Impact terminates relationship with Tessa Blanchard, title vacated

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

Impact terminates relationship with Tessa Blanchard, title vacated

Post by cero2k » Jun 25th, '20, 21:29

source: https://www.f4wonline.com/tna-news/impa ... ted-314166

Tessa Blanchard is no longer with Impact Wrestling and no longer holds the promotion's World Championship.

In a statement issued tonight, Impact announced that the promotion has terminated its relationship with Blanchard: "IMPACT Wrestling has confirmed that it has terminated its relationship with Tessa Blanchard and stripped her of the IMPACT Wrestling World Championship."

Blanchard had been set to defend the Impact World Championship against Michael Elgin, Eddie Edwards, Ace Austin, and Trey Miguel in a five-way match at Slammiversary on Saturday, July 18. Impact hasn't revealed what their plans are for that match now that Blanchard is no longer with the promotion.

Impact announced earlier this week that Elgin has been suspended "pending further review of allegations of misconduct."

Amid the coronavirus pandemic, Blanchard -- who is currently living in Mexico with her fiance Daga -- hasn't appeared at Impact's two recent sets of television tapings. She had been scheduled to defend her title against Elgin and Edwards in a triple threat match at Rebellion in April prior to that show being affected by the pandemic.

PWinsider reported on the reason for Impact terminating their relationship with Blanchard:
Relations between Blanchard and Impact had become increasingly icy in recent weeks, especially after Blanchard did not send promos from Mexico (where she has been residing) for the 6/1 episode of Impact on AXS. That footage was slated to have been edited into a sit-down interview conducted by Josh Mathews 'via satellite.' When that material was not received, Impact had to re-edit the episode with other content and have host segments of the show changed and new voiceovers cut.

Impact sources cite that there were attempts made to get Blanchard to return and drop the title but that the two sides were not able to come to terms. Blanchard's deal was slated to expire before the PPV but Impact was hoping that she would return for a final appearance. When it became increasingly obvious that wasn't going to happen, Impact opted to cut bait and move forward.
Blanchard became Impact World Champion by defeating Sami Callihan at Hard to Kill in January. After tweeting "Hey women, try supporting one another. Cool things happen" on the day before that pay-per-view, she was accused of having previously bullied other wrestlers and of an incident where she spat in La Rosa Negra's face and called her the n-word while they were in Japan in 2017. Blanchard denied those allegations.

It was revealed in July 2018 that Blanchard had signed a long-term contract with Impact. Dave Meltzer reported that the deal was for two years.

Blanchard also held the Knockouts Championship once during her time with Impact.

Big Red Machine

Re: Impact terminates relationship with Tessa Blanchard, title vacated

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 25th, '20, 22:01

Good for them. Not sending in a promo is total f*cking bullsh*t, especially when there is a pandemic going on so it's not like you're out wrestling or on vacation or anything. I just hope she has enough respect for the business to send them the belt back.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

XIV

Post by XIV » Jun 26th, '20, 00:04

I wouldn’t expect this of Tessa. Shocking behaviour. IMPACT! Didn’t ask for much, and yet they got zilch.

I guess her dad will be having a word in Tony Khan’s ear now.
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 26th, '20, 00:55

XIV wrote: Jun 26th, '20, 00:04 I wouldn’t expect this of Tessa. Shocking behaviour. IMPACT! Didn’t ask for much, and yet they got zilch.

I guess her dad will be having a word in Tony Khan’s ear now.
I'm pretty sure AEW's not going to bring her in due to the whole N-word thing. I'd also like to think that doing this makes her someone that no company should hire for quite a while. She has clearly proven herself unreliable. Remember that WWE passed on her because they thought she was a headcase. TNA took a chance on her and got burned. AEW would be idiots to not learn the lesson.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 26th, '20, 07:54

Big Red Machine wrote: Jun 26th, '20, 00:55
I'm pretty sure AEW's not going to bring her in due to the whole N-word thing. I'd also like to think that doing this makes her someone that no company should hire for quite a while. She has clearly proven herself unreliable. Remember that WWE passed on her because they thought she was a headcase. TNA took a chance on her and got burned. AEW would be idiots to not learn the lesson.
I'm sure she'll land in either WWE or MLW, one gives zero fucks racism, the other is master at dealing with trouble people.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 26th, '20, 08:56

cero2k wrote: Jun 26th, '20, 07:54
Big Red Machine wrote: Jun 26th, '20, 00:55
I'm sure she'll land in either WWE or MLW, one gives zero fucks racism, the other is master at dealing with trouble people.
Again... WWE turned her down before because they thought she was a total headcase. This will only prove it to them.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 26th, '20, 12:20

Big Red Machine wrote: Jun 26th, '20, 08:56
Again... WWE turned her down before because they thought she was a total headcase. This will only prove it to them.
but back then she was just an indie old school wrestler's daughter, now she has more credentials and popularity. The latter of which WWE is really interested in. Either way, she ain't coming back to the US until the pandemic is over and that may as well be on 2022 for all I know. She'll do AAA shows for now

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 26th, '20, 12:46

cero2k wrote: Jun 26th, '20, 12:20
Big Red Machine wrote: Jun 26th, '20, 08:56
but back then she was just an indie old school wrestler's daughter, now she has more credentials and popularity. The latter of which WWE is really interested in. Either way, she ain't coming back to the US until the pandemic is over and that may as well be on 2022 for all I know. She'll do AAA shows for now
I think they'll need a few years of her proving that she's mature and/or not a headcase before taking her.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 26th, '20, 13:11

Big Red Machine wrote: Jun 26th, '20, 12:46
I think they'll need a few years of her proving that she's mature and/or not a headcase before taking her.
it's all about how big of a dollar sign they see above her head, but unfortunately for her, she's cooled off because of the pandemic. WWE will deal with her as long as she makes them money

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 26th, '20, 13:23

cero2k wrote: Jun 26th, '20, 13:11
it's all about how big of a dollar sign they see above her head, but unfortunately for her, she's cooled off because of the pandemic. WWE will deal with her as long as she makes them money
I don't think they need her in the division. This is the division where they like to think of themselves as being all woke and progressive, and bringing in the lady accused of bullying and using the N-word doesn't fit that. Charlotte, Becky, Sasha, Bayley, Asuka, Mia Yim, Rhea, Candice, Io, Nattie, and sure, I'll throw Alexa Bliss! in just to troll people, even though I do honestly think she has mega-star capability). WWE knows that they'll be fine without her, so why take the risk.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Jun 26th, '20, 13:38

Big Red Machine wrote: Jun 26th, '20, 13:23
cero2k wrote: Jun 26th, '20, 13:11
I don't think they need her in the division. This is the division where they like to think of themselves as being all woke and progressive, and bringing in the lady accused of bullying and using the N-word doesn't fit that. Charlotte, Becky, Sasha, Bayley, Asuka, Mia Yim, Rhea, Candice, Io, Nattie, and sure, I'll throw Alexa Bliss! in just to troll people, even though I do honestly think she has mega-star capability). WWE knows that they'll be fine without her, so why take the risk.
I don't know much about her but I'm with Red. I think they learned their lesson with all the trouble around Del Rio when they dropped him, and they won't be too keen on picking up someone with a similar reputation for being trouble.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 26th, '20, 13:40

have you not learned anything from WWE in the last 4 months? "Profit above everything" is the WWE motto. Do they need her? no, but would they if it brings money? 100%. People have salivated over doing something between Charlotte and Tessa for a while

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 26th, '20, 16:11

cero2k wrote: Jun 26th, '20, 13:40

have you not learned anything from WWE in the last 4 months? "Profit above everything" is the WWE motto. Do they need her? no, but would they if it brings money? 100%. People have salivated over doing something between Charlotte and Tessa for a while
But that's not how money works in wrestling nowadays. The money- at least for WWE, AEW, TNA, and MLW (and possibly ROH, too)- comes from TV right fees. Bringing Tessa in won't change that, it won't sell Network subs, and it will only result in people bringing up her racism. And while you might ask "what about Hogan?" in WWE's mind, Hogan is somehow worth it because they think he'll actually pop a rating.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 27th, '20, 08:46

Big Red Machine wrote: Jun 26th, '20, 16:11
But that's not how money works in wrestling nowadays. The money- at least for WWE, AEW, TNA, and MLW (and possibly ROH, too)- comes from TV right fees. Bringing Tessa in won't change that, it won't sell Network subs, and it will only result in people bringing up her racism. And while you might ask "what about Hogan?" in WWE's mind, Hogan is somehow worth it because they think he'll actually pop a rating.
But their mentality, especially Hunter's, is that of 'we made the match', 'we have the talent', and 'nostalgia!!!'. They'd go for her just for the idea that they beat AEW to hiring her and she's gonna be the 'hottest free agent in sports entertainment!!'.
I also highly doubt people would bring up her racist actions from years past in Japan, and even less, for WWE to care. Lars Sullivan, Velveteen Dream, Jakson RyKKKer, Jimmy Uso, WWE knows what type of people they hire and they don't care if it can mean ratings/money/popularity. If her actions didn't 'cancel' her back when it came out, or in the last month of BLM, it's not gonna happen when a ton of 60-yr-olds that simp for WWE female wrestlers start salivating over her.

If WWE really looked into the people they hire, it'd be a really different company

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 27th, '20, 13:51

cero2k wrote: Jun 27th, '20, 08:46
But their mentality, especially Hunter's, is that of 'we made the match', 'we have the talent', and 'nostalgia!!!'. They'd go for her just for the idea that they beat AEW to hiring her and she's gonna be the 'hottest free agent in sports entertainment!!'.
I also highly doubt people would bring up her racist actions from years past in Japan, and even less, for WWE to care. Lars Sullivan, Velveteen Dream, Jakson RyKKKer, Jimmy Uso, WWE knows what type of people they hire and they don't care if it can mean ratings/money/popularity. If her actions didn't 'cancel' her back when it came out, or in the last month of BLM, it's not gonna happen when a ton of 60-yr-olds that simp for WWE female wrestlers start salivating over her.

If WWE really looked into the people they hire, it'd be a really different company
Yeah. Entirely so. Anyone that disagrees and doesn't already know this about WWE business making and who they hire should be banned for the day. I WILL NOT sit here and be told otherwise that hiring someone like her is just ABOVE AND BEYOND for WWE and something they just wouldn't do.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jun 27th, '20, 15:34

KILLdozer wrote: Jun 27th, '20, 13:51

Yeah. Entirely so. Anyone that disagrees and doesn't already know this about WWE business making and who they hire should be banned for the day. I WILL NOT sit here and be told otherwise that hiring someone like her is just ABOVE AND BEYOND for WWE and something they just wouldn't do.
If ANYTHING, WWE would just see it as an opportunity to get her as a bargain.

"We're really taking a chance on you, pal... nobody else is going to pay you half that right now..."

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 28th, '20, 09:35

1. Unless something new has happened what I'm not aware of, Ryker's post seems to have been him trying to play a gimmick for heat.
2. With the possible exception of Jimmy Uso (and I'm pretty sure this is true for him as well), all of the people you named had their issues come out during their current contract, so your comment at the end there is not a fair criticism. I could launch the same criticism at TNA for hiring people like Tessa, Ryan, and Crist (and that's not even counting guys like Callihan, Elgin and Swann whose issues were known beforehand), or at AEW for hiring Sammy Guevara and Jimmy Havoc.
3. Lars was injured with an injury that should take six to nine months to recover from- and that's coming from a company that often exaggerates these things to make their wrestlers seem tougher when they come back early. That was over a year ago, and we haven't seen or heard of Lars. I'm pretty sure they're just not using him at all.
4. With as woke as AEW tries to be, I don't think they're hiring Tessa any time soon (or ever), so there is no incentive for Hunter to do so to keep her away from them.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 28th, '20, 09:37

I'm saying it' something they realize would be a poor idea strategically. This company isn't hurting for female talent to the point that they'd hire someone like Tessa in the climate of 2020 (and beyond).

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 28th, '20, 11:28

Big Red Machine wrote: Jun 28th, '20, 09:37

I'm saying it' something they realize would be a poor idea strategically. This company isn't hurting for female talent to the point that they'd hire someone like Tessa in the climate of 2020 (and beyond).
THEY'D DO IT ANYWAY. SEE YOU MONDAY!
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 28th, '20, 11:45

Big Red Machine wrote: Jun 28th, '20, 09:35

1. Unless something new has happened what I'm not aware of, Ryker's post seems to have been him trying to play a gimmick for heat.
2. With the possible exception of Jimmy Uso (and I'm pretty sure this is true for him as well), all of the people you named had their issues come out during their current contract, so your comment at the end there is not a fair criticism. I could launch the same criticism at TNA for hiring people like Tessa, Ryan, and Crist (and that's not even counting guys like Callihan, Elgin and Swann whose issues were known beforehand), or at AEW for hiring Sammy Guevara and Jimmy Havoc.
3. Lars was injured with an injury that should take six to nine months to recover from- and that's coming from a company that often exaggerates these things to make their wrestlers seem tougher when they come back early. That was over a year ago, and we haven't seen or heard of Lars. I'm pretty sure they're just not using him at all.
4. With as woke as AEW tries to be, I don't think they're hiring Tessa any time soon (or ever), so there is no incentive for Hunter to do so to keep her away from them.
1. that was his excuse to not get internal heat, but he's always been the empty head army tool republican that he is
2. hence the key word "IF" they looked into the people they hire, and if I remember correctly, they knew about Lars.
3. He was never fired though, if they're not using him, it's because they're hoping the bad things go away.
4. Hunter and WWE don't check to see if theres competition, they just want to win it even if there is none.