WWE announces 'expanded' partnership with Saudi Arabia

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

WWE announces 'expanded' partnership with Saudi Arabia

Post by cero2k » Nov 4th, '19, 19:22

Source: f4wonline.com

In the aftermath of their delays getting out of the country following Crown Jewel, WWE has announced that they've "expanded" their partnership with Saudi Arabia.

The news was announced via a press release that was issued this afternoon:
Following the historic Crown Jewel event in Riyadh, WWE (NYSE: WWE) and the Saudi General Entertainment Authority (GEA) have expanded their live event partnership through 2027 to include a second annual large-scale event. WWE and GEA also continue to work towards the completion of a media agreement in the MENA region.

This long-term partnership demonstrates WWE and GEA’s commitment to bring sports entertainment to the region and supports Saudi Arabia’s Vision 2030.
Prior to the expanded agreement, WWE's partnership with Saudi Arabia had already been set to run through 2027. There had also already been two events in Saudi Arabia per year in 2018 and 2019, but WWE co-president George Barrios noted on last Thursday's earnings call that having two shows per year couldn't be guaranteed going forward.

The 10-year deal began with the Greatest Royal Rumble in April 2018. The first Crown Jewel also took place last year, with Super ShowDown and Crown Jewel 2019 being this year's events.

When asked by Forbes about issues with Crown Jewel airing live on television in Saudi Arabia, WWE denied that the issues had anything to do with a lack of payment: "WWE was reached for comment and swiftly denied these allegations, confirming to me its strong relationship with its partners in Saudi Arabia. WWE tells me the feed issues were entirely unrelated to any issues with payment. They reinforced that mechanical issues were a cause of the flight delay and Atlas Air, the charter company, issued an apology in that regard as well."

Big Red Machine

Re: WWE announces 'expanded' partnership with Saudi Arabia

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 4th, '19, 19:57

Um... haven't they already been doing two shows a year?
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 4th, '19, 19:59

Meltzer in today's daily update wrote:There was a meeting at about 3 p.m. today at NYCB Live with Vince McMahon and the Raw crew. We don't have details of what transpired at this time but these are some things we've been told. The company blamed talent speculation for causing a problem, the talent was told the flight issues were all mechanical and nothing more, and Seth Rollins attempted to do a rah-rah speech while telling people to keep things like this off social media in the future.

Just... wow. On so many levels.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

XIV

Post by XIV » Nov 5th, '19, 01:07

I can see a lot of top tier talent refusing in future.
Even though the Payday is probably higher than a Wrestlemania Show.
Have A Nice Day!

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Nov 5th, '19, 19:19

XIV wrote: Nov 5th, '19, 01:07 I can see a lot of top tier talent refusing in future.
Even though the Payday is probably higher than a Wrestlemania Show.
It'll be interesting. I can absolutely see them taking a very public "Tribute To The Troops" stance on it the next few shows. RVD talked about it in a shoot, along the lines of participation being "voluntary" but assuming everyone they needed "wanted" to go, and making it a big pain in the ass... like, private meeting with Vince pain in the ass, to decline.

Sharing, because I find it insanely relevant...

Big Red Machine wrote: Nov 4th, '19, 19:59
Meltzer in today's daily update wrote:There was a meeting at about 3 p.m. today at NYCB Live with Vince McMahon and the Raw crew. We don't have details of what transpired at this time but these are some things we've been told. The company blamed talent speculation for causing a problem, the talent was told the flight issues were all mechanical and nothing more, and Seth Rollins attempted to do a rah-rah speech while telling people to keep things like this off social media in the future.

Just... wow. On so many levels.
Makes me sick to my stomach.

Seth especially, as he got expressed out to get coffee with his girlfriend in Ireland. Somebody without much to lose should Harris Twins his ass HBK style. Remind him where he came from. Little bitch. I'd lose my mind to find out Curtis Axel and Bo Dallas beat the shit out of Seth Rollins for real behind a guarded lockerroom door.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 6th, '19, 08:03

Dave put out a retraction about the Rolins part.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 6th, '19, 08:42

Big Red Machine wrote: Nov 6th, '19, 08:03 Dave put out a retraction about the Rolins part.
I think he made Rollins cry on twitter