contra, again, maybe until after Superfight. Contra also got beat up in the War Chamber, it makes a bit sense that they're selling the beat up.
The issue with Contra is much deeper than that though. Since Kings of Colosseum and Fatu winning the belt in early JULY, the group took a backseat to almost everything else happening on the show (including the Injustice stuff lately) and done virtually nothing besides adding a fourth member for a pointless match. In storyline, winning the belt gave them the infamous "power", but they've become irrelevant instead. I'm not asking them to cut a ten-minute promo every week, but at least do something.
I'm liking the Dynasty vs Von Erichs idea, I think it's a good clash.
Probably the only thing I'm looking forward to right now.
My problem with this show was the Mance vs Havoc stuff, I'm bored out of my mind by Mance and I'm already done with this little feud.
There are loads of bad stuff lately, but I'd still rank the Injustice crap on top with this feud a little below it. The sad thing is that with the women's division coming up later this year (and they've just signed Zeda Zhang to the shock of no one), they'll have to cram even more in one hour.