Dave Bautista & The nWo set for WWE Hall of Fame 2020

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

Dave Bautista & The nWo set for WWE Hall of Fame 2020

Post by cero2k » Dec 9th, '19, 09:50

Source: f4wonline.com

-- A year after D-Generation X was inducted, another Monday Night Wars era faction is going into the WWE Hall of Fame.

WWE announced via ESPN today that the nWo will be inducted into their Hall of Fame as part of the 2020 class. Hulk Hogan, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash & Sean "X-Pac" Waltman are the nWo members who will be inducted.

Hogan, Hall, and Nash have already been inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame on their own, while Waltman went into the Hall of Fame as a member of DX last year.

Hogan was reinstated into the WWE Hall of Fame in July 2018 after having been removed when he was fired from the company in 2015 due to racist remarks he had made being leaked.

"You've got four guys that were basically going at Vince as a shoot, pushing hard to actually try to take over," Hogan told ESPN. "Not put him out of business but basically take his spot and be the No. 1 company. All of a sudden, you're inducting four guys in the Hall of Fame that 20 years ago were trying to stab you in the back. It's like Vince says: In the WWE, never say never."

With SmackDown now on Fridays, this year's WWE Hall of Fame ceremony will take place on the Thursday before WrestleMania 36. The ceremony is being held at the Amalie Arena in Tampa, Florida on April 2. The announcement of the nWo being part of this year's class comes in advance of tickets for the ceremony going on sale to the general public this Friday (December 13).

-- --

WWE is getting an early start on 2020's Hall of Fame announcements.

In addition to the nWo (Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall & Sean "X-Pac" Waltman) being inducted, WWE has announced that Dave Bautista is going into their Hall of Fame during WrestleMania week in April.

“Vince [McMahon] called me personally to ask me, I was just … I wasn’t surprised, but I was pretty happy," Bautista told People. "It’s a good feeling, it’s a really great feeling.”

Bautista spent his entire career with WWE. He wasn't picked up after a WCW tryout, which, given his look, tells you about their talent judgment. He was signed for OVW and became an immediate favorite of Jim Cornette, who booked him as the monster Leviathan. As it turned out, his WWE run was completely different. After a failed debut as Deacon Batista, he became "The Animal" Batista, handpicked to be part of Evolution, with Ric Flair, Triple H, and Randy Orton. Essentially the idea was that Flair was a legend from the prior generation, Triple H was a current legend, and Batista and Orton were groomed to carry the company in the future.

While Orton was the original pick to be the breakout future star to first feud with Triple H, Batista had the more immediate success. In particular, the Batista vs. Triple H WrestleMania 21 match drew what was the most money of any pro wrestling event in history up to that point in time and is still the fourth biggest PPV event in pro wrestling history. For several years, it was Batista and John Cena who were the top full-time stars until Batista left the company to go into Hollywood.

He made two comebacks, both of which led to major WrestleMania matches and announced his retirement after last year's show when he put over Triple H.

He's become a successful actor, appearing in leading roles of a number of movies, and is best known for Drax the Destroyer in Guardians of the Galaxy.

The 2020 WWE Hall of Fame ceremony is taking place at the Amalie Arena in Tampa, Florida on Thursday, April 2. The ceremony has been moved to Thursday due to SmackDown now being on Friday.

Tickets for the Hall of Fame ceremony are going on sale to the general public this Friday (December 13).

Bob-O

Re: Dave Bautista & The nWo set for WWE Hall of Fame 2020

Post by Bob-O » Dec 10th, '19, 11:35

cero2k wrote: Dec 9th, '19, 09:50 Hulk Hogan, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash & Sean "X-Pac" Waltman are the nWo members who will be inducted.
It'd be insane to induct them all, but ffs... I'm good on celebrating the careers of these four. My first reaction to this was, "Hell yeah! Finally Scott Steiner!" But no. No room in the narrative for him yet.

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Dec 10th, '19, 11:59

Giant and Ted don't get the nod, booooooo.
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 10th, '19, 12:17

NWK2000 wrote: Dec 10th, '19, 11:59 Giant and Ted don't get the nod, booooooo.
Show deserves his own induction first. Ted was barely in the nWo, Macho and Bischoff deserve it more for that matter.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 10th, '19, 12:36

cero2k wrote: Dec 10th, '19, 12:17
Show deserves his own induction first. Ted was barely in the nWo, Macho and Bischoff deserve it more for that matter.
This
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Dec 10th, '19, 14:01

Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 10th, '19, 12:36
This
It's just a weird situation. It's a given that the faction should be in, but if you're inducting more than Hall/Nash/Hogan (founders), then you kind of need to do the other 55-ish guys that were in it. Or...do the right thing and go with the original faction before it got stupid...

Wikipedia says:
-Scott Hall (founding member, sided briefly with nWo Wolfpac after the split)
-Kevin Nash (founding member, leader of nWo Wolfpac after split)
-Hulk Hogan/Hollywood Hogan (leader and founding member, leader of nWo Hollywood after split)
-Ted DiBiase (joined on August 26, 1996, last seen accompanying the nWo on April 21,1997)
-The Giant (joined on September 2, 1996, expelled on December 30, 1996)
-nWo Sting (joined on September 9, 1996, sided with nWo Hollywood after split)
-Syxx (joined on September 16, 1996, injured on the October 13, 1997 edition of Nitro, fired from WCW in March 1998)
-Vincent (joined on September 23, 1996, sided with nWo Hollywood after split)
-Miss Elizabeth (joined on September 30, 1996, sided with nWo Wolfpac after split)

this was the Original Group of NWO
Minus Elizabeth, this would not be a difficult group of guys to get together. I find it very doubtful AEW would need Vincent that night. The inclusion of Waltman (and Batista's announcement) make this feel like Triple H doing favors and not an actual nod to history.

Yes, Big Show should (and will) go in on his own, but there's no logic that includes Syxx and not The Giant.

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Dec 10th, '19, 14:44

Ted and Giant were still as significant as Syxx was. Either you induct the Bash at the Beach 1996 trio, or you induct the first six members. Anything in between feels haphazard

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 10th, '19, 15:33

NWK2000 wrote: Dec 10th, '19, 14:44

Ted and Giant were still as significant as Syxx was. Either you induct the Bash at the Beach 1996 trio, or you induct the first six members. Anything in between feels haphazard
i mean, it's the WWE HOF, they induct people who are alive and ready to go into the HOF. Historically speaking, they didn't induct Rude with DX, they didn't induct Ole Anderson with The Horsemen. It's really just an excuse to get some big names there and hope they sell tickets, i don't think they care about the accuracy of who represents what

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Dec 10th, '19, 15:54

cero2k wrote: Dec 10th, '19, 15:33 They didn't induct Ole Anderson with The Horsemen.

I guess Barry is the Syxx of The Four Horsemen of that situation that being "We can't induct a living core member for reasons so we're gonna go a couple rungs down and induct that guy" So if nothing else you can say they're consistent in how they induct factions.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Dec 11th, '19, 20:02

cero2k wrote: Dec 10th, '19, 15:33
NWK2000 wrote: Dec 10th, '19, 14:44

i mean, it's the WWE HOF, they induct people who are alive and ready to go into the HOF. Historically speaking, they didn't induct Rude with DX, they didn't induct Ole Anderson with The Horsemen. It's really just an excuse to get some big names there and hope they sell tickets, i don't think they care about the accuracy of who represents what
It's a silly debate to have. Paul White is still alive, and under WWE contract! If Waltman goes in, there's NO REASON White doesn't. I could care less about DiBiase, Fake Sting, Virgil... I'm not even mad about The Giant getting snubbed, I'm...

...somehow after all this time...

...and time after time after time...

...shocked over WWE's lack of logic. The lack of logic they're using in inducting guys into a completely imaginary Hall Of Fame for a fake sport.

All they had to do was leave X Pac out and it'd all make sense, but Trips had to pull favors for his buddy.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 11th, '19, 20:07

Bob-O wrote: Dec 11th, '19, 20:02
It's a silly debate to have. Paul White is still alive, and under WWE contract! If Waltman goes in, there's NO REASON White doesn't. I could care less about DiBiase, Fake Sting, Virgil... I'm not even mad about The Giant getting snubbed, I'm...
what i'm saying is that Big Show > The Giant, hell, in 2019, Big Show > nWo. Big Show deserves to headline his own class, he shouldn't be put in mixed with Hogan/Hall/Nash who would take time from his speech and overshadow him.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Dec 12th, '19, 09:10

cero2k wrote: Dec 11th, '19, 20:07
Bob-O wrote: Dec 11th, '19, 20:02
what i'm saying is that Big Show > The Giant, hell, in 2019, Big Show > nWo. Big Show deserves to headline his own class, he shouldn't be put in mixed with Hogan/Hall/Nash who would take time from his speech and overshadow him.
That did cross my mind, actually. He's been MIA for some time, I'm wondering if they've got something up their sleeve for a Big Show return. I don't think WWE views Show as a headliner, but I could see them leaving him out of the NWO as not to blow something bigger they've got planned... a return or an induction of his own.

...or, since he's never been a part of WWE's revisionist NWO... the one that wasn't as big of a deal as DX and only featured Triple H's friends and Hogan when convenient... they might be rewriting history again.

Not pissed that The Giant is being excluded, this has everything to do with Syxx being INCLUDED.

Twitter is going to be fun leading up to this, just sayin'...

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 18th, '19, 18:39

Rich Fann from the Torch pointed out that in this configuration, everyone is getting their second ring, whereas Bischoff, Big Show, or all of the others people have brought up would be getting their first.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Dec 18th, '19, 19:47

Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 18th, '19, 18:39 Rich Fann from the Torch pointed out that in this configuration, everyone is getting their second ring, whereas Bischoff, Big Show, or all of the others people have brought up would be getting their first.
X-Pac will have two more rings than Big Show lmao...

That's kinda shitty if they actually consider that. It's not like they can induct The NWO again and it's crap that Waltman gets a ring for his involvement and the other guys don't because their first one should be special...

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 18th, '19, 20:12

Bob-O wrote: Dec 18th, '19, 19:47

That's kinda shitty if they actually consider that. It's not like they can induct The NWO again and it's crap that Waltman gets a ring for his involvement and the other guys don't because their first one should be special...
at the end of the day, Xpac is more likely to need that money from pawning the rings than Show

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 18th, '19, 21:31

cero2k wrote: Dec 18th, '19, 20:12
Bob-O wrote: Dec 18th, '19, 19:47

at the end of the day, Xpac is more likely to need that money from pawning the rings than Show
I don't know about that. We know that Big Show is bad with his money. That's why he had to join The Authority, remember?

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation