NXT Talent Reportedly Instructed Over P.A. System To "Be More Lively" For Monday's RAW

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

NXT Talent Reportedly Instructed Over P.A. System To "Be More Lively" For Monday's RAW

Post by cero2k » Jun 2nd, '20, 14:42

Source: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2020/ ... um=twitter

Last night's RAW was taped last Tuesday at the WWE Performance Center.

WWE has been using developmental and NXT stars in the crowd to give the shows a livelier atmosphere. The talent had a long day at Monday's television tapings last week and had to report back to Full Sail at 10 a.m. on Tuesday for temperature checks before being bused to the Performance Center for another full day of tapings.

205 Live and Main Event were taped first last Tuesday. The crowd was apparently somewhat sluggish before the RAW taping that started at 2 p.m. Someone backstage got on the house P.A. system and instructed the crowd to be more enthusiastic. One source described it as a parent talking down to a child. It has not been confirmed who the person was that was addressing the talent.

This Friday's Smackdown should be a lively show as that was taped right after Raw that day. It also included the A.J. Styles vs. Daniel Bryan match that will air on the June 12th episode.

Another interesting note is that the talent used in the crowd were kept separate from the talent on the show. They did not get to eat at catering with the main roster stars, and they had to bring in their own packed lunches. They had their own tent outside where they ate and spent breaks.

WWE will return to the Performance Center for NXT Takeover: In Your House this Sunday, although the Velveteen Dream vs. Adam Cole main event was taped at the Full Sail campus backlot last Thursday. On Monday they will tape that week's RAW, SmackDown, 205 Live and Main Event.

The week of June 14th will be another busy week as they will be taping a couple of weeks of television then.

Big Red Machine

Re: NXT Talent Reportedly Instructed Over P.A. System To "Be More Lively" For Monday's RAW

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 2nd, '20, 15:56

cero2k wrote: Jun 2nd, '20, 14:42 Source: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2020/ ... um=twitter

Last night's RAW was taped last Tuesday at the WWE Performance Center.

WWE has been using developmental and NXT stars in the crowd to give the shows a livelier atmosphere. The talent had a long day at Monday's television tapings last week and had to report back to Full Sail at 10 a.m. on Tuesday for temperature checks before being bused to the Performance Center for another full day of tapings.

205 Live and Main Event were taped first last Tuesday. The crowd was apparently somewhat sluggish before the RAW taping that started at 2 p.m. Someone backstage got on the house P.A. system and instructed the crowd to be more enthusiastic. One source described it as a parent talking down to a child. It has not been confirmed who the person was that was addressing the talent.
This I'm fine with. If you've got an audience of plants, you can give them instructions on how you want them to behave.
cero2k wrote: Jun 2nd, '20, 14:42 Another interesting note is that the talent used in the crowd were kept separate from the talent on the show. They did not get to eat at catering with the main roster stars, and they had to bring in their own packed lunches. They had their own tent outside where they ate and spent breaks.

WWE will return to the Performance Center for NXT Takeover: In Your House this Sunday, although the Velveteen Dream vs. Adam Cole main event was taped at the Full Sail campus backlot last Thursday. On Monday they will tape that week's RAW, SmackDown, 205 Live and Main Event.

The week of June 14th will be another busy week as they will be taping a couple of weeks of television then.
This I am less fine with, because I can see only two possible explanations for it:
1. A pure desire to build an unnecessary boundary between talent
2. If you are going to these lengths to keep the "crowd" away from the people working on the actual show, the only "reasonable" explanation I can come up with is that the people in the crowd haven't been tested, and if that's the case, you shouldn't have them there at all, as they are at the very least endangering each other.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

XIV

Re: NXT Talent Reportedly Instructed Over P.A. System To "Be More Lively" For Monday's RAW

Post by XIV » Jun 6th, '20, 06:00

If they did this to actual fans, we'd all laugh.. But they're paying the people forming the crowd to do something, so maybe the delivery wasn't the best, but still an instruction from your bosses.

I don't understand why they couldn't just set up two catering areas? set up two areas to have breaks? Seems odd to get them to bring packed lunches.
Have A Nice Day!

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Jun 6th, '20, 14:55

XIV wrote: Jun 6th, '20, 06:00 If they did this to actual fans, we'd all laugh.. But they're paying the people forming the crowd to do something, so maybe the delivery wasn't the best, but still an instruction from your bosses.

I don't understand why they couldn't just set up two catering areas? set up two areas to have breaks? Seems odd to get them to bring packed lunches.
Unless they don't want to pay for catering for the people in the crowd, only for the wrestlers on the show.

XIV

Post by XIV » Jun 7th, '20, 02:14

Serujuunin wrote: Jun 6th, '20, 14:55
XIV wrote: Jun 6th, '20, 06:00 If they did this to actual fans, we'd all laugh.. But they're paying the people forming the crowd to do something, so maybe the delivery wasn't the best, but still an instruction from your bosses.

Unless they don't want to pay for catering for the people in the crowd, only for the wrestlers on the show.
Maybe, it just feels like it's such a negligible cost difference in it for the company.
Have A Nice Day!

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Jun 7th, '20, 12:59

XIV wrote: Jun 7th, '20, 02:14

Maybe, it just feels like it's such a negligible cost difference in it for the company.
I agree, which makes it a bit more unsavory if that is what’s happening.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 7th, '20, 13:43

Serujuunin wrote: Jun 7th, '20, 12:59

It makes sense if you're worried about them possibly having COVID, having everyone bring their own lunch and not sharing serving utensils. The problem is that if you're worried about them having COVID, you shouldn't be inviting these extras to the building!
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

XIV

Post by XIV » Jun 8th, '20, 00:09

Big Red Machine wrote: Jun 7th, '20, 13:43
Serujuunin wrote: Jun 7th, '20, 12:59

It makes sense if you're worried about them possibly having COVID, having everyone bring their own lunch and not sharing serving utensils. The problem is that if you're worried about them having COVID, you shouldn't be inviting these extras to the building!
I understand keeping everyone separate.

I’ll bet it’s something as simple as main roster talent have Catering privileges in their contracts and performance centre talent don’t.
Have A Nice Day!