Tell it to the world!!
Big Red Machine

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 2nd, '20, 12:59

NWK2000 wrote: Mar 2nd, '20, 12:44
Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 2nd, '20, 10:18
cero2k wrote: Feb 28th, '20, 12:18

This is a bad marketing campaign, and here's why:
All of the cool stuff they make you want to do with the Jericho figure requires removing it from the box.
People who keep their collectibles in their boxes or put them in displays and don't use them as intended (posing/playing with action figures, reading comics) are stupid idiots, and I'll die on that hill. If you don't attempt to set up your Jericho figure the way the manufacturer intended that's your problem.
Incorrect. Keeping them in the box is dumb (unless the box is REALLY cool). The correct way to use them is to set up elaborate displays in cases, which you can change every six months or so if you get tired of admiring your own artistic greatness.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 2nd, '20, 13:07

Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 2nd, '20, 12:59

Incorrect. Keeping them in the box is dumb (unless the box is REALLY cool). The correct way to use them is to set up elaborate displays in cases, which you can change every six months or so if you get tired of admiring your own artistic greatness.
touchee, i've been out of the action figure game for too long

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 2nd, '20, 19:06

cero2k wrote: Mar 2nd, '20, 13:07
Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 2nd, '20, 12:59

touchee, i've been out of the action figure game for too long
I grew up as a kid who loved playing with Brio trains. You set up a really cool track, you send the trains around it for a while, then you take it down and build another really cool track. Action figures should be the same way. Kurt Angle in the box is boring. Kurt Angle putting Jericho in an ankle lock while Edge, suspended with strings from the top of the case, is about to nail him from behind with a dropkick is cool.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 3rd, '20, 18:18

((walks away silently))

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Mar 11th, '20, 07:20

Cero...

Lucha is confusing.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 11th, '20, 08:39

Bob-O wrote: Mar 11th, '20, 07:20 Cero...

Lucha is confusing.

and there is now a Mistico III, Myztezyz II i think

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Mar 11th, '20, 09:18

There has to be a Fake Razor/Fake Diesel reaction, right? I have trouble believing the fans wouldn't notice...

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 11th, '20, 09:20

Bob-O wrote: Mar 11th, '20, 09:18 There has to be a Fake Razor/Fake Diesel reaction, right? I have trouble believing the fans wouldn't notice...
for the most part, they've even done ceremonies and press conferences to give out the new masks, they don't just pretend nothing happened. With Sin Cara and OG Mistico, it was more because they jumped promotions and those promotions owned the rights to the names.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 13th, '20, 12:13

this show will have a full card, i don't know where they're wrestling, maybe their living room?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 13th, '20, 13:31

cero2k wrote: Mar 13th, '20, 12:13 this show will have a full card, i don't know where they're wrestling, maybe their living room?

Maybe they're trying to one-up RVD, Katie Forbes, and Jen Barlow getting TNA kicked off of Twitch?

Also... Ospreay wins because NJPW won't let him the job.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 13th, '20, 13:57

Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 13th, '20, 13:31 Maybe they're trying to one-up RVD, Katie Forbes, and Jen Barlow getting TNA kicked off of Twitch?

decision will come all the way from BUSHIROAD

also....did you know those ladies' names by memory?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 13th, '20, 15:15

cero2k wrote: Mar 13th, '20, 13:57
Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 13th, '20, 13:31 Maybe they're trying to one-up RVD, Katie Forbes, and Jen Barlow getting TNA kicked off of Twitch?

decision will come all the way from BUSHIROAD

also....did you know those ladies' names by memory?
Forbes yes, because she's been dating RVD (and thus getting booked indies he has worked) for a while. Barlow I had to look up.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Apr 1st, '20, 14:36

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 2nd, '20, 20:19

cero2k wrote: Apr 1st, '20, 14:36
They couldn't even afford the full 18 tigers to make it even? What f*cking rinky-dink operation AEW is.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 12th, '20, 23:28

So Ronda said this:
“I love WWE -- I had such a great time. I love all the girls in the locker room. Like hell yeah, running out there, having fake fights for fun is just the best thing. I love choreography, I love acting, I love theater. It’s live theater. It’s one of the last forms of live theater, and it’s so fun. But I was basically doing it part time, and I was away from home over 200 days out of the year... Whenever I was home, I wasn’t even home when I was home. I was basically just trying to recover enough to be able to get through the next stint of being gone. It was just not worth it for my family. Because we were eliminating all of our expenses and living this lifestyle, we didn’t need it. We didn’t need the money. So it’s just like, what am I doing it for if I’m not being able to spend my time and energy on my family, but instead spending my time and energy on a bunch of f*cking ungrateful fans that don’t even appreciate me. I love performing. I love the girls. I love being out there, but at the end of the day I was just like f*ck these fans, dude. My family loves me and they appreciate me. I want all my energy to go into them. So that was my decision at the end of the day. It’s like, ‘Hey girls, love what you’re doing. I’m gonna try and take all my momentum and push you guys as far as I can -- fly little birds, fly! I’m going f*cking home!’ And that was basically it. If I ever do come back, it will never be at a full-time capacity ever again. I think like for stints, for chunks of time. No, I’ll never be full time again over 200 days a year on the road like that ever again.”
Which resulted in angry respones from Bliss ( Lana ( and Jax (

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Apr 13th, '20, 07:31

everyone trying to get that first ronda feud

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Apr 13th, '20, 11:42

Big Red Machine wrote: Apr 12th, '20, 23:28 So Ronda said this:
“I love WWE -- I had such a great time. I love all the girls in the locker room. Like hell yeah, running out there, having fake fights for fun is just the best thing. I love choreography, I love acting, I love theater. It’s live theater. It’s one of the last forms of live theater, and it’s so fun. But I was basically doing it part time, and I was away from home over 200 days out of the year... Whenever I was home, I wasn’t even home when I was home. I was basically just trying to recover enough to be able to get through the next stint of being gone. It was just not worth it for my family. Because we were eliminating all of our expenses and living this lifestyle, we didn’t need it. We didn’t need the money. So it’s just like, what am I doing it for if I’m not being able to spend my time and energy on my family, but instead spending my time and energy on a bunch of f*cking ungrateful fans that don’t even appreciate me. I love performing. I love the girls. I love being out there, but at the end of the day I was just like f*ck these fans, dude. My family loves me and they appreciate me. I want all my energy to go into them. So that was my decision at the end of the day. It’s like, ‘Hey girls, love what you’re doing. I’m gonna try and take all my momentum and push you guys as far as I can -- fly little birds, fly! I’m going f*cking home!’ And that was basically it. If I ever do come back, it will never be at a full-time capacity ever again. I think like for stints, for chunks of time. No, I’ll never be full time again over 200 days a year on the road like that ever again.”
Which resulted in angry respones from Bliss ( Lana ( and Jax (
She says over and over again about "full time and not ever doing full time again, full time full time", when at the very beginning of it she says literally "I was basically doing it part time. "

🙄
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Apr 13th, '20, 22:33

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Apr 14th, '20, 09:09

An open letter from President Harold Meij
src: https://www.njpw1972.com/74069
As I’m sure you’re aware, last week we announced the cancellation of the remainder of the events on the Road to Dontaku Tour. Our latest 12 cancellations from April 19 in Korakuen to May 4 in Fukuoka join other events already cancelled from March 1 onward.

I know how much of a disappointment this is to fans who were looking forward to attending these events. Ticket holders are all being refunded however, and as we closely monitor the situation with regards to events after May 4, ticket sales have been suspended or delayed accordingly to make the process as easy as possible for fans.

NJPW have been taking the ongoing global situation very seriously from an early stage. Currently over 90% of our employees are working from home as we continue to do our civic duty as a company to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We, like you, are disappointed and frustrated at not being able to present the best professional wrestling on the planet on a live basis at the current moment in time.

As a result, we want you to join us in preventing the spread of this disease. Please wash your hands and gargle regularly. If you’re in essential work, we sincerely appreciate you and ask that you take precautions to stay safe and healthy; otherwise, please stay home and watch the wealth of content available as part of the NJPW World Together Project, from archived matches with English commentary for the first time to the fantastic My Dad Is A Heel Wrestler movie. Together we can make a powerful tag team that can kick out of this, or any other crisis.

We are always proud of the greatest fan base in the world. Particularly in this uncertain environment, we are especially grateful to fans that have shown their support for New Japan Pro-Wrestling even without being able to see live events. Every Tokon Shop customer and NJPW World subscriber has our deepest gratitude, and the appreciation of every single NJPW staff member and wrestler.

Make no mistake: we will get through this together. I firmly believe that the fighting spirit of New Japan Pro-Wrestling is one that can overcome any opposition. I look forward to the day the greatest wrestlers in the world can show that spirit in the ring once more.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Apr 21st, '20, 11:06