WWE looking into abuse allegations made against Jordan Devlin

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

WWE looking into abuse allegations made against Jordan Devlin

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 19th, '20, 00:38

https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/wwe- ... lin-313611

By Joseph Currier | @josephcurrier | Jun 18, 2020 8:17 pm

WWE issued a statement Thursday regarding an allegation of abuse made against Jordan Devlin.

"We take any allegation of this nature very seriously and are looking into the matter," WWE said.

The statement was made after a woman named Hannah tweeted photos of bruises on her lower body Thursday, writing, "This is scary. I'm really scared. Jordan Devlin did this to me. And this is just the physical damage. Not including my arse and back bruises....because I don't fancy posting that online."

After Devlin tweeted about this being a new chapter for OTT Wrestling following them stripping David Starr of their World title, Hannah tweeted: "My head is full. But my abuser is now tweeting about @OTT_wrestling vacating their championship. You're in danger of putting another abuser right in Starr's place.”

Devlin has yet to comment publicly on the allegation made against him.

Throughout Thursday, people have shared their stories on social media of surviving abuse and harassment in the United Kingdom/European professional wrestling scene and beyond, inspiring the #SpeakingOut movement.

Devlin is part of the NXT UK brand and won the NXT Cruiserweight Championship at Worlds Collide this January. Unable to travel and defend the title due to the coronavirus pandemic, an interim Cruiserweight Championship tournament took place and was won by Santos Escobar. WWE dropped the interim label near the end of the tournament, and both Devlin and Escobar are listed as Cruiserweight Champions on their website.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: WWE looking into abuse allegations made against Jordan Devlin

Post by cero2k » Jun 19th, '20, 07:54

I haven't read the stories, but add Scotty Davis, Travis Banks, Ligero, Jack Sexsmith, and Jack Gallagher.

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Jun 19th, '20, 11:36

cero2k wrote: Jun 19th, '20, 07:54 I haven't read the stories, but add Scotty Davis, Travis Banks, Ligero, Jack Sexsmith, and Jack Gallagher.
Joe Koffey, Matt Riddle, Cornette., Jake Crist, Callihan, Bram. We might want to keep a sexual assault megathread, just to update the books every moening.
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 19th, '20, 12:41

NWK2000 wrote: Jun 19th, '20, 11:36
cero2k wrote: Jun 19th, '20, 07:54 I haven't read the stories, but add Scotty Davis, Travis Banks, Ligero, Jack Sexsmith, and Jack Gallagher.
Joe Koffey, Matt Riddle, Cornette., Jake Crist, Callihan, Bram. We might want to keep a sexual assault megathread, just to update the books every moening.
1. I thought it was Stacey Cornette, not Jim.

Also, Callihan is old news. He's been a known abuser for years.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 19th, '20, 13:36

Big Red Machine wrote: Jun 19th, '20, 12:41
1. I thought it was Stacey Cornette, not Jim.
it is technically Stacey, but Cornette is involved