Thelone Reviews MLW Fusion Episode 81

PWG, MLW, AAW, WWN, etc
Thelone

Thelone Reviews MLW Fusion Episode 81

Post by Thelone » Oct 29th, '19, 16:25

It's the go-home show for Superfight.

We start with a video about Contra attacking Hijo de LA Park last week, then a promo with Samael and Fatu who say that they'll destroy Park at the PPV.

The Hart Foundation (Brian Pillman Jr. and Davey Boy Smith Jr.) vs. Extreme Tiger and Dragon Lee – ***
Hey, luchadors I know for a change. Before the match, they announced that Pillman will face Low Ki at Superfight with the idea that Pillman is being a dick to veterans and that will bite him in the ass at some point.

The Foundation were heels here which was a bit jarring, but I get it. The announcers completely missed the turning point of the match with Tiger going for a dive while Lee was holding Pillman on the outside, but he got free and Tiger crashed into Lee instead. He then ate the Foundation's finisher for the loss.

Superfight rundown, with nothing new except that Bestia 666 is now in the Stairway to Hell match after what happened last week.

SDR said a bunch of stuff about power and how Park will bring the gold back to Dorado.

Here's Park talking again after what Contra did to his son last week and how he'll beat them up next week.

We're with the Dynasty and they make more jokes about Hammerstone "drug issues" (whatever, I don't care anymore) and then they talked about Holliday's cordless earphones. That sure was a segment that happened... Anyway, we have the Von Erichs right after and they say they'll win the belts at Superfight.

A quick Foundation video and they're acting like total babyfaces now.

We see Aries attacking Hart a while ago. Apparently, someone did a GoFundMe to pay Aries' fine.

Proximo and Terror Azteca vs. Toto and Torito Negro – NR
Oh good, more lucha action with a bunch of unknowns... Anyway, they aired not even two minutes of this thing and one of those guys pinned another with the fastest count in the universe. That totally needed to air for... reasons.

Another video about Park and Fatu.

Contra Unit (Ikuro Kwon, Josef Samael and Simon Gotch) vs. Promociones Dorado (Bestia 666, Mecha Wolf and LA Park) (w/ Salina de la Renta) – **1/2
It was a slow brawl to start then it got a bit better, but nothing out of the ordinary really. Gotch didn't eat the pin for a change, it was Samael this time after Park's spear.

All snark aside, it was a pretty solid go-home show, but they better knock it out of the park this saturday because this long stretch between Kings of Colosseum and now was pretty damn uninspired to say the least.

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Thelone Reviews MLW Fusion Episode 81

Post by cero2k » Oct 31st, '19, 08:50

Thelone wrote: Oct 29th, '19, 16:25
All snark aside, it was a pretty solid go-home show, but they better knock it out of the park this saturday because this long stretch between Kings of Colosseum and now was pretty damn uninspired to say the least.
I think the PPV will be great, just by talent and match ups alone. I'm glad they're done with the Clash tapings, I thought they looked like a big deal, but a lot of the talent from there just felt like filler. I do think that to build Park as the next contender, doing tapings in Mexico helped a lot for him.