OTT, RevPro & TNT Extreme sever ties with David Starr

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

OTT, RevPro & TNT Extreme sever ties with David Starr

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 18th, '20, 17:21

https://www.f4wonline.com/indies/ott-re ... arr-313591

(The article on F4W has links to Tweets)

By Josh Nason | @joshnason | Jun 18, 2020 9:30 am

This story was updated at 1:20 PM Eastern.

In the wake of indie wrestler David Starr being accused of sexual assault, several independent wrestling companies have stripped him of their titles or announced intentions to not work with him again.

On Thursday, Ireland's OTT tweeted that their championship is now vacant, RevPro tweeted their Southside title is now vacant, and TNT Extreme Wrestling tweeted they have also stripped Starr (real name Max Barsky) of their title.

A Twitter user named Tori shared her story earlier this week, saying the 29-year-old sexually assaulted and abused her, prompting another woman to share her experience.

Since the accusation, Starr tweeted several times that he is not a sexual predator, but that he was "an emotionally immature d*ckhead", denying doing what Tori claims and that he was "an awful partner." He said if this means the end of wrestling for him, he's fine with that, but he isn't going on the offensive. "No matter what I say, I'm the bad guy. No pity party. It is what it is," he tweeted.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: OTT, RevPro & TNT Extreme sever ties with David Starr

Post by cero2k » Jun 18th, '20, 17:34

it's not just David Starr, the brit scene is imploding, and i'm sure it's bound to start in the US too. A lot of brave women are speaking out and some somewhat big names are being called out.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 18th, '20, 18:02

cero2k wrote: Jun 18th, '20, 17:34 it's not just David Starr, the brit scene is imploding, and i'm sure it's bound to start in the US too. A lot of brave women are speaking out and some somewhat big names are being called out.
I feel like the US scene already had this, though. Obviously, not everyone came out, but I'd be more surprised for anything big in the US/Canada than I would to see more stuff in the UK.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 18th, '20, 18:19

Big Red Machine wrote: Jun 18th, '20, 18:02
cero2k wrote: Jun 18th, '20, 17:34 it's not just David Starr, the brit scene is imploding, and i'm sure it's bound to start in the US too. A lot of brave women are speaking out and some somewhat big names are being called out.
I feel like the US scene already had this, though. Obviously, not everyone came out, but I'd be more surprised for anything big in the US/Canada than I would to see more stuff in the UK.
I think the same, it's been a BritWrestling thing for the most part, but names like Dave Crist have already been brought up. I say burn the barn and bring them all out for shooting.

idk if it's a cultural thing to not talk about it, but if anyone ever complains about Japan having gender-separated promotions, i'm gonna bring this up.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 18th, '20, 18:39

cero2k wrote: Jun 18th, '20, 18:19
Big Red Machine wrote: Jun 18th, '20, 18:02
I think the same, it's been a BritWrestling thing for the most part, but names like Dave Crist have already been brought up. I say burn the barn and bring them all out for shooting.

idk if it's a cultural thing to not talk about it, but if anyone ever complains about Japan having gender-separated promotions, i'm gonna bring this up.
Probably a little bit of column A, a little bit of column B. Same-sex abuse also does happen, too, but I think when it comes to Japanese dojos, people are just more willing to talk about the physical abuse. I could be wrong, but I think we've had more dead trainees in Japanese dojos than anywhere else in the world.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 18th, '20, 21:52

Big Red Machine wrote: Jun 18th, '20, 18:39

Probably a little bit of column A, a little bit of column B. Same-sex abuse also does happen, too, but I think when it comes to Japanese dojos, people are just more willing to talk about the physical abuse. I could be wrong, but I think we've had more dead trainees in Japanese dojos than anywhere else in the world.
oh no yeah, for sure, there's a lot of history, Kagetsu was rumored to retired for being a bit too rough.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 18th, '20, 21:58

Jim Cornette was just brought up, Him and his wife. I tried checking to see if Cornette had address anything, but apparently, we're blocked by him, that I take with honor.

Janela called it some time back