MLW announces signing of Saieve Al Sabah

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

MLW announces signing of Saieve Al Sabah

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 8th, '20, 14:06

https://www.f4wonline.com/mlw-news/mlw- ... bah-312821

By Joseph Currier | @josephcurrier | Jun 8, 2020 9:09 am

MLW has announced a new member of their roster.

It was announced today that Saieve Al Sabah has signed a multi-year deal with MLW. He previously wrestled for the promotion in 2017 and 2018.

“Saieve is someone who caught my eye in 2017 and we’ve been enthusiastically pursuing signing him ever since,” MLW CEO Court Bauer said in the press release announcing Al Sabah's signing. “After almost three years, we are thrilled to formally welcome Saieve Al Sabah to the MLW family.”

Al Sabah was revealed as the newest member of Injustice on the latest episode of MLW Pulp Fusion. MLW Middleweight Champion Myron Reed and Jordan Oliver are also part of the stable.

Kotto Brazil was formerly a member of Injustice. Following an angle where Contra Unit attacked the MLW roster, MLW announced last month that Brazil's career with them was over.

"@MLW N I Will Be Working Together. I Implore U To Stop Congratulating Me. This Is A Responsibility. We Have Work 2 Do. Watch N Judge Us By Our Content And Characters. I Am Demanding U 2 Watch And Judge Us. Hold Us Accountable For How We Entertain N Stimulate Your Mind," Al Sabah tweeted yesterday.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Re: MLW announces signing of Saieve Al Sabah

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 8th, '20, 14:06

A good signing.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 5th, '20, 08:46

Well... that sure blew up quickly:
https://www.postwrestling.com/2020/07/0 ... -comments/
July 4, 2020 Andrew Thompson
On June 8th, Major League Wrestling announced the signing of Saieve Al Sabah (Samson Therasse) to the organization. Upon his arrival into MLW, Saieve was set to be a part of the ‘Injustice’ group with Jordan Oliver and MLW World Middleweight Champion Myron Reed. Today, Saieve took to Twitter and revealed that he requested his release from MLW and was granted that release.

Over the past several days, Saieve voiced his thoughts about the powers that be in MLW, specifically their Chief Operating Officer, Jared [Mister] St. Laurent. On July 1st, Saieve tweeted directly to MLW founder Court Bauer that if Bauer didn’t “clean up his house”, he [Saieve] will. Saieve added that Jared St. Laurent needs to be out of the wrestling business and tagged the Team Vision Dojo in the tweet where Laurent was formerly a coach and trainer. The tweets from Saieve about MLW and Laurent continued up until today when Saieve was granted his release. In the midst of that, Saieve also shared several photos of Saint Laurent and Chasyn Rance together. Rance operates the Team Vision Dojo wrestling school in Florida and is also a registered sex offender.

As he continued to put tweets out, Saieve received a direct message from the Team Vision Dojo Twitter account which messaged him,

“Always thought you were a nice and talented person.”

The Team Vision Dojo school is also known as the last place that mother of three and pro wrestler, Samantha Fiddler was seen. In November of 2016, she disappeared and has not been seen since. At the time, she was in a relationship with Teddy Hart and Hart was a trainer at the school. Back in November, Teddy Hart released a statement about his relationship with Samantha and his dealings with Chasyn Rance, as the accusations that he and/or Rance had something to do with her disappearance arose.

I reached out to Saieve and he’s of the belief that Jared St. Laurent, due to his past dealings with Chasyn Rance, is tied into or may know more information about the disappearance of Samantha Fiddler since she was last seen at the Team Vision Dojo in 2016. Saieve did not dive too deeply into what he knows but he shared a screenshot with me that reads that Chasyn Rance and St. Laurent used to live together in the early 2000s. He also passed along the images he put on his Twitter of Laurent and Rance together. Former Team Vision Dojo trainees Dan Kinnally and Salina de la Renta, both confirmed to me that while they were training at the school with Samantha Fiddler, Jared Saint Laurent was not coaching nor training there at the time. The following is from Kinnally:

“I had only seen Mister Saint Laurent during an event with Salina. The time I was when I was training with her I had never seen him at the school.”

Salina de la Renta passed along the following:

“Yes, I remember when Samantha started training at the school. She would always come around with Teddy Hart, and eventually she stopped coming. I never heard of her after that but it’s true that MSL was not coaching then. I never saw him when I went to class.”

With that information, I spoke with MLW Head of Wrestling Operations, Jared St. Laurent and he was willing to speak on the record about the situation at hand. Firstly, he expressed that he feels bad because he was looking forward to seeing what Saieve was going to do in MLW. As far as his affiliation with Chasyn Rance, Laurent said he has not been associated with him or the dojo in years. According to Laurent, Saieve was upset about a $5 royalty check from a t-shirt sale. MLW put a Saieve Al Sabah shirt up on Pro Wrestling Tees and Al Sabah only saw $5 from that. Laurent explained that he was not the individual who gave that amount of money to Saieve. Laurent said he wasn’t aware that Saieve had a shirt with MLW because his contract with the organization had not started yet.

Laurent said that he and Saieve spoke via email prior to Saieve receiving the royalty check from the shirt and then some time after Saieve received the money, he then sent out the series of tweets. Saieve has worked with MLW in the past and Laurent said that he offered both Saieve and MJF (AEW talent) the same deal. According to Laurent, Saieve wanted close to $300,000 a year in 2018 and he felt that Saieve was not a TV property yet but did have “all the talent”. He also doesn’t understand how Sabah would think that MLW would be able to give him that amount of money. Laurent offered $100 per show and Saieve countered with $50,000 bonuses every few months and that totaled to about $20,000 short of $300k. After that, the talks between the two sides ended.

When Saieve signed with MLW last month, it was for “a few hundred” a show and Saieve appeared to be happy with the deal. Laurent added that all of his 2020 dealings with Saieve were pleasant and Saieve was apologetic for what went down in 2018. Laurent shared that a mutual friend reached out to him and said that Saieve wanted to come and work with MLW again. Over the past several days, MSL said that Saieve has been going around telling people that he’s going to get him [MSL] fired. MSL claims he reached out to Saieve around the time that Saieve started to tweet about the situation at hand.

In emails exchanged between the two parties, Laurent asked for Saieve’s PayPal address at the time of his signing and the exchanges were friendly. On June 8th, Saieve also sent Laurent the following:

“Hi MSL. Just Wanted to Reach Out About JD Drake. He Spoke To Me About Concerns About Potentially Coming to MLW. I Spoke to Court about it and he said to forward you his email. Thank you for taking the time to read this.”

Following the Samantha Fiddler/Team Vision dojo rumors beginning to arise, Saieve stopped working with Team Vision but he had been working with them for a year-and-a-half after Fiddler’s disappearance. As for Laurent, he claims to have cut business ties with Chasyn Rance and Team Vision a decade ago before Chasyn’s legal troubles were made public. He continued to work with the school because he felt a loyalty to the students so he checked in throughout the years to see how everyone was doing. Laurent shared that at the time, no one that was a part of the school was aware of Chasyn’s past legal troubles and he told everybody a watered down version of his crimes. He says that he wasn’t around while Samantha was there, which was backed by Salina de la Renta and Dan Kinnally, but he did train some students without being paid for it.

When he heard about the Samantha Fiddler case around early 2018, he stopped visiting the dojo and encouraged everyone to switch schools.

I have reached out to Saieve Al Sabah again to see if there’s anything else he wanted to add from his side of the story but he has not responded.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Thelone

Post by Thelone » Jul 5th, '20, 11:54

This reads like a weird fever dream.