Impact Wrestling Episode Reportedly Barely Made It To AXS TV In Time To Air This Week

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

Impact Wrestling Episode Reportedly Barely Made It To AXS TV In Time To Air This Week

Post by cero2k » Jun 25th, '20, 09:40

source: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2020/ ... um=twitter

This week's Impact Wrestling episode almost didn't make it to AXS TV in time to air, according to PWInsider.

As noted, Impact had to edit Joey Ryan out of the show after he was released due to allegations from the "#SpeakingOut" movement on social media. It was noted that things came down to the wire as Impact officials made it just in time to deliver the episode to AXS.

The situation was described as "another 30 minutes and we wouldn't have been on the air, at all."

It was also noted that Impact cannibalized material originally set to air in the coming weeks to make up for what they edited out due to Ryan's departure. The company still has to figure out what their plans are for future episodes, but they felt like the most important goal for this week was to make sure the did everything they could do to deliver a new episode under any circumstances.

For those who missed it, you can click here to read Impact's statement on releasing Ryan and Dave Crist, and suspending Michael Elgin.

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Impact Wrestling Episode Reportedly Barely Made It To AXS TV In Time To Air This Week

Post by cero2k » Jun 25th, '20, 09:41

I can confirm, I got the media review screener like 2 hours before showtime, BUT it was perfectly edited, no sign of Cancel Culture, and Crazzy Steve, who was supposed to wrestle them, was already in another skit building up another match with someone else, and the filler was Deonna Purrazzo's debut, so all good.

Big Red Machine

Re: Impact Wrestling Episode Reportedly Barely Made It To AXS TV In Time To Air This Week

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 25th, '20, 10:02

Props to them for putting in the extra effort to do this, but I don't think there would have been anything wrong with basically giving Joey the treatment Benoit gets on the Network, where you don't edit him out from this one show, but you don't advertise him in any way and don't show anything other than the match (assuming he was losing. If he's winning it's a slightly different story, but I still wouldn't fault them for not editing him off if there was a time crunch).
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 25th, '20, 10:32

Big Red Machine wrote: Jun 25th, '20, 10:02 Props to them for putting in the extra effort to do this, but I don't think there would have been anything wrong with basically giving Joey the treatment Benoit gets on the Network, where you don't edit him out from this one show, but you don't advertise him in any way and don't show anything other than the match (assuming he was losing. If he's winning it's a slightly different story, but I still wouldn't fault them for not editing him off if there was a time crunch).
the match was Joey Ryan, RVD, and Jake Crist vs Crazzy Steve and two mystery partners. I'm assuming the mystery partners would be your usual placeholders Rhino and Dreamer, so given that match, there is a chance that it would end in a way that would extend that feud, so may as well stop it here.

Also, realistically, imagine the nuclear heat they'd get if they didn't remove the match. No one respects Impact already, this would had been bad.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 25th, '20, 11:30

cero2k wrote: Jun 25th, '20, 10:32
Big Red Machine wrote: Jun 25th, '20, 10:02 Props to them for putting in the extra effort to do this, but I don't think there would have been anything wrong with basically giving Joey the treatment Benoit gets on the Network, where you don't edit him out from this one show, but you don't advertise him in any way and don't show anything other than the match (assuming he was losing. If he's winning it's a slightly different story, but I still wouldn't fault them for not editing him off if there was a time crunch).
the match was Joey Ryan, RVD, and Jake Crist vs Crazzy Steve and two mystery partners. I'm assuming the mystery partners would be your usual placeholders Rhino and Dreamer, so given that match, there is a chance that it would end in a way that would extend that feud, so may as well stop it here.

Also, realistically, imagine the nuclear heat they'd get if they didn't remove the match. No one respects Impact already, this would had been bad.

If the match doesn't end in a way that can conceivably be an end to a feud then that's one thing, but I don't think there would be heat for airing the match if you don't advertise the bad people's presence in any way. Or, rather, there would be heat, but it would be unwarranted and wouldn't do any damage to TNA. The people who would cause a stink are fans who aren't buying tickets or PPVs anyway, simply because of TNA's current geographical range, or they're wrestlers would all almost certainly jump at the chance for a TNA contract if offered, no matter what they say right now. It's not like TNA didn't fire the dudes.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 25th, '20, 12:13

Big Red Machine wrote: Jun 25th, '20, 11:30
If the match doesn't end in a way that can conceivably be an end to a feud then that's one thing, but I don't think there would be heat for airing the match if you don't advertise the bad people's presence in any way. Or, rather, there would be heat, but it would be unwarranted and wouldn't do any damage to TNA. The people who would cause a stink are fans who aren't buying tickets or PPVs anyway, simply because of TNA's current geographical range, or they're wrestlers would all almost certainly jump at the chance for a TNA contract if offered, no matter what they say right now. It's not like TNA didn't fire the dudes.
maybe you're right, i'm judging based on how heated twitter is right now, by fans and wrestlers, that it's just best to play it safe. Has NXTUK announced their lineup for this week?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 25th, '20, 12:19

cero2k wrote: Jun 25th, '20, 12:13
Big Red Machine wrote: Jun 25th, '20, 11:30
maybe you're right, i'm judging based on how heated twitter is right now, by fans and wrestlers, that it's just best to play it safe. Has NXTUK announced their lineup for this week?
Not, but they haven't run anything new since mid-April (or whenever the last show I reviewed was). They've been running a "Superstars' picks" type of thing where each show they'll pick a wrestler, give him or her a few minutes to talk about two of their favorite matches available on the WWE Network, and then show that match.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 25th, '20, 12:28

Big Red Machine wrote: Jun 25th, '20, 12:19

Not, but they haven't run anything new since mid-April (or whenever the last show I reviewed was). They've been running a "Superstars' picks" type of thing where each show they'll pick a wrestler, give him or her a few minutes to talk about two of their favorite matches available on the WWE Network, and then show that match.
oh ok, I thought they just had tons of tapings left over.