WWE Raw ratings down slightly, update on SmackDown number, Interesting AEW Ratings Note

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Post Reply
User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 24989
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12

WWE Raw ratings down slightly, update on SmackDown number, Interesting AEW Ratings Note

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 3rd, '20, 09:04

https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/wwe- ... ber-312431

By Dave Meltzer | @davemeltzerWON | Jun 2, 2020 3:32 pm

With the competition of the news and a huge increase in Titan Games, Raw ended up barely below last week's second-lowest mark in history, averaging 1.73 million viewers, down from 1.74 million last week.

The difference was actually the larger drop in the third hour as compared to last week, with a more normal 13.2 percent first-to-third hour decline. The first two hours were slightly ahead of the first two hours last week.

Raw did a 0.49 in 18-49, placing it 13th in the demo behind 11 news shows and Below Deck Mediterranean on Bravo which did 0.55.

Titan Games on NBC against the first hour of Raw did 4,152,000 viewers, a 21 percent increase from week one, even with the intense news that dominated the day.

Raw was overall only 42nd in viewership on cable, but of the shows that beat it, only two were entertainment shows, both episodes of 90 Day Fiance on TLC.

As far as the usual first-to-third hour viewer decline, it was 22 percent in women 18-49, 20 percent in men 18-49, 22 percent in teenage girls, and eight percent in teenage boys. The overall number would have been much worse but the first-to-third hour decline was only six percent in over 50, which is the company's prime viewing audience these days.

Total viewers were down 29 percent from the same week last year.

The record low for Raw in the modern era was on May 4 with 1.68 million viewers and 0.46 in 18-49. This week's third hour of 1.57 million viewers was the second lowest of the modern era, behind hour three on May 4 that did 1.55 million.

A few other notes. The ratings for SmackDown on Friday have been updated. Even the number in yesterday's update of 2,170,000 viewers included markets where SmackDown did not air due to news coverage. The actual final number for SmackDown was 2,054,000 viewers, more along the lines of previous weeks, but given the news coverage dominating the night, it should be considered a decent number all things considered.

In addition, AEW Dynamite from this past Wednesday did 1.46 viewers per home. This would be the largest number of any pro wrestling show in recent memory. Essentially that means in homes that AEW was on television, that more families watched the show together on average as compared to every other pro wrestling show, or MMA show for that matter, in months.

The three hours for Raw last night were:

8 p.m. 1.81 million viewers
9 p.m. 1.80 million viewers
10 p.m. 1.57 million viewers
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Northern Gate
CHIKARA Hot Off the Griddle

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 19684
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32

Re: WWE Raw ratings down slightly, update on SmackDown number, Interesting AEW Ratings Note

Post by cero2k » Jun 3rd, '20, 18:15

Big Red Machine wrote:
Jun 3rd, '20, 09:04


In addition, AEW Dynamite from this past Wednesday did 1.46 viewers per home. This would be the largest number of any pro wrestling show in recent memory. Essentially that means in homes that AEW was on television, that more families watched the show together on average as compared to every other pro wrestling show, or MMA show for that matter, in months.
are retirement homes not considered families!?

User avatar
Serujuunin
Posts: 2425
Joined: Dec 17th, '10, 19:56

Re: WWE Raw ratings down slightly, update on SmackDown number, Interesting AEW Ratings Note

Post by Serujuunin » Jun 3rd, '20, 18:50

cero2k wrote:
Jun 3rd, '20, 18:15
Big Red Machine wrote:
Jun 3rd, '20, 09:04


In addition, AEW Dynamite from this past Wednesday did 1.46 viewers per home. This would be the largest number of any pro wrestling show in recent memory. Essentially that means in homes that AEW was on television, that more families watched the show together on average as compared to every other pro wrestling show, or MMA show for that matter, in months.
are retirement homes not considered families!?
How do they know viewers per home? That seems kinda strange to me.

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 24989
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12

Re: WWE Raw ratings down slightly, update on SmackDown number, Interesting AEW Ratings Note

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 3rd, '20, 19:00

Serujuunin wrote:
Jun 3rd, '20, 18:50
cero2k wrote:
Jun 3rd, '20, 18:15
Big Red Machine wrote:
Jun 3rd, '20, 09:04


In addition, AEW Dynamite from this past Wednesday did 1.46 viewers per home. This would be the largest number of any pro wrestling show in recent memory. Essentially that means in homes that AEW was on television, that more families watched the show together on average as compared to every other pro wrestling show, or MMA show for that matter, in months.
are retirement homes not considered families!?
How do they know viewers per home? That seems kinda strange to me.
I believe that most of these things are self-reported by Nielsen families.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Northern Gate
CHIKARA Hot Off the Griddle

User avatar
KILLdozer
Posts: 5889
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 22:54

Re: WWE Raw ratings down slightly, update on SmackDown number, Interesting AEW Ratings Note

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 3rd, '20, 23:18

Big Red Machine wrote:
Jun 3rd, '20, 19:00
Serujuunin wrote:
Jun 3rd, '20, 18:50
cero2k wrote:
Jun 3rd, '20, 18:15


are retirement homes not considered families!?
How do they know viewers per home? That seems kinda strange to me.
I believe that most of these things are self-reported by Nielsen families.
Yes, this has spoken on 25 times by now lol.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

User avatar
Serujuunin
Posts: 2425
Joined: Dec 17th, '10, 19:56

Re: WWE Raw ratings down slightly, update on SmackDown number, Interesting AEW Ratings Note

Post by Serujuunin » Jun 4th, '20, 21:06

KILLdozer wrote:
Jun 3rd, '20, 23:18
Big Red Machine wrote:
Jun 3rd, '20, 19:00
Serujuunin wrote:
Jun 3rd, '20, 18:50


How do they know viewers per home? That seems kinda strange to me.
I believe that most of these things are self-reported by Nielsen families.
Yes, this has spoken on 25 times by now lol.
Ive asked about number of viewers before, but I haven’t asked about this.

User avatar
KILLdozer
Posts: 5889
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 22:54

Re: WWE Raw ratings down slightly, update on SmackDown number, Interesting AEW Ratings Note

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 4th, '20, 21:29

Serujuunin wrote:
Jun 4th, '20, 21:06
KILLdozer wrote:
Jun 3rd, '20, 23:18
Big Red Machine wrote:
Jun 3rd, '20, 19:00


I believe that most of these things are self-reported by Nielsen families.
Yes, this has spoken on 25 times by now lol.
Ive asked about number of viewers before, but I haven’t asked about this.
Yeah Nielsen boxes have been talked about tons lol.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 19684
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32

Re: WWE Raw ratings down slightly, update on SmackDown number, Interesting AEW Ratings Note

Post by cero2k » Jun 5th, '20, 09:23

KILLdozer wrote:
Jun 4th, '20, 21:29

Yeah Nielsen boxes have been talked about tons lol.
Dozer, have you never realized that Red and I always argue about the same things over and over again?

User avatar
KILLdozer
Posts: 5889
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 22:54

Re: WWE Raw ratings down slightly, update on SmackDown number, Interesting AEW Ratings Note

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 5th, '20, 09:53

cero2k wrote:
Jun 5th, '20, 09:23
KILLdozer wrote:
Jun 4th, '20, 21:29

Yeah Nielsen boxes have been talked about tons lol.
Dozer, have you never realized that Red and I always argue about the same things over and over again?
Of course, which is why I always say "shut up fat boys!"
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Thelone and 2 guests