2 Cents, Raw Underground

Get your opinions out
Forum rules
All Topics must start with "2 cents:" continued by the wrestler, event, segment, match being talked about.

example:
2 cents: John Cena
NWK2000

2 Cents, Raw Underground

Post by NWK2000 » Aug 10th, '20, 22:58

Okay, so like, the fighting portion of it isn't super good. Everyone involved kinda looks like schlubs. But aesthetically I like the idea. It reminds me very much of those old Youtube videos when Kimbo was making a name and it would just be Kimbo beating the shit out of some dweeb in a backyard. I sincerely hope the fighting part of it tightens up presentation wise, because it's a cool idea in principle.
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

Big Red Machine

Re: 2 Cents, Raw Underground

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 10th, '20, 23:57

NWK2000 wrote: Aug 10th, '20, 22:58 Okay, so like, the fighting portion of it isn't super good. Everyone involved kinda looks like schlubs. But aesthetically I like the idea. It reminds me very much of those old Youtube videos when Kimbo was making a name and it would just be Kimbo beating the shit out of some dweeb in a backyard. I sincerely hope the fighting part of it tightens up presentation wise, because it's a cool idea in principle.
The fighting is fine for what it is (though obviously I'd like more grapplef*ck). The problem is folding it into the established universe of Raw in a logical manner.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Aug 11th, '20, 08:21

Big Red Machine wrote: Aug 10th, '20, 23:57
NWK2000 wrote: Aug 10th, '20, 22:58 Okay, so like, the fighting portion of it isn't super good. Everyone involved kinda looks like schlubs. But aesthetically I like the idea. It reminds me very much of those old Youtube videos when Kimbo was making a name and it would just be Kimbo beating the shit out of some dweeb in a backyard. I sincerely hope the fighting part of it tightens up presentation wise, because it's a cool idea in principle.
The fighting is fine for what it is (though obviously I'd like more grapplef*ck). The problem is folding it into the established universe of Raw in a logical manner.
I can see that. I just thought it was going to be much worse considering all I'd heard about it, like the Brawl for All had come back or something.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 11th, '20, 08:41

I'm the whole other way, I think the wrestling is good, it's squashes and the type of squashes that look impressive, but I think the presentation looks cheesy. This is what a preppy rich man thinks the 'underground' looks like

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Aug 11th, '20, 09:15

cero2k wrote: Aug 11th, '20, 08:41
I'm the whole other way, I think the wrestling is good, it's squashes and the type of squashes that look impressive, but I think the presentation looks cheesy. This is what a preppy rich man thinks the 'underground' looks like
I would watch old Kimbo videos, or even the high production, fake version of that before I would watch modern sanitized. UFC. but then again I think the first 10 or so UFC events is some of the best things ever put in front of a video camera, so please feel free to disregard me.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 11th, '20, 09:23

This.

And complete with himself as the center of attention obnoxious promoter.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Aug 11th, '20, 14:23

Big Red Machine wrote: Aug 11th, '20, 09:23
This.

And complete with himself as the center of attention obnoxious promoter.
He's trying to channel his inner Joe Rogan when he was on Fear Factor, but I'm so used to the "obnoxious host" trope from reality TV and Youtube that I think it just kinda deflects off of me.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 11th, '20, 15:46

NWK2000 wrote: Aug 11th, '20, 14:23
He's trying to channel his inner Joe Rogan when he was on Fear Factor, but I'm so used to the "obnoxious host" trope from reality TV and Youtube that I think it just kinda deflects off of me.
I think that's the whole reason people still watch WWE overall