Luther officially signs with AEW, working in-ring and behind the scenes

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

Luther officially signs with AEW, working in-ring and behind the scenes

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 13th, '20, 14:08

Source: www.F4WOnline.com

By Joseph Currier | @josephcurrier | Mar 12, 2020 8:16 am

Following his debut for the promotion earlier this year, Dr. Luther has officially signed a contract with AEW.

Chris Jericho announced Luther's signing in a post on Instagram. Jericho wrote that Luther will be working both in the ring and behind the scenes:

After 30 years of riding the roads and taking bumps worldwide, @dr.luther signed his first national US contract today w @allelitewrestling! #Luther has impressed a lot of people over the last 4 months and finally was rewarded with the chance of a lifetime, not just in the ring but in the @aewontnt office as well. Can’t think of anybody more deserving of this shot and even tho he is one of my closest friends, be warned...he’s gonna TEAR OFF SOME FACES in #AEW! #PrayForBlood #OriginalDeathDealer #LovelyLads

Though the group has since disbanded, Luther debuted as part of the Nightmare Collective on the January 8 episode of Dynamite. The stable also featured Brandi Rhodes, Awesome Kong, and Mel.

Luther had his first match for AEW on the AEW Dark episode that aired on February 28. He defeated Sonny Kiss, with Luther then bailing when Jimmy Havoc made a save for Kiss after the match.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Luther officially signs with AEW, working in-ring and behind the scenes

Post by cero2k » Mar 13th, '20, 14:22

I started watching some old FMW matches of Dr. Luther. I can see the appeal of him for those who knew of him back then, definitely a 'cult classic' type of guy. Maybe he'll find a better character/story going forward.