'Impact in 60' premiering on AXS TV next month

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

'Impact in 60' premiering on AXS TV next month

Post by cero2k » May 20th, '20, 13:07

src: https://www.f4wonline.com/tna-news/impa ... nth-311411

A new series focusing on past Impact Wrestling/TNA content is coming to AXS TV next month.

AXS TV announced today that "Impact in 60" will premiere on Tuesday, June 2 at 10 p.m. Eastern time/7 p.m. Pacific time, which is immediately after Impact airs. Impact in 60 "chronicles the promotion’s celebrated 18-year history under the IMPACT and TNA: Total Nonstop Action banners. Headlined by some of the greatest champions to enter the ring, each episode features a collection of full matches showcasing a different wrestler, championships, factions or match types."

“Thanks to the tremendous feedback from fans of IMPACT on AXS TV and the success of our first TNA television special, we are taking a great step forward to bolster the IMPACT Wrestling Tuesday night block,” IMPACT executive vice president Scott D’Amore said in a press release. “From the thousands of hours of thrilling action in our library, we created IMPACT in 60 to celebrate the legacy of the incredible performers who have competed for us and provide a fun trip down memory lane for the TNA faithful.”

The Best of the Asylum Years will be the debut episode of Impact in 60. It will feature matches with AJ Styles, Raven, and more.

AXS TV also announced details for the other June episodes of Impact in 60:
The June schedule also includes a look at the revolutionary high-flying X-Division Championship featuring Jay Lethal and Christopher Daniels (June 9), the greatest IMPACT World Heavyweight Title matches with Kurt Angle and Austin Aries (June 16), the legendary stable Aces & Eights including the show-stopping Bully Ray vs. Jeff Hardy match (June 23), and wrestling legend Mick Foley’s most epic battles against Sting, Samoa Joe and more (June 30).

Big Red Machine

Re: 'Impact in 60' premiering on AXS TV next month

Post by Big Red Machine » May 20th, '20, 13:14

Maybe this is a market-specific issue, but here in the NYC market "X in 60" is what they call the abbreviated version of the Rangers/Knicks/Islanders/Devils games that they air about an hour after the game ends, so when I first read "Impact in 60," my first thought was that it was going to be a highlight/recap show.

I'm a little shocked that they didn't go with something more blunt that it was a "watch cool stuff from and learn about the promotion's past" kind of show.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 20th, '20, 13:24

Big Red Machine wrote: May 20th, '20, 13:14 Maybe this is a market-specific issue, but here in the NYC market "X in 60" is what they call the abbreviated version of the Rangers/Knicks/Islanders/Devils games that they air about an hour after the game ends, so when I first read "Impact in 60," my first thought was that it was going to be a highlight/recap show.

I'm a little shocked that they didn't go with something more blunt that it was a "watch cool stuff from and learn about the promotion's past" kind of show.
Jimmy Jacobs and Don Callis recently started a post-show recap/commentary show on social media, my first impression was that it would be that, but i guess not.

I really don't know how much longevity can a 'history' show have to be honest, they better have an interesting hook for it, maybe bringing back the people involved or something, or at least change the hosts, idk

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 20th, '20, 19:44

cero2k wrote: May 20th, '20, 13:24
Big Red Machine wrote: May 20th, '20, 13:14 Maybe this is a market-specific issue, but here in the NYC market "X in 60" is what they call the abbreviated version of the Rangers/Knicks/Islanders/Devils games that they air about an hour after the game ends, so when I first read "Impact in 60," my first thought was that it was going to be a highlight/recap show.

Jimmy Jacobs and Don Callis recently started a post-show recap/commentary show on social media, my first impression was that it would be that, but i guess not.

I really don't know how much longevity can a 'history' show have to be honest, they better have an interesting hook for it, maybe bringing back the people involved or something, or at least change the hosts, idk
My guess is that the hook is going to be AJ Styles, Low Ki, etc.

Any word on if they're getting paid for this? Even if it's a barter deal it's good for them, but if they're getting paid, it's possible that this is not what they really want the show to be but rather just something they can fill time with until they can run tapings again (or maybe until they can get back to a regular schedule because they don't want to overtax their roster by adding an extra one-hour show to every week of Impact they need to tape when they tapings).
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 20th, '20, 20:23

Big Red Machine wrote: May 20th, '20, 19:44
My guess is that the hook is going to be AJ Styles, Low Ki, etc.

Any word on if they're getting paid for this? Even if it's a barter deal it's good for them, but if they're getting paid, it's possible that this is not what they really want the show to be but rather just something they can fill time with until they can run tapings again (or maybe until they can get back to a regular schedule because they don't want to overtax their roster by adding an extra one-hour show to every week of Impact they need to tape when they tapings).
well, Anthem owns both AXS and Impact, so technically yes?

Impact already has some of the talent doing hours in the Twitch stream where they talk about stuff or rewatch old TNA stuff. If they can get like 3 or 4 people, D'Amore/Callis included, to send out like 5 minutes of thoughts about a certain match or PPV, they can easily edit little documentaries.