WWE announces Crown Jewel in Saudi Arabia for Halloween

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Bob-O

Re: WWE announces Crown Jewel in Saudi Arabia for Halloween

Post by Bob-O » Oct 3rd, '19, 09:25

It's a PPV Poster...
You could essentially say that about dozens of people. 90's Austin doesn't make sense because he's too pissed off to have his picture taken. Undertaker, Kane, Mankind, Kamala... I don't think it's weird because they've been breaking that aspect of kayfabe for a very long time. They got The Fiend to sit still and not mandible claw people long enough to get a render for the website, I can live with them putting him on a ppv poster.

I'll agree that he looks stupid, but only because I think he looks stupid.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 3rd, '19, 10:33

XIV wrote: Oct 3rd, '19, 08:51
Big Red Machine wrote: Oct 2nd, '19, 17:13
XIV wrote: Oct 2nd, '19, 11:27

Exactly this. Photoshopped or not, this is not how to present this character.
So would you be okay if he were on a poster by himself?
I’d prefer he wasn’t on posters at all, it just doesn’t fit.
In that case I can definitely sympathize with you. I think it's just one of those things that is now lost forever. Everyone is posted fodder and will have an action figure etc.

Out of curiosity, would you have been okay if it was the Bray Wyatt version of him on the poster?
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Oct 3rd, '19, 10:53

Big Red Machine wrote: Oct 3rd, '19, 10:33
Out of curiosity, would you have been okay if it was the Bray Wyatt version of him on the poster?
Question, does Bray Wyatt in human form still exists? I thought he was just 'inside the mind' kind of thing. He's never been outside the Funhouse, right?

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Oct 3rd, '19, 12:02

cero2k wrote: Oct 3rd, '19, 10:53
Question, does Bray Wyatt in human form still exists? I thought he was just 'inside the mind' kind of thing. He's never been outside the Funhouse, right?
No, but the puppets have. We were just talkin' about that in NWK's thread.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Oct 3rd, '19, 12:48

That's a very good question and a great point that I kinda would like to see more of now...
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

XIV

Post by XIV » Oct 3rd, '19, 14:51

XIV wrote: Oct 3rd, '19, 08:51
Big Red Machine wrote: Oct 2nd, '19, 17:13

So would you be okay if he were on a poster by himself?
I’d prefer he wasn’t on posters at all, it just doesn’t fit.
In that case I can definitely sympathize with you. I think it's just one of those things that is now lost forever. Everyone is posted fodder and will have an action figure etc.

I would be okay with a Funhouse Bray poster yeah. Because I’m those moments he’s talking to a camera anyway, so a photo would be no different.
Have A Nice Day!

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Oct 3rd, '19, 17:40

KILLdozer wrote: Oct 3rd, '19, 12:48
That's a very good question and a great point that I kinda would like to see more of now...
This might actually make me care about Wyatt...

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 3rd, '19, 17:54

So what you are positing is that rather than The Fiend being the dangerous manifestation of Bray that Bray sends against his enemies, the reality is that Bray Wyatt as we knew him has fully transformed into The Fiend, and The Fiend is manifesting as Bray on Firefly Funhouse for his own purposes?
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Oct 3rd, '19, 18:09

Big Red Machine wrote: Oct 3rd, '19, 17:54
So what you are positing is that rather than The Fiend being the dangerous manifestation of Bray that Bray sends against his enemies, the reality is that Bray Wyatt as we knew him has fully transformed into The Fiend, and The Fiend is manifesting as Bray on Firefly Funhouse for his own purposes?
yes, kinda like if Balor went full Demon, the demon is in control now, and 'funhouse' balor is just a look into balor trapped inside the demon.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Oct 3rd, '19, 18:26

cero2k wrote: Oct 3rd, '19, 18:09
yes, kinda like if Balor went full Demon, the demon is in control now, and 'funhouse' balor is just a look into balor trapped inside the demon.
That's kind of as I've always seen it and thought was the idea..."let me in..." regards entry and possession, which is why you only see ",The Fiend " saying this as he slips through the conscienceous.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

XIV

Post by XIV » Oct 4th, '19, 04:43

KILLdozer wrote: Oct 3rd, '19, 18:26
cero2k wrote: Oct 3rd, '19, 18:09
That's kind of as I've always seen it and thought was the idea..."let me in..." regards entry and possession, which is why you only see ",The Fiend " saying this as he slips through the conscienceous.
This sort of works, because the first few funhouses were Bray heavy with little or no Fiend interaction then the more the vignettes have aired, the more the Fiend is evident throughout.

If that's intentional, that makes for an amazing subtle detail.
Have A Nice Day!