BRM Reviews the 10/31/2019 NXT UK

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 10/31/2019 NXT UK

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 1st, '19, 21:28

PIPER NIVEN & RHEA RIPLEY vs. JAZZY GABERT & JINNY- 5/10
Babyfaces win when Piper pins Jazzy. Piper and Rhea had no problems working together.

A-KID vs. KASSIUS OHNO- 6.75/10
A strong debut for A-Kid with a finish that sets up for what should be an even better rematch, but I didn’t like the execution of the finish, because I think that A-Kid 619-ing around to kick Ohno and then falling out of the ring should count as him having been in the ring and then left it again, which should have restarted the count.

POST-MATCH SEGMENT- good
Ohno attacked A-Kid after the match and tried to choke him out with a cravate. Tyler Bate, who had recently endorsed A-Kid, came out to make the save.

ALICIA TAYLOR INTERVIEWS KILLER KELLY- good
She has finally been cleared after four months on the shelf, but is annoyed that “the only way to get booked around here is to pick a fight,” so she goes to pick a fight with Isla Dawn, who was unfortunate enough to walk through the background of Kelly’s interview.

JOSEPH CONNERS vs. ROY JOHNSON- 4.5/10
Conners win to start off what I’m sure will be yet another start-stop push for him that goes nowhere, just like has been happening with him since the very beginning of NXT UK.

KAY LEE RAY PROMO- very good
She mocks the challenge that Xia Brookside has thrown out to her as well as reminding us that Toni Storm has not been seen since Kay Lee Ray beat her for the NXT UK Women’s Title.

GALLUS PROMO- good promo on Imperium

DAVE MASTIFF vs. JORDAN DEVLIN- 8.25/10
An awesome match with a finish that adds .25 on its own. It was not only a brilliant spot in and of itself, but it played perfectly into the story of the match and the feet.

ALICIA TAYLOR IS STANDING BY WITH A “SITUATION” INVOLVING ILJA DRAGUNOV & ALEXANDE WOLFE- Wolfe is trying to recruit Ilja to Imperium and now gives him an ultimatum. Methinks I’m going to have to watch a few more weeks of NXT UK before watching wXw Road to 19th Anniversary: Dresden, where these two are scheduled to face off, just in case they are running an interpromotional story here (WALTER and Ilja have been a unit in wXw since late spring based around them both being in NXT UK together).

This was a very good episode of NXT UK, with strong wrestling culminating in an awesome main event. If more of the shows were like this, I wouldn’t be a month behind.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3