Styles to face Undertaker in boneyard match at WWE WrestleMania 36

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

Styles to face Undertaker in boneyard match at WWE WrestleMania 36

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 23rd, '20, 21:10

Source: www.F4WOnline.com

By Joseph Currier | @josephcurrier | Mar 23, 2020 7:49 pm

The first-ever "boneyard match" will be part of the WrestleMania 36 card.

WWE has added the boneyard match stipulation to The Undertaker vs. AJ Styles at WrestleMania. The stipulation hasn't been explained further, but WrestleMania is being taped at multiple locations in addition to the Performance Center. All of the locations will be closed sets with only essential personnel in attendance.

Styles, Luke Gallows, and Karl Anderson appeared on tonight's Raw, with Styles cutting a promo mocking The Undertaker and Michelle McCool. Styles said he was going to bring back the Deadman and then challenged Undertaker to the boneyard match.

Styles brought up that he said he was going to bury The Undertaker. Styles said he had the perfect plot picked out for Undertaker -- and it's the same one McCool picked out when she buried his career.

The boneyard match stipulation was then officially announced later on tonight's show.

WrestleMania 36 is airing on the WWE Network across two nights on Saturday, April 4 and Sunday, April 5.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Re: Styles to face Undertaker in boneyard match at WWE WrestleMania 36

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 23rd, '20, 21:12

Time to play the stipulation guessing game! What do we think the rules of this match will be?

I'm leaning towards Buried Alive, but it's possible that that's just a match type they won't do nowadays (and, personally, I'd agree that they shouldn't because it's weird).

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

XIV

Post by XIV » Mar 24th, '20, 04:58

Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 23rd, '20, 21:12 Time to play the stipulation guessing game! What do we think the rules of this match will be?

I'm leaning towards Buried Alive, but it's possible that that's just a match type they won't do nowadays (and, personally, I'd agree that they shouldn't because it's weird).
I reckon it will be a match done outside in a graveyard-like setup, buried alive style. Probably directed in a similar fashion to that infamous Orton vs Wyatt match.
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 24th, '20, 05:44

XIV wrote: Mar 24th, '20, 04:58
Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 23rd, '20, 21:12 Time to play the stipulation guessing game! What do we think the rules of this match will be?

I reckon it will be a match done outside in a graveyard-like setup, buried alive style. Probably directed in a similar fashion to that infamous Orton vs Wyatt match.
My hope is that they've learned their lesson from that, and if it's a pre-taped, outside thing, it will be more along the lines of Piper vs. Goldust. Then again, this is WWE we're talking about. Learning their lesson is not their strong suit.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 24th, '20, 11:01

i'm gonna tell you exactly what's gonna happen. Since the storyline is that AJ wants the deadman and not mark, the match is going to start as AJ vs American Badass. then AJ is gonna throw him into a grave and 'bury him', and then deadman undertaker is gonna come out and beat AJ with one tombstone.

XIV

Post by XIV » Mar 24th, '20, 11:01

Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 24th, '20, 05:44
XIV wrote: Mar 24th, '20, 04:58

Then again, this is WWE we're talking about. Learning their lesson is not their strong suit.
Which is why I full expect the idea above.
Have A Nice Day!

XIV

Post by XIV » Mar 24th, '20, 11:02

cero2k wrote: Mar 24th, '20, 11:01 i'm gonna tell you exactly what's gonna happen. Since the storyline is that AJ wants the deadman and not mark, the match is going to start as AJ vs American Badass. then AJ is gonna throw him into a grave and 'bury him', and then deadman undertaker is gonna come out and beat AJ with one tombstone.
This would at least be half interesting.
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 24th, '20, 11:30

XIV wrote: Mar 24th, '20, 11:02
cero2k wrote: Mar 24th, '20, 11:01 i'm gonna tell you exactly what's gonna happen. Since the storyline is that AJ wants the deadman and not mark, the match is going to start as AJ vs American Badass. then AJ is gonna throw him into a grave and 'bury him', and then deadman undertaker is gonna come out and beat AJ with one tombstone.
This would at least be half interesting.
Yeah. That would be a much more acceptable use of the technology to me. I wouldn't have minded someone falling into the Lake of Reincarnation during one of the Broken Hardys tapes it was actually important to the story of the match.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Mar 25th, '20, 09:43

XIV wrote: Mar 24th, '20, 04:58 I reckon it will be a match done outside in a graveyard-like setup, buried alive style. Probably directed in a similar fashion to that infamous Orton vs Wyatt match.
I believe this to be true.
Close. Without any spoilers, here's what I believe to be going down.

They'll be filming this outside Dixie Carter's home without informing her. When the nightgown clad Dixie emerges asking what they're doing in her yard, The Undertaker will inform her that this is HIS yard. The two will go back and forth about who actually owns the home, with Dixie retrieving utility bills addressed to her asking Undertaker if he even has any mail coming to this address. Undertaker declares that she might own the house, but it's his "yard". Dixie continues to reject this claim, Undertaker wonders "how many more times does he have to piss out here before it's his", while we can see AJ Styles through Dixie's living room window scrolling through Disney Plus.

Dixie wins the 24/7 Championship and breaks the fourth wall by asking the camera man and mic operator if they'd like to come inside for pie.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 25th, '20, 09:51

Bob-O wrote: Mar 25th, '20, 09:43

They'll be filming this outside Dixie Carter's home without informing her. When the nightgown clad Dixie emerges asking what they're doing in her yard, The Undertaker will inform her that this is HIS yard. The two will go back and forth about who actually owns the home, with Dixie retrieving utility bills addressed to her asking Undertaker if he even has any mail coming to this address. Undertaker declares that she might own the house, but it's his "yard". Dixie continues to reject this claim, Undertaker wonders "how many more times does he have to piss out here before it's his", while we can see AJ Styles through Dixie's living room window scrolling through Disney Plus.

Dixie wins the 24/7 Championship and breaks the fourth wall by asking the camera man and mic operator if they'd like to come inside for pie.
While obviously the person on this board who I most often ask myself "why does this person not have a job booking a major promotion yet?" is me, things like this make Bob-O the definite #2.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Mar 25th, '20, 20:59

Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 25th, '20, 09:51

While obviously the person on this board who I most often ask myself "why does this person not have a job booking a major promotion yet?" is me, things like this make Bob-O the definite #2.
Nawh because you're too uptight and overly critical at times 🤷‍♂️
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

XIV

Post by XIV » Mar 26th, '20, 04:43

Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 25th, '20, 09:51

Reading Bob-O's version is already more entertaining than the actual event is likely to be...
Have A Nice Day!

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Mar 26th, '20, 15:53

One way or another-to me the match just sounds like some sort gimmick match related to American Badass. Is it just me or does it scream that character more than the Deadman? I personally hope we see the return of the former just because the time for it is obviously running out.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 26th, '20, 15:55

KILLdozer wrote: Mar 26th, '20, 15:53 One way or another-to me the match just sounds like some sort gimmick match related to American Badass. Is it just me or does it scream that character more than the Deadman? I personally hope we see the return of the former just because the time for it is obviously running out.
It can go either way, which I think it the point.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation