Goldberg wins Universal title at WWE Super ShowDown

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

Goldberg wins Universal title at WWE Super ShowDown

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 27th, '20, 20:35

Source: www.F4WOnline.com

By Joseph Currier | @josephcurrier | Feb 27, 2020 12:30 pm

With WrestleMania 36 approaching, WWE has a new Universal Champion.

Goldberg won the Universal title by defeating "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt in the main event of Super ShowDown in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia today. He pinned Wyatt after giving him a Jackhammer.

Goldberg hit four spears on Wyatt during the match and fought out of the Mandible Claw twice. Wyatt got up as Goldberg was celebrating after, but the lights then went out and Wyatt was gone when they came back.

Dave Meltzer reported on Wrestling Observer Radio overnight that Goldberg vs. Roman Reigns is planned for WrestleMania 36. Goldberg's challenger for WrestleMania will be decided by an Elimination Chamber match at WWE's Elimination Chamber pay-per-view in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on March 8.

Meltzer noted that John Cena is planned to be Wyatt's new WrestleMania opponent. Cena will appear on tomorrow's episode of SmackDown in Boston, Massachusetts.

After Goldberg's title win, it was teased on commentary that he'll also be appearing on SmackDown tomorrow.

Wyatt had been Universal Champion since defeating Seth Rollins at Crown Jewel in October 2019.

This is the second time Goldberg has held the Universal title. He was Universal Champion for less than a month in 2017, winning the title from Kevin Owens at Fastlane and losing it to Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 33.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Re: Goldberg wins Universal title at WWE Super ShowDown

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 27th, '20, 20:35

OMFG they wasted The Fiend's first loss on a second nostaliga run with the belt for Oldberg.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 28th, '20, 09:26

Big Red Machine wrote: Feb 27th, '20, 20:35 OMFG they wasted The Fiend's first loss on a second nostaliga run with the belt for Oldberg.
on a saudi house show. on a squash match.

this is really detrimental considering how Fiend squashed and killed people all year. This is Punk vs Rock, or Owens vs Goldberg all over again.

Thelone

Post by Thelone » Feb 28th, '20, 13:14

But... Roman's billionth coronation and stuff. We swear it'll work this time!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 28th, '20, 13:30

cero2k wrote: Feb 28th, '20, 09:26
Big Red Machine wrote: Feb 27th, '20, 20:35 OMFG they wasted The Fiend's first loss on a second nostaliga run with the belt for Oldberg.
on a saudi house show. on a squash match.

this is really detrimental considering how Fiend squashed and killed people all year. This is Punk vs Rock, or Owens vs Goldberg all over again.
It's actually worse. Punk vs. Rock was at least a competitive match, and Owens vs. Goldberg both didn't involve sacrificing a character they had been building up by feeding so many others to, and also at least had the courtesy to give Owens a distraction in the form of Jericho.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Feb 28th, '20, 13:56

I think the real thing here is about reading between the lines. There's no way Wyatt vs Cena would end without Cena winning the title so instead of they just take it out the equation...I mean that first bit is GUARANTEED lmao.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 28th, '20, 14:21

KILLdozer wrote: Feb 28th, '20, 13:56 I think the real thing here is about reading between the lines. There's no way Wyatt vs Cena would end without Cena winning the title so instead of they just take it out the equation...I mean that first bit is GUARANTEED lmao.
Your forgetting the fact that the original plan was Roman vs. Wyatt. They want to put the belt on Roman again but realized that he would get the sh*t booed out of him if they had him beat The Fiend, so they had Goldberg beat The Fiend and are counting on people being so angry at Goldberg that they will cheer for Roman against him. We're right back to where we were. The attempts to manipulate the crowd to get them to cheer Roman will never end.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Feb 28th, '20, 14:46

Best decision
F*ck new stars
Only old stars
Consume more products
McMahon is God
Praise be to Goldberg
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 28th, '20, 14:48

NWK2000 wrote: Feb 28th, '20, 14:46 Best decision
F*ck new stars
Only old stars
Consume more products
McMahon is God
Praise be to Goldberg
I was curious on what your take on this would be, seeing as how you are both our #1 Fiend fan and also our #1 lover of old guys getting pushed just for nostalgia.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Feb 28th, '20, 14:57

Big Red Machine wrote: Feb 28th, '20, 14:48
F*ck new stars
Only old stars
Consume more products
McMahon is God
Praise be to Goldberg
I was curious on what your take on this would be, seeing as how you are both our #1 Fiend fan and also our #1 lover of old guys getting pushed just for nostalgia.

I just think it's hilarious. WWE broadcasts with a Bat-signal so powerful you can see it from space that they do not give a shit about what online fans think , yet people will cry about it for a month or two and continue to subscribe to the network, go to shows, and buy the merch, which gives it a bizarre Star Trek mirror universe quality as any other TV show aims for viewer satisfaction. . If you look at WWE from a "how completely absurdist/antagonistic could the booking possibly get?" Especially around the Saudi shows/ Mania season, WWE is the most entertaining thing on television.
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Feb 28th, '20, 19:06

NWK2000 wrote: Feb 28th, '20, 14:57
Big Red Machine wrote: Feb 28th, '20, 14:48
F*ck new stars
Only old stars
Consume more products
McMahon is God
Praise be to Goldberg

I just think it's hilarious. WWE broadcasts with a Bat-signal so powerful you can see it from space that they do not give a shit about what online fans think , yet people will cry about it for a month or two and continue to subscribe to the network, go to shows, and buy the merch, which gives it a bizarre Star Trek mirror universe quality as any other TV show aims for viewer satisfaction. . If you look at WWE from a "how completely absurdist/antagonistic could the booking possibly get?" Especially around the Saudi shows/ Mania season, WWE is the most entertaining thing on television.
That's exactly right lmao. At this point it's all on purpose.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Feb 28th, '20, 20:36

Big Red Machine wrote: Feb 28th, '20, 14:21 They want to put the belt on Roman again but realized that he would get the sh*t booed out of him if they had him beat The Fiend, so they had Goldberg beat The Fiend and are counting on people being so angry at Goldberg that they will cheer for Roman against him. We're right back to where we were. The attempts to manipulate the crowd to get them to cheer Roman will never end.
I never considered this aspect of it. I've been stuck on, Seth Rollins... the guy that beats Lesnar sometimes... piled chairs on top of The Fiend and beat on him with a sledgehammer and Bray still got up laughing... where do you go from there? It makes sense that they'd go with the guy that beat Lesnar in record time. I'm not happy about it, I hated the fact the match was booked, but it was at least some logic.

Your logic makes more sense, but is also more frustrating.

I remember a time when Vince gave up on guys after they turned 40...

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Feb 28th, '20, 21:19

Bob-O wrote: Feb 28th, '20, 20:36
Big Red Machine wrote: Feb 28th, '20, 14:21 They want to put the belt on Roman again but realized that he would get the sh*t booed out of him if they had him beat The Fiend, so they had Goldberg beat The Fiend and are counting on people being so angry at Goldberg that they will cheer for Roman against him. We're right back to where we were. The attempts to manipulate the crowd to get them to cheer Roman will never end.
I never considered this aspect of it. I've been stuck on, Seth Rollins... the guy that beats Lesnar sometimes... piled chairs on top of The Fiend and beat on him with a sledgehammer and Bray still got up laughing... where do you go from there? It makes sense that they'd go with the guy that beat Lesnar in record time. I'm not happy about it, I hated the fact the match was booked, but it was at least some logic.

Your logic makes more sense, but is also more frustrating.

I remember a time when Vince gave up on guys after they turned 40...
It really seemed like they were done witb the whole "Reigns over everybody " thing too lmao.