ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by cero2k » Jun 24th, '20, 21:25

Big Red Machine wrote: Jun 24th, '20, 19:23 Shots fired.

I'm 99% sure this is part of the storyline to get Rated RKO together versus Ciampa/???. I want to believe that Edge is not that oblivious that superkicks were the thing people complained about that match. Match that actually got good reviews by most people.

ALSO, no way neither Edge or Orton could pull off either number of Superkicks or dives anyway

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 24th, '20, 21:34

cero2k wrote: Jun 24th, '20, 21:25
Big Red Machine wrote: Jun 24th, '20, 19:23 Shots fired.

I'm 99% sure this is part of the storyline to get Rated RKO together versus Ciampa/???. I want to believe that Edge is not that oblivious that superkicks were the thing people complained about that match. Match that actually got good reviews by most people.

ALSO, no way neither Edge or Orton could pull off either number of Superkicks or dives anyway
I just don't see any way the plan is to get Rated RKO back together. It makes so sense on several levels (first and foremost that no one is going to boo Edge at this point, especially coming back from another big injury).
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 24th, '20, 21:41

Big Red Machine wrote: Jun 24th, '20, 21:34
I just don't see any way the plan is to get Rated RKO back together. It makes so sense on several levels (first and foremost that no one is going to boo Edge at this point, especially coming back from another big injury).
i don't think the plan is for a heel RatedRKO. I've just been hearing a lot of rumors of plans for Edge and RatedRKO, but idk what's gonna happen.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 25th, '20, 09:15

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 25th, '20, 09:28

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/wwe- ... fans-first

Speaking on Sports Hiatus conference call discussing Syncing Sponsorship Value with the Return of Live Action, WWE EVP of Global Head of Sales and Partnerships John Brody commented on WWE's decision to keep running live events during the pandemic.

"The health and safety of our superstars is first and foremost paramount. It comes down to leadership in many ways. Our leader [Vince McMahon] believes we have a social responsibility to put fans first and to help them get a break from what was coming and what we're in the midst of. We have a responsibility to take them away for a few hours and give them a smile and a chance to feel something other than what they're watching, which is also important, on the news. We leaned in to say 'we're going to put fans first' and do everything we can, working with state, local, and federal officials to make sure it's safe for our most important resource, the WWE superstars, and we're going to do whatever we can to deliver content for our partners and our fans," he said.

Brody went on to say that WWE ran from a closed set with essential personnel.

He continued, "We understand the decision other sports made, we wouldn't have made the decision we made if we didn't think we could do it safely for our internal (staff) and for all those affected, but we felt America needed it and needed the 'pick me up.'"

He called pulling off WrestleMania was "superhuman" and that WWE communicated with broadcast partners and sponsors, who were all happy they were able to deliver content.

Our Leader
shit has become a cult in there

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 25th, '20, 09:50

cero2k wrote: Jun 25th, '20, 09:28 https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/wwe- ... fans-first

"The health and safety of our superstars is first and foremost paramount. It comes down to leadership in many ways. Our leader [Vince McMahon] believes we have a social responsibility to put fans first[/i and to help them get a break from what was coming and what we're in the midst of.

Two things cannot come first! Do these people even think before they speak?

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 25th, '20, 13:01

They're not heroe. They're maniacs.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 25th, '20, 13:41

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 25th, '20, 14:24

cero2k wrote: Jun 25th, '20, 13:41
"Or maybe I should say..." what? That's an odd way to end a statement.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 26th, '20, 22:02

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jun 27th, '20, 15:44

cero2k wrote: Jun 25th, '20, 09:28 Our leader [Vince McMahon] believes we have a social responsibility to put fans first and to help them get a break
"Taking a break" is from anything is literally the most irresponsible thing you can do!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 28th, '20, 09:59

An interesting little stat:

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 28th, '20, 11:45

Big Red Machine wrote: Jun 28th, '20, 09:59 An interesting little stat:

And it's somehow run it's course lol.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 29th, '20, 19:56

Meltzer wrote:Jeff Jarrett's lawsuit against Impact Wrestling and Anthem is scheduled to go to trial tomorrow. Jarrett had given Impact the rights to use his Global Force Wrestling tapes while he worked for the company, but felt that once he was no longer with the company, they had no rights to the tapes. Impact, which had the master tapes, had deleted them.
I'm sorry, but I don't see how Jeff has any sort of case here.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 30th, '20, 08:04

Big Red Machine wrote: Jun 29th, '20, 19:56
Meltzer wrote:Jeff Jarrett's lawsuit against Impact Wrestling and Anthem is scheduled to go to trial tomorrow. Jarrett had given Impact the rights to use his Global Force Wrestling tapes while he worked for the company, but felt that once he was no longer with the company, they had no rights to the tapes. Impact, which had the master tapes, had deleted them.
I'm sorry, but I don't see how Jeff has any sort of case here.
neither do I, it's at the end, Jarrett's stupidity to give out the one and only copy of the shows and not keeping a copy

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 15th, '20, 06:14

Two interesting and possibly related points made on one of Wade Keller's podcasts around the following:

Despite the fact that WWE has a PPV this Sunday, they have booked Riddle vs. AJ for the IC Title for this Friday and Orton vs. Big Show in an unsanctioned match for Raw on Monday. Both of these are PPV quality matches that have received a lot of build on TV (and I myself with throw in that last Friday's New Day vs. Cesaro & Nakamura tag title match could also have been put off until the PPV and it would have fit in perfectly with previous WWE booking patterns). They actually did something similar last month by putting the AJ vs. Bryan IC Title tournament finals on free TV. So, does this mean that:

1. They are getting more worried about the ratings drop and saving these things for TV?
or (and more interestingly):
2. We know that George Barrios and Michelle Wilson were big advocates for the Network. One of the big "WWE serves Wall Street, not the fans" talking points was the extra-long PPVs which did nothing but drain fans, but allowed WWE to tout this supposedly-important number of "hours of engagement" on the Network, which would become inflated by the longer PPVs. Since Barrios and Wilson left (supposedly over a big disagreement with Vince about the Network), the PPVs have been a lot shorter (and this started in February, which was before the lockdown). Is this actually a change in philosophy to something that will be a little more fan-friendly?

(Of course, there is no reason why it can't be both at the same time. I just thought the points were interesting.)

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 17th, '20, 11:57

Meltzer in this week's Observer wrote:The one thing is that a lot of people say and do a lot of things and people forget in time. This being the one year anniversary of Fight for the Fallen, if you recall, WWE Network put on an Evolve show head-to-head. Granted, WWE had talked for years about putting indie shows on the network and has the rights to a number of libraries that it has done nothing with. There were the complaints of WWE counter booking, which is fine, although it also was a charity show. But WWE portrayed the timing as a coincidence, but any study of WWE history would tell you it wasn’t, since in the 80s they did the same thing and also claimed these arenas and dates were booked a year plus ahead and it was a coincidence. But the Evolve show got almost all positive responses, and did well in viewership, and here we are a year later, and WWE never did another show like it again. ..
I find this whole thing so curious. If WWE wanted to hurt AEW by going head-to-head and the EVOLVE show did well in viewership, but they didn't do it again? That might almost indicate that it really was a coincidence, except that- as Dave points out- WWE has a history of doing this... but then why would they abandon a strategy that they've liked in the past and that worked well this time? It's baffling.

Is it possible that the not putting other things on the Network was a Wilson/Barrios thing and that might change now that they're gone? Just speculation, but given Dave's note about Evolve 100 doing well, it's the only explanation I can come up with.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jul 18th, '20, 08:56

Big Red Machine wrote: Jul 17th, '20, 11:57
Meltzer in this week's Observer wrote:The one thing is that a lot of people say and do a lot of things and people forget in time. This being the one year anniversary of Fight for the Fallen, if you recall, WWE Network put on an Evolve show head-to-head. Granted, WWE had talked for years about putting indie shows on the network and has the rights to a number of libraries that it has done nothing with. There were the complaints of WWE counter booking, which is fine, although it also was a charity show. But WWE portrayed the timing as a coincidence, but any study of WWE history would tell you it wasn’t, since in the 80s they did the same thing and also claimed these arenas and dates were booked a year plus ahead and it was a coincidence. But the Evolve show got almost all positive responses, and did well in viewership, and here we are a year later, and WWE never did another show like it again. ..
I find this whole thing so curious. If WWE wanted to hurt AEW by going head-to-head and the EVOLVE show did well in viewership, but they didn't do it again? That might almost indicate that it really was a coincidence, except that- as Dave points out- WWE has a history of doing this... but then why would they abandon a strategy that they've liked in the past and that worked well this time? It's baffling.

Is it possible that the not putting other things on the Network was a Wilson/Barrios thing and that might change now that they're gone? Just speculation, but given Dave's note about Evolve 100 doing well, it's the only explanation I can come up with.
Fight of the Fallen last year wasn't on a Wednesday, they haven't had to do these stunts with other than NXT since it's all been Wednesdays. GAB was 1000% obviously a counter for FF. When WWE realized that they didn't have a GAB for FotF this year, they made two impromptu big matches, one on the very same show. I know you hate to accept it, but WWE counter-books AEW, it's what NXT has been since they went on USA. There is zero coincidence, and if they drop strategies, it's because they tend to get killed when trying.