Multiple People in WWE Test Positive for COVID-19

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

Multiple People in WWE Test Positive for COVID-19

Post by cero2k » Jun 24th, '20, 13:42

source: https://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/wwe-c ... ronavirus/
Posted By: Ryan Satin June 24, 2020

Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned multiple people in WWE who have been at the Performance Center tested positive for COVID-19 this week, including in-ring talent.

While it’s unclear when they were tested exactly, or how many of them were for wrestlers, sources tell us at least three people who had been at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando received positive test results this week.

Our sources say more testing will now be done by WWE’s medical team before this week’s TV production to make sure the virus has not spread amongst talent/behind the scenes workers.

As we previously reported, a developmental talent tested positive for COVID-19 causing production to shut down for a day last week. Everyone who had been in the building was then tested and each person who received a positive test was able to resume filming content at the Performance Center. It’s unclear if these results are related to that round of testing or if additional testing was done.

According to the Associated Press, the single day count of new confirmed coronavirus cases in Florida went up to 5,500 people on Wednesday. This is triple the level from two weeks ago.

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Multiple People in WWE Test Positive for COVID-19

Post by cero2k » Jun 25th, '20, 09:11

Seems like we're gonna start a new list, now with people that got COVID because of how irresponsible WWE is. So far that I know

Rene Young
Kayla (she was the one that got it during WM, recovered, and now has it again)
Adam Pearce

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 25th, '20, 09:32

We don't know that these people got it from others in WWE. I'm not saying they didn't. I'm just saying don't jump to conclusions about who is responsible.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 25th, '20, 09:38

Big Red Machine wrote: Jun 25th, '20, 09:32 We don't know that these people got it from others in WWE. I'm not saying they didn't. I'm just saying don't jump to conclusions about who is responsible.
True, but I can still give WWE shit for not testing, because there is a big chance that if they got it from somewhere else, it was prior to last week and they were there at the shows without masks while not showing symptoms yet. This is either WWE allowed for their environment to get infected, or it was and they didn't stop it sooner.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 25th, '20, 09:59

cero2k wrote: Jun 25th, '20, 09:38
Big Red Machine wrote: Jun 25th, '20, 09:32 We don't know that these people got it from others in WWE. I'm not saying they didn't. I'm just saying don't jump to conclusions about who is responsible.
True, but I can still give WWE shit for not testing, because there is a big chance that if they got it from somewhere else, it was prior to last week and they were there at the shows without masks while not showing symptoms yet. This is either WWE allowed for their environment to get infected, or it was and they didn't stop it sooner.
That's true. But until we here about a lot more cases in WWE, I don't think it's fair to automatically assume that they got it from interacting with other WWE personnel simply because WWE's precautions have been lax.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 25th, '20, 10:34

Big Red Machine wrote: Jun 25th, '20, 09:59
That's true. But until we here about a lot more cases in WWE, I don't think it's fair to automatically assume that they got it from interacting with other WWE personnel simply because WWE's precautions have been lax.
WWE is not going to disclose the number (just like they didn't disclose the NXT firings), but Dave and Alvarez have both heard from different sources that the numbers are between 10+ and 2 dozen.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 25th, '20, 11:32

cero2k wrote: Jun 25th, '20, 10:34
Big Red Machine wrote: Jun 25th, '20, 09:59
WWE is not going to disclose the number (just like they didn't disclose the NXT firings), but Dave and Alvarez have both heard from different sources that the numbers are between 10+ and 2 dozen.
Okay, so that's a substantial amount.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 25th, '20, 11:32

cero2k wrote: Jun 25th, '20, 09:11 Seems like we're gonna start a new list, now with people that got COVID because of how irresponsible WWE is. So far that I know

Rene Young
Kayla (she was the one that got it during WM, recovered, and now has it again)
Adam Pearce
Also, who is violating HIPAA to put these names out? Not cool.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Thelone

Post by Thelone » Jun 25th, '20, 11:50

They announced it themselves.

And Braxton deactivated her Twitter apparently.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 25th, '20, 12:11

Big Red Machine wrote: Jun 25th, '20, 11:32
the talent itself has been posting and that's as far as we'll be able to know who has it and who doesn't.

This makes me wonder about guys like Rollins if he'll ever be like, you know what, Becky is pregnant at home, I can't be risking shit. Bray has a newborn, Dragon has both weak immunity and also has a new born. There's a lot to think about if you're working with WWE right now

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 25th, '20, 12:17

cero2k wrote: Jun 25th, '20, 12:11
Big Red Machine wrote: Jun 25th, '20, 11:32
the talent itself has been posting and that's as far as we'll be able to know who has it and who doesn't.

This makes me wonder about guys like Rollins if he'll ever be like, you know what, Becky is pregnant at home, I can't be risking shit. Bray has a newborn, Dragon has both weak immunity and also has a new born. There's a lot to think about if you're working with WWE right now
Correct... although in cases like Rollins and Dragon (and especially Rollins) the calculus might become "if I've already risked exposing myself I should stay as far away from home as possible, and thus I should stay here and work."

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 25th, '20, 12:32

Big Red Machine wrote: Jun 25th, '20, 12:17
Correct... although in cases like Rollins and Dragon (and especially Rollins) the calculus might become "if I've already risked exposing myself I should stay as far away from home as possible, and thus I should stay here and work."
well, neither. anyone exposed should quarantine for two weeks and then decide if you want to see your family or work as your first outing. With this exposure, WWE cannot afford to risk it. Vince won't read my messages anymore, but he needs to tape 3 weeks worth of shows and let everyone quarantine for two weeks somewhere safe, and that's as close as they'll be able to get to knowing who is safe to work and who isn't.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 25th, '20, 12:50

cero2k wrote: Jun 25th, '20, 12:32
Big Red Machine wrote: Jun 25th, '20, 12:17
well, neither. anyone exposed should quarantine for two weeks and then decide if you want to see your family or work as your first outing. With this exposure, WWE cannot afford to risk it. Vince won't read my messages anymore, but he needs to tape 3 weeks worth of shows and let everyone quarantine for two weeks somewhere safe, and that's as close as they'll be able to get to knowing who is safe to work and who isn't.
That's actually a really great idea for a schedule. It even gives you a go-home show where you can pivot directions for the PPV if someone in a match tests positive.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 26th, '20, 08:33

WWE Producer Jamie Noble Hit With COVID-19
source: https://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/wwe-p ... -covid-19/

Jamie Noble has confirmed he’s one of the people in WWE who got hit with COVID-19.

The WWE producer shared the news on Instagram, writing, “Not how we expect this month to go! Covid-19 has hit home. Prayers for me and my family will be greatly appreciated!”

As we previously reported, multiple people who were at the Performance Center tested positive for the virus this week. This includes Renee Young, Kayla Braxton and Adam Pearce; who all went public with the news yesterday on social media.

WWE has said they will now be testing everyone at the PC for COVID-19 before filming shows for the foreseeable future.

Gives me the impression that the cases are mostly backstage people and that contamination happened during meetings, which make sense since it would had been a closed room with the AC blasting.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 26th, '20, 12:37

Someone from the 'crowd' has tested positive, MLW's Tyreke