2 Cents: Broken Skull Sessions

Get your opinions out
Forum rules
All Topics must start with "2 cents:" continued by the wrestler, event, segment, match being talked about.

example:
2 cents: John Cena
cero2k
Site Admin

2 Cents: Broken Skull Sessions

Post by cero2k » Mar 30th, '20, 13:52

Not sure if you'll have already seen these, it's that Stone Cold show on the network. What do you guys think of them?

I've only watched the Undertaker one, I thought it was great aside from hearing Taker's actual voice.

NWK2000

Re: 2 Cents: Broken Skull Sessions

Post by NWK2000 » Mar 30th, '20, 21:25

cero2k wrote: Mar 30th, '20, 13:52 Not sure if you'll have already seen these, it's that Stone Cold show on the network. What do you guys think of them?

I've only watched the Undertaker one, I thought it was great aside from hearing Taker's actual voice.
I know everyone says this about people they like, but Stone Cold is just the kind of guy you'd shoot the shit with, and that's what they are, shooting the shit. I love shoots that don't go for outright burials or are engineered for malicious soundbytes (which I think "Tries His Hardest" is my favorite shoot of all time)
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Mar 30th, '20, 21:47

Seen them all. Quite entertaining and the Kane one was also great.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 30th, '20, 22:25

NWK2000 wrote: Mar 30th, '20, 21:25
cero2k wrote: Mar 30th, '20, 13:52 Not sure if you'll have already seen these, it's that Stone Cold show on the network. What do you guys think of them?

I know everyone says this about people they like, but Stone Cold is just the kind of guy you'd shoot the shit with, and that's what they are, shooting the shit. I love shoots that don't go for outright burials or are engineered for malicious soundbytes (which I think "Tries His Hardest" is my favorite shoot of all time)
the best interviews/shoots will always be the ones of two dudes chilling, that's why Colt Cabana's was a success and why I think the first Stone Cold one failed on the network

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 30th, '20, 22:27

KILLdozer wrote: Mar 30th, '20, 21:47 Seen them all. Quite entertaining and the Kane one was also great.
just finished that one, it was great too. was kinda hoping for more stories from the road or backstage, considering he worked with soo many people throughout the years, but i guess he's really not that type of guy to become part of kliqs and such

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Mar 31st, '20, 00:21

cero2k wrote: Mar 30th, '20, 22:27
KILLdozer wrote: Mar 30th, '20, 21:47 Seen them all. Quite entertaining and the Kane one was also great.
just finished that one, it was great too. was kinda hoping for more stories from the road or backstage, considering he worked with soo many people throughout the years, but i guess he's really not that type of guy to become part of kliqs and such
Nawh he was the smart with money type.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Mar 31st, '20, 00:23

The Stone Cold podcast ones were great too, but they're very dated lol.

I forget which one had Heyman and they acted like they were doing some kinda shoot "get pissec off " bunch of bullshit.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 31st, '20, 07:39

KILLdozer wrote: Mar 31st, '20, 00:23 The Stone Cold podcast ones were great too, but they're very dated lol.

I forget which one had Heyman and they acted like they were doing some kinda shoot "get pissec off " bunch of bullshit.
i felt a big difference here. the old ones felt more like WWE telling him who to book and kinda what to talk about, and here, it really just felt like Stone Cold asked the dudes he likes and respects and was talking over some drinks

XIV

Post by XIV » Apr 2nd, '20, 10:24

Brock Lesnar one is really good and insightful into him. I highly recommend that one.

The Vince one is also really great
Have A Nice Day!

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Apr 2nd, '20, 11:09

XIV wrote: Apr 2nd, '20, 10:24 Brock Lesnar one is really good and insightful into him. I highly recommend that one.

those are the old stone cold podcasts, right? he didn't do them again for the new show

XIV

Post by XIV » Apr 4th, '20, 23:02

cero2k wrote: Apr 2nd, '20, 11:09
XIV wrote: Apr 2nd, '20, 10:24 Brock Lesnar one is really good and insightful into him. I highly recommend that one.

those are the old stone cold podcasts, right? he didn't do them again for the new show
I don’t have the network, so I’m unaware there was a difference, but yeah, they’re probably a few years old now.
Have A Nice Day!

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Apr 5th, '20, 01:37

I know there's a Vince Mcmahon one where he mentions the "Cm punk got fired on his wedding day, sorry, unintentional.", and that's of course the podcast stuff...I'm not sure if there's Broken Skull with Vince also...but probably not. I know there was Kane, and Undertaker I think when I saw it and that wasn't many more. Maybe Triple H and Shawn Michaels, perhaps Foley.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Apr 5th, '20, 08:31

KILLdozer wrote: Apr 5th, '20, 01:37 I know there's a Vince Mcmahon one where he mentions the "Cm punk got fired on his wedding day, sorry, unintentional.", and that's of course the podcast stuff...I'm not sure if there's Broken Skull with Vince also...but probably not. I know there was Kane, and Undertaker I think when I saw it and that wasn't many more. Maybe Triple H and Shawn Michaels, perhaps Foley.
from what i've seen, it's Taker, Kane, Goldberg, Big Show, and Bret. and I thiiiiiinnnkkkk there's a Ric Flair one coming

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 5th, '20, 09:17

cero2k wrote: Apr 5th, '20, 08:31
KILLdozer wrote: Apr 5th, '20, 01:37 I know there's a Vince Mcmahon one where he mentions the "Cm punk got fired on his wedding day, sorry, unintentional.", and that's of course the podcast stuff...I'm not sure if there's Broken Skull with Vince also...but probably not. I know there was Kane, and Undertaker I think when I saw it and that wasn't many more. Maybe Triple H and Shawn Michaels, perhaps Foley.
from what i've seen, it's Taker, Kane, Goldberg, Big Show, and Bret. and I thiiiiiinnnkkkk there's a Ric Flair one coming
Don't get your hopes up for the Kane one. If it's anything like his book, it's going to either be a bunch of WWE ass-kissing, or a completely facile look at Libertarian.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Apr 5th, '20, 11:30

Big Red Machine wrote: Apr 5th, '20, 09:17

Don't get your hopes up for the Kane one. If it's anything like his book, it's going to either be a bunch of WWE ass-kissing, or a completely facile look at Libertarian.
There was some ass kissing, but it wasn't that bad, they talked about his upbringing, his attire, his debut, brothers of destruction, unmasking.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Apr 5th, '20, 11:35

XIV wrote: Apr 4th, '20, 23:02
I don’t have the network, so I’m unaware there was a difference, but yeah, they’re probably a few years old now.
yeah, there's a new one, i also don't have the network, only been able to find the taker and kane ones online.

this is the one

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Apr 5th, '20, 16:09

Big Red Machine wrote: Apr 5th, '20, 09:17
cero2k wrote: Apr 5th, '20, 08:31
WRONG. Seen it months ago, it's pretty much an in-depth look at the past retrospectively. Of course they talk about the beginning of Kane and his pre-WWF days a good bit.