Thelone Reviews MLW Fusion Episode 79

PWG, MLW, AAW, WWN, etc
Thelone

Thelone Reviews MLW Fusion Episode 79

Post by Thelone » Oct 16th, '19, 11:04

We start outside "friday" with Salina who bumps into the Dynasty making fun of Mexico. They argued a bit, then SDR told them that if they're so great, why not face the Parks? MJF and Holliday are trying to get out of it, but Hammerstone (who was with them for the first time in a long while) accepts on their behalf. MJF is mad at Hammerstone while this amuses Salina.

"Somehow", it's hard to believe that there are 5k people in that arena when I can clearly see an awful lot of empty seats.

Oraculo, Black Danger and Ricky Marvin vs. OH…

Someone should definitely tell Bocchini and that Kirsh guy who's replacing Schiavone that a trios match is 3vs3, not a 3-way. Anyway, we then have...

Oraculo vs. Black Danger vs. Ricky Marvin – **
I vaguely remember Marvin from a horrible match in ROH against Roderick Strong in '13 and just like that match, commentary is hyping him as this legend and I don't get it at all. Like, this guy is just a three-time GHC junior tag champion and one-time junior champion, a belt he hold for a whopping... less than a day. You'd think this guy was Kobashi or KENTA judging by how hard they're hyping him, but all I see is an over-the-hill cruiserweight. Am I missing something with him?

Oh yeah, a match happened. It was just a spotfest with three guys we most likely won't see in the future. Oraculo won and *shrugs*

Lennox is with Low Ki and Pillman backstage. Ki tells Pillman that his emotions got the better of him last week and is hyping Aries as this great oportunist because he can keep his cool all the time. Pillman leaves saying that Ki doesn't know him, and he has the same reaction as me basically.

Back in the streets, Dynasty are coming out of a pharmacy and we have more "Hammerstone is taking steroids" jokes. I'm not sure what to make of this frankly and this is something I'm noticing more and more with MLW : they have all those little side stories and almost none of them go anywhere.

Backstage with Salina who hypes up the match between Fatu and Park, then Samael appears and want her in Contra because all she craves is power. She refuses, then Havoc comes in and hypes up his show for next week. He wants a street fight between a member of Dorado and another of Contra, then leaves. Samael yells at SDR that he'll be the Contra representative, and Salina to say that she'll find the perfect opponent for him.

Alexander Hammerstone (MLW) vs. Rey Horus (The Crash) – ***
To the shock of no one, this title vs. title match ended in a DQ when Dynasty came back to save Hammerstone's ass.

Same video for Havoc's show, then same vignette for Medina.

Aries vs. Hart for the middleweight title is official for Superfight, and also Injustice vs. Loco/Puma King/Septimo Dragon, because this hot feud must continue...

Los Parks (El Hijo de LA Park and LA Park Jr.) vs. Dynasty (MJF and Richard Holliday) (c) – **1/2
So there's a third Park. Dynasty cut a Trump-based promo before the match, then whichever Park cut another one that was bleeped every second.

This was a complete house show match that never got out of first gear. Dynasty retained.

Next week : Samael vs. someone from Dorado, and Havoc vs. Damian 666 vs. Savio Vega. UGH...

So yeah, this felt like a complete filler show, mostly centered around Dynasty.

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Thelone Reviews MLW Fusion Episode 79

Post by cero2k » Oct 16th, '19, 11:34

Thelone wrote: Oct 16th, '19, 11:04
So yeah, this felt like a complete filler show, mostly centered around Dynasty.
we're in for a long one with this Crash tapings

Thelone

Re: Thelone Reviews MLW Fusion Episode 79

Post by Thelone » Oct 16th, '19, 16:43

It's probably just another full week with the Havoc show, then whatever they have left from Dallas and Tijuana, then a one-hour live pre-show on BeIN before the PPV. It's still not particularly interesting and next week's show sounds like a dumpster fire, but at least this cycle will be kinda short.